In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

'Holy Blood, Holy Grail', by Michael Baigent

I have been fascinated for long by Grail myths and stories, and have read a lot of books, articles and essays upon this matter.

The Grail issue was recently brought forward to the general public by Dan Brown's best selling novel "The DaVinci Code", which I found to be a very pleasurable reading, although the information it provides is roughly overgeneralized since it refers to the lay person. Still, I enjoyed reading the story.

I recently bought the book that started it all, the 80's classic "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0440...47#reader-link

A very interesting reading indeed, providing detailed information about the Knights Templar, the mysterious church of Rennes-Le-Chateau, the Grail legends, the Merovingian bloodline and legacy, the Priory of Sion, Poussin's painting "The Arcadian Sheperds" and many more.

For anyone interested in the Grail myths, I also suggest a visit to these pages:

http://www.dagobertsrevenge.com/

http://www.thevesselofgod.com/

I also enjoyed very much the movie "Revelation".
    It was a low-budget film but still very rich in esoteric symbolism and meaning:

http://www.revelation-movie.com/

One might also find it very useful to explore the mysteries of Rennes-Le-Chateau, the church which greets us with the sign:

"Terribilis Est Locus Iste"

(This Place is Terrible)

http://www.renneslechateau.com/

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    You might love this site relating the Cathars and the vestige of Mont Ségur to the Grail legends.

http://www.russianbooks.org/montsegur.htm

" Montsegur is often named as a candidate for the Holy Grail castle--and indeed there are linguistic similarities in the Grail romance written by Wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival (c. 1200-1210). In Parzival the grail castle is called Monsalvat, similar to Montsegur and meaning the same thing: "safe mountain, secure mountain." The name of Raymond Pereille, the historic seigneur of Montsegur has slight simularities to protagonist of Eschenbach's epic, the knight Parzival. In Jüngerer Titurel (1272) by Albrecht von Scharfenberg, another Grail epic, the first king of the Holy Grail is named Perilla."

Last Online
    Monday, December 8th, 2008 @ 09:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    German & English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Biologist
    Politics
    Independent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AUTHOR'S BID TO SOLVE THE MYSTERY (forget Holy Blood, Holy Grail)

(Forget the Merovingians and occult bloodlines, Poussin's Shepherds of Arcadia has an entirely different meaning according to author Clifton Power)

AUTHOR'S BID TO SOLVE THE MYSTERY

Another code-busting hopeful has stepped forward to solve the mystery surrounding cryptic letters inscribed on a monument at Shugborough Hall.

And Clifton Power, who travelled from Ireland to decipher the stately home's famous Shepherd's Monument, has written a book about his discoveries. "My discovery of an astounding ten-letter Latin phrase I derived from the inscription, and my interpretation of its meaning, is all detailed in the book," said Mr Power.

The monument sat at the centre of a worldwide code-cracking campaign two years ago, when Bletchley Park WW2 cryptologists attempted to solve its riddle - purported to hint at the location of the Holy Grail.

Mr Power's book, Arcadia: The Solution to the Templar Code, claims an acronymic code where each letter stands for a Latin word.

His translation claims the baffling D.O.U.O.S.V.A.V.V.M inscribed on the eighteenth century stone, could stand for two phrases hinting at the Ancient Greek ideal, Arcadia - the perfect state of being.

"Absolutely nothing that I discovered at Shugborough or the Shepherd's Monument is in any way connected to the occult or is even specifically religion," he explains, in a radical departure from the theory that the monument might pinpoint the location of a Christian Holy Grail.

"I did not find any indication that the monument showed the location of anything hidden, such as valuables or relics.

"The ancients valued and preserved philosophical knowledge, and considered this to be their supreme treasure - their 'Holy Grail'."

Mr Powers says his claim is backed up by a white marble bas-relief of Shepherds of Arcadia, a painting by Nicolas Poussin, on the base of the monument.

Poussin is said to have been a teacher of an ancient Western tradition of philosophical training, with the 'Holy Grail' of an ancient philosophical knowledge as its goal.

Source