View Poll Results: Would you accept a blood transfusion?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 63.89%
  • No

15 20.83%
  • I don't know.

11 15.28%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would You Accept a Blood Transfusion?

Last Online
    Monday, December 11th, 2006 @ 03:51 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    I fear it's a potential threat to the integrity of one's being. There's much more to blood than rhesus-factor and the A/B/O categories.
    Surely, but what is in it that is potentially damaging?

As mentioned in this article, more than 150 serum proteins, 250 cellular enzymes, and many more antigens have been isolated to distinguish the blood of one individual from another. Given the divergent evolution human populations experienced, it seems likely that such chemical substances in blood differ at least in frequency between peoples. The thesis of racially differentiated blood is further supported by the fact that forensic investigators can estimate a person's racial background by a single drop of blood.

Source: http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/425/425lect13.htm

In other words, by testing the proteins and enzymes in the blood they arrive at an estimate of that person's racial heritage (since those proteins and enzymes are connected to genetics that are in turn connected to race).
    Surely, because every blood cell contains the complete DNA. It doesn't become a part of you, however. The plasma, proteins, enzymes, fluids, and cells will get replaced by your own rather quickly. In the meantime, they guarantee your survival.

In addition, negroid blood has a greater chance of being infected with, for example, AIDS.
    Granted. But it's not that blood wouldn't be tested for AIDS and other diseases before it is added to the blood-bank. While this is not always bullet-proof even with the best methods (e. g. new viruses and diseases which aren't tested for yet could develop), one doesn't accept blood transfusions for fun, but only when one's survival depends on them or if health consequences without such transfusions would be severe.

If there are any medical disadvantages of interracial blood transfusions compared to intraracial blood transfusions, then I'm not aware of them. This is very much a problem of the new, artificially created multiracial societies, for sure; in a national, folkish community it would be a non-issue.

However, if I should have a car accident while being on holidays in Japan and my life depends on a blood-transfusion of presumably East Asian sources, I'm not going to reject it either -- be it then there would be evidence that it is more detrimental to my health than death.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryggvi
    Surely, but what is in it that is potentially damaging? [...] every blood cell contains the complete DNA. It doesn't become a part of you, however.
    It's just that the idea of racially foreign DNA and blood flowing through my veins, through my vital organs and even my brains, disturbs me. Perhaps that is indeed irrational and perhaps there is indeed nothing or little to fear from a medical point of view, but it creeps me out nonetheless. I would feel I had sold out part of my folkish identity and biological heritage. I am not yet convinced that such a vital substance as blood can be replaced with a racially alien fluid without effect.

This is very much a problem of the new, artificially created multiracial societies, for sure; in a national, folkish community it would be a non-issue.
    Indeed.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 2nd, 2005 @ 08:12 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Mommy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Off the wall question - do muds even donate blood?

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 03:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryggvi
    This seems to be totally irrational.
    Maybe.

Which negative consequences should the blood of, say, a Negro or a Chinaman cause? Sources?
    The general ickyness and disgust I would feel is all the source I would ever need to maintain my position on the matter. I never said, or implied, that there were any medical justifications for my opinion.

In relation to a controversial thread at Skadi:
    I would most certainly save a black (or insert non-European type here) from drowning, but I wouldn't accept his/her blood as gratitude.

It's just that the idea of racially foreign DNA and blood flowing through my veins, through my vital organs and even my brains, disturbs me.
    You hit the nail on the head.

Perhaps that is indeed irrational and perhaps there is indeed nothing or little to fear from a medical point of view, but it creeps me out nonetheless.
    Exactly. I never said or implied that there were any medical reasons why it shouldn't be done. In fact, I never even said that it shouldn't be done at all, only that I wouldn't do it.

I would feel I had sold out part of my folkish identity and biological heritage. I am not yet convinced that such a vital substance as blood can be replaced with a racially alien fluid without effect.
    Neither am I, though I have no proof to support a claim otherwise, and thankfully, I have no plans on finding out from first hand experiance.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne14
    Off the wall question - do muds even donate blood?
    I'm quite sure most voluntary blood donations (the ones you don't get paid for) are made by Whites.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 03:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I'm quite sure most voluntary blood donations (the ones you don't get paid for) are made by Whites.
    I don't even think that they do "paid" blood donations anymore. The most common procedure in the U.S. is that you receive a few snacks to help compensate for the nourishment lost. Then you have a few options:

You can either choose to get some crappy t-shirt with that particular blood banks logo printed on it, or you can opt for the "Blood Coverage." The details of this particular option are as follows:

You choose up to four people in your family who will receive a monetary credit (usually around $500) in the event that they should need a transfusion(s). However, what most people probably do not realize is that the blood used in a blood transfusion is extremely costly. $500 would cover probably no more than a pint or two.

There is a third option which usually states that after [x] amount of donations, they will donate money which goes to a child with some sort of blood disease. They child will be sponsored and will go to this summer camp type of place for two weeks with fun and games. This gives the parents a much needed break as well as the child.

My wife used to work for a very large blood bank in the U.S. called The Blood Center. She has told me many times that it is nearly impossible to get blacks, or non-whites in general, to donate blood. This information is heartening.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I would accept a transfusion, but I would not donate blood except for a family member or if I knew where it was going.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I hope it never comes to that point... But luckily, most of my family members that I know of have the same blood type as me. My boyfriend as well.

hearthtender
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Yes. Not something I look forward to but better than dying. Getting organs would be more icky. They stay with you for the rest of your life.

I have donated whole blood, umbilical cord blood and breast milk. I have been told that it is not god for me to donate blood so I stopped several years ago. If my children needed it I would of course not hesitate to give them blood. My husband is a different type from me.

Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes, and I have. I'm pretty sure blood cells (red and white) are not reproductive. They are manufactured in the marrow of your bones. They die after 3 months of service, and are disposed of by the liver. I don't see how DNA of one blood cell could mingle with your own. So to me that would not be an issue. If it is a matter of life and death I could care less where it came from as long as it is not infected. I must live.

As far as consent goes, well, when you really need blood you are either in shock or unconscious. You can not be deemed of sound mind anyway. If your life is in danger then they will attempt to contact a family member before they go ahead and give you the transfusion. At least this was my own personal experience. In which case my father consented. It seems they are obliged to perform what ever it takes to keep you alive, unless you are what they call "brain" dead. Then they will want your organs.

Non whites giving their own life blood for the good of humanity? Sounds strange to say the least.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast