Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Karl Earlson on the Phalian Race

http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehist...on/phalian.htm

The Phalian Race

There are some important comments on the "Fälish" issue that I would like to make, and which, I believe, may clear-up a few points. Whilst reviewing the SNPA site, and the works of Hans F. K. Günther, I discovered a series of errors surrounding the concept of what constitutes Fälish. Firstly, the meaning of the term:

Etymology: The name Fälish, coined by Günther, derives from "Fälen", German for "plain".

This statement is incorrect. Whilst the meaning of the word is correctly given, its derivation is not. Günther (1934; 1938) stated quite specifically that the term "Fälish" (fälische Rasse), derived from Westfalen (Westphalia). Günther believed that this particular type was rather common in the German province of Westphalia, hence the name. Incidentally, the correct English name for this type would be "Phalian". Günther's term derives from Westfalen (Westphalia), a person who comes from that part of Germany is called Westphalian (Westfälische), in English. Therefore, fälische once translated, is Phalian. The next error is this statement:

Other names: Dalo-Nordic (Paudler; from Dalarne)

Paudler (1924) did indeed employ the term "Dalic" (dalische Typus), but the name "Dalo-Nordic" (dalo-nordische Unterrasse) was used by von Eickstedt (1934).

Description: The pigmentation of the Fälish group is as light as that of any Nordic population. The hair is typically golden blond, the eyes blue.

Günther thought that reddish-blond hair and grey eyes were more common amongst people belonging to the Phalian type.

Origin: Iron Age Hallstatt Nordic altered by mixture with Upper Palaeolithic Borreby elements (or vice versa); a stabilized intermediate.

Whilst it is clear that such hybrid types do indeed exist, a name other than "Fälish" should be found for them. According to Paudler (1924), Kern (1927), von Eickstedt (1934) and Günther (1934; 1938), the Fälische/Dalische type was a relatively unaltered Cro-Magnon descendant. Granting the nomenclature of "Fälish" to this hybrid group is therefore highly misleading. Now here, we arrive at the chief element of confusion:

Description: The short-headedness of the Borreby type carries over in some degree to the Fälish, which is typically sub-brachycephalic and not seldom brachycephalic.

According to all of the authorities previously cited, the Phalian type is long-headed. Günther states that the Phalian type is akin to Cro-Magnon man, and is distinguished by the following features: tall stature, a broad and powerfully-built body (in contrast with the slender and more delicately-built Nordic), a broad face, a large lower jaw, a moderately broad nose, dolichocephalic or mesocephalic skull, fair complexion, reddish-blond hair and blue or grey eyes. Günther's fälische Rasse is thus roughly equivalent to the SNPA Brünn type. Confusion seems to have arisen from the fact that Paudler (1924) stated that Cro-Magnon types could be found in abundance in the Swedish province of Dalarne. In fact, according to Günther (1934), the people of that area are mostly narrow-faced, rather than being broad-faced long heads. They are thus not truly Phalian. Instead, he declares that they are largely Nordic and East Baltic in type; they are probably part Borreby as well. Because Günther thought that the Phalian type was uncommon in Dalarne, but quite common in Westphalia, he named the type "fälische".

In any case, I hope that this has resolved the contradictions and errors that have surrounded the term "Fälish".

SOURCES

Günther, H. F. K. (1934) Rassenkunde des deutschen Volkes (Munich: J. F. Lehmann).

Günther, H. F. K. (1938) Kleine Rassenkunde des deutschen Volkes (Munich & Berlin: J. F. Lehmann).

Kern, F. (1927) Stammbaum und Artbild der Deutschen und ihrer Verwandten (Munich: J. F. Lehmann).

Paudler, F. (1924) Die hellfarbigen Rassen und ihre Sprachstämme, Kulturen und Urheimaten (Heidelberg: Carl Winter).

von Eickstedt, E. (1934) Rassenkunde und Rassengeschichte der Menschheit (Stuttgart: Ferdinand Enke).
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given