German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Concept Motorcycles

These are some of the latest concept bikes, debuting at the Tokyo Motor Show this year.

Yamaha

Entitled "Gen-Ryu" and packing a 600cc engine augmented by hybrid-electric motor, it can achieve 1000cc engine class performance.

Suzuki

Suzuki's 'Stratosphere' concept. Notice the large number of pipes at the front? They're coming out of an Inline-6 Cylinder engine. :

Honda

Honda's concept bike, the DN-01. I couldn't find any info other than it features a fully automatic transmission.

Harley-Davidson

The Harley-Davidson VRXSE Screamin' Eagle V-Rod Destroyer. Just looking at that bike rattles my undercarriage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaha.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	80293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suzuki.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	80294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	80295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hog.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	80296  

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2006 @ 07:23 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nazi
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nice bikes,to bad they had to ruin the pic's with you know what.
    To live is to fight.

To die is to give up.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 @ 08:27 PM
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    X-Rays & Uranium
    Religion
    I Exist.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hmmm... nice to see that the futuristic has landed firmly in bike-design as well. That top-most Yamaha, while not especially pleasing to my eye, shows a boldness I've been waiting for. Can't say much for the middle ones, as those represent what I call "tupperware-bikes", and I've never really been interested in them. The Harley. I loved the V-Rod, and it was clear HD was really trying to create something out of the ordinary, it was the "Cadillac of motorcycles" so to speak. The Destroyer wants to catch the wave the car industry has once again begun to ride; muscle. We'll see how long the trend lasts, as it will quite certainly come to an abrupt halt in the near future, but the time that passes between now and then will surely bring us some really raw, powerful and, best of all, beautiful machines.¨

Too bad concepts are nearly always watered down quite a lot before becoming a mass-produced model that meets all laws and regulations..

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well, I never went on a motorbike.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Last Online
    Friday, August 17th, 2007 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SURT
    I have to admit that I have a deep hatred of those Harley-Davidson riding "Hell's Angels" leather-wearing, pot bellied, handle-bar moustachioed prison-homosexuals. They really disgust me. They all think they are bulletproof, and try to intimidate people for no reason at any given opportunity. It embarrasses me that I have any genetic relationship with them at all!
    Wow. That's a bit harsh. I have never known any Hell's Angels to "try to intimidate people for no reason" and they are hardly homosexuals... Maybe they are A LOT different where you are.

My mother and father used to ride together and hang out with Hell's Angels in the 1970's and early 1980's. I have heard nothing but good things about those times. Of course, partying may have been a bit crazy back then because of the times but there is a mutual respect between people who are connoisseurs of the motorcycle.

My maternal grandfather belonged to one of the first motorcycle clubs established in California and he was a very respectable man. He was a highly intelligent engineer who worked for an aerospace company for more than 30 years and retired a well-respected man and in his retirement found more time to fiddle around in his garage with motorcycles.

I have two uncles who took after him with their love for motorcycles. One uncle was in a very horrible motor vehicle accident in which his calf was literally ripped off his leg because it was caught under the bumper of a van and he was dragged hundreds of feet before his muscles were ripped from the van's bumper. He was hospitalized for months and had rigorous physical therapy sessions before he could even sit in a wheelchair. He is alright these days but it definitely changed his outlook on riding and safety.

My other uncle bought a Harley a few years ago and is what they call a "weekend warrior". Saturday or Sunday riding sessions just for fun.
    I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking.

...that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.

...that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

...that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.

...in the complete freedom of thought and speech...

...in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.

...in the reality of progress.

I - But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply. I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie...to be free than to be a slave...to know than be ignorant.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Maybe in Australia they do things a bit differently?

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SURT
    They may be cheap to run, and exposed to Mother Nature. But you can't take your dog with you, you can't take children, etc, etc...

I have to admit that I have a deep hatred of those Harley-Davidson riding "Hell's Angels" leather-wearing, pot bellied, handle-bar moustachioed prison-homosexuals. They really disgust me. They all think they are bulletproof, and try to intimidate people for no reason at any given opportunity. It embarrasses me that I have any genetic relationship with them at all!
    LOL--those Harley guys (and gals!) are a breed apart, eh?

Well, I've actually never had any trouble with them and I generally regard them with an "each to their own" attitude.

There is a code amongst many riders that when you pass another motorcyclist riding in the opposite direction, you give them a wave and they to you in return. Occasionally, I'll pass a Harley dude going the other way and I of course, extend my arm and hand in salutaions only to have them give me the snub becaus I'm not riding a Harley. eyes: Whatever....

And no, I don't take my dog on my bike, lol. I'd have to get a sidecar for that.

http://www.bolante.com/Mack%20sidecar,%20a.JPG

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Here in the Netherlands, the Hell's Angels don't exactly have a good name and are supposedly deeply involved in crime, such as drug trafficking and extortion. Just a few days ago a hangout of theirs was raided and several 'Angels' were arrested. The Amsterdam chapter may be atypical of the Hell's Angels as a whole, though.

Last Online
    Friday, August 17th, 2007 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hell's Angels were typically viewed as a dangerous bunch because of what some of the clubs were involved in. The Hell's Angels initially started out as a group of war veterans riding for the fun and brotherhood. Some of these clubs became more rowdy and began criminal activity but that does not account for all of the clubs.
    I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking.

...that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.

...that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

...that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.

...in the complete freedom of thought and speech...

...in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.

...in the reality of progress.

I - But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply. I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie...to be free than to be a slave...to know than be ignorant.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalonord
    LOL--those Harley guys (and gals!) are a breed apart, eh?
    I'd gladly take this over a boring Harley anyday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast