View Poll Results: When does an ethnicity/ancestry become insignificant?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • It becomes insignificant at 1/4th ancestry or less

8 9.20%
  • It becomes insignificant at 1/8th ancestry or less

23 26.44%
  • It becomes insignificant at 1/16th ancestry or less

13 14.94%
  • It becomes insignificant at 1/32nd ancestry or less

14 16.09%
  • No percentage every becomes insignificant

16 18.39%
  • Other

13 14.94%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Significance of Ethnicity?

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    There are Italians, Finns and Russians who don't look Europid, but you can't make a blanket statement about the whole populations.
    How can you post these bad pictures that are not very detailed? It proves nothing. These people I guess to you are normal or appear that way to your eyes?

Svetlana Tsys’s look that you posted on the other hand.

Yes towards the East Russia is Asiatic and there are many Russians who look Mongoloid. However that's not true for all. The Germans didn't mix with these Eastern Russian tribes with slanty eyes because it would be obvious in their phenotypes. Svetlana Tsys was actually elected Miss Germany and she doesn't look foreign to Germany racially speaking. Osteuropid is an Europid and even German racial type. I'm against mixing with Slavs and other non-Germanics too, mind you plus I don't think we should "mate with" people with non-Europid phenotypes either no matter their nationality. I explained about it in that assimilation thread.
    Yes, Osteuropid types exist in Germany which Svetlana Tsys looks to have. I do not consider that a German phenotype that is typical.

It's not a lose word, but if you'd rather not give a definition, then why are you arguing in the first place? To argue you need to have an argument, which you're lacking now.
    You’re the one that asked me for a definition. What has this got to do with anything with lacking an argument? This logic baffles me unless this is your way of trying to make my posts appear irrelevant.

I was asking if you know any examples of 100 % unmixed people. You and SouthernBoy are preaching for a purity that only exists in your minds. And in fairy tales.
    I am not preaching anything if that seems like it to you. I do not like the idea of others admitting it’s OK to mingle with those of foreign admixture.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 02:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    I do not like the idea of others admitting it’s OK to mingle with those of foreign admixture.
    And this is the crux of the question. Very few people, if any at all, have zero foreign admixture. I suppose there is the rare villager whose ancestors were all Upper Paleolithic peoples and every single ancestor came from the same stock, but this would be an extraordinary case. Most Germanics will have at least a slight amount of foreign admixture if one looks back far enough. The problem is that most people are either unable or unwilling to do the work and carry their genealogy back to the Middle Ages. It's quite easy to proclaim a 'one drop' perspective if one is only counting the last dozen generations.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    How can you post these bad pictures that are not very detailed? It proves nothing. These people I guess to you are normal or appear that way to your eyes?
    Yes, they appear normal to me, i.e. they are European Europids. You can google more pictures of them if you need to see other angles.

Svetlana Tsys’s look that you posted on the other hand.

Yes, Osteuropid types exist in Germany which Svetlana Tsys looks to have. I do not consider that a German phenotype that is typical.
    It isn't "typical" but it is German. Mediterranid phenotypes are in Germany too, as as Dinarids, although they are not typical.
    My phenotype, black hair, very pale skin and blue eyes, the Atlantid phenotype isn't typical in Germany either. Are you going to tell me now that I am not German? I have my ancestry traced for hundreds of years, and there is not a non-German in sight.

You’re the one that asked me for a definition. What has this got to do with anything with lacking an argument? This logic baffles me unless this is your way of trying to make my posts appear irrelevant.
    I asked you because you keep going about "mixed" people, people whose small ancestry I consider insignificant. You argue it's not so. So you must prove it. Who and what is Germanic then? How much percentage of non-Germanic mixture is allowed for someone to be considered Germanic? 0 %? 1 %? 5 %? Or what?

I am not preaching anything if that seems like it to you. I do not like the idea of others admitting it’s OK to mingle with those of foreign admixture.
    One last time: who doesn't have foreign admixture? What percentage of non-German ancestry must a German have in order to be considered "mixed"? Is a German with a Slavic or Italic ancestor from 1000 years ago "mixed"?

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    And this is the crux of the question. Very few people, if any at all, have zero foreign admixture. I suppose there is the rare villager whose ancestors were all Upper Paleolithic peoples and every single ancestor came from the same stock, but this would be an extraordinary case. Most Germanics will have at least a slight amount of foreign admixture if one looks back far enough. The problem is that most people are either unable or unwilling to do the work and carry their genealogy back to the Middle Ages. It's quite easy to proclaim a 'one drop' perspective if one is only counting the last dozen generations.
    You don't even have to go back the middle ages, the boundaries in central Europe were constantly shifting, and did not fully coalesce into nation-states until the 20th century. Even in the British Isles and southern Europe there were constant invasions going on up until the middle ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I can trace my family-line many centuries back, and the only "Non German"-blood in my line is from a Swedish male (possibly a soldier) who begot a child with one of my great-great-great.....-mothers during Thirty Years' War.

So for those who take it very accurately I´m 1/256(?) Swedish or something like that. *g*
    And that's just the one we know about. Not you specifically, but with all the wars in Europe, surely there were many children resulting from such couplings, the fathers of many of them even being unknown or concealed. The children resulting from purposeful policies of the 3rd reich are the most famous example, but surely many children resulted from such.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    1/8 certainly has the potential to be visible, and sometimes it is, sometime it isn't. One's phenotype is purely the luck of the draw, and classification only works on a case-by-case basis. Even in a specific family, it's not uncommon to have a Nordid child, while a later sibling is an Alpinid, etc.
    Classifications can be troublesome. Nothing is concrete. It only gives you an idea.

I would disagree with that; there doesn't seem to be a great deal of distinction between Keltic-Nordids, Bruenns, and Alpinids who hail from both the same nation and ethnic groups. That merely has to do with physical appearance. Differences in mentality and physical abilities are more on an ethnic and meta-ethnic level (Latins are characterized as being over-emotional, Celts for temper and a love of freedom, etc.).
    There is no such thing as a 100% pure Bruenn or Keltic-Nordid. It's only more and less of something. Of course, you could be seeing overlaps.

You believe that they're not different? I sure do not believe it.

The system of racial classification on Skadi does include Nordid Sicilians. Nordids can be found in any ethnic group, as can Alpinids, Dinarids, Atlantids, etc. We're not speaking in terms of the regional or ethnic sense of what constitutes a Nordic, but rather a category of phenotype.
    I said before some types can look like other types but not really be that. I'm very skeptical of a Nordid Sicilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Very few people do. The point I’m making is that willingly to do it shouldn’t be done.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    75%German-25%Polish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Varied
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd have to say culturally it depends on what it means to the individual herself. Genetically I think it may mean more than some members feel. These are three German footballers, who I have researched. I have looked for any references to any foreign backgrounds, and so far I haven't found any. Therefore these Germans exhibit physical traits from "foreign" influences that very well may go as far back as a great grandparent or further. We each have 256 great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents. If four of them were foreign and come from different branches of the family tree, could they finally culminate in the production of a more or less genetically foreign individual? I don't know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gerd Müller.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	100384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stielike.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	100385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ballack.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	100386  

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    It isn't "typical" but it is German. Mediterranid phenotypes are in Germany too, as as Dinarids, although they are not typical.
    My phenotype, black hair, very pale skin and blue eyes, the Atlantid phenotype isn't typical in Germany either. Are you going to tell me now that I am not German? I have my ancestry traced for hundreds of years, and there is not a non-German in sight.
    Many Germans have Mediterranid and Dinarid influence. I consider it typical. There's nothing non-German about it. That's what they are. I think some try to down play it. The main base is Dalofaelid/Borreby I would say.

I asked you because you keep going about "mixed" people, people whose small ancestry I consider insignificant. You argue it's not so. So you must prove it. Who and what is Germanic then? How much percentage of non-Germanic mixture is allowed for someone to be considered Germanic? 0 %? 1 %? 5 %? Or what?
    Those who have assimilated in the wider sense, yes. Some are more. Some are less in my opinion. Some things shouldn't be disregarded for the sake of it.

One last time: who doesn't have foreign admixture? What percentage of non-German ancestry must a German have in order to be considered "mixed"? Is a German with a Slavic or Italic ancestor from 1000 years ago "mixed"?
    That's 50 generations at the most or 1/(2^50). That is insignificant. Today is different than the past. There's too much degeneration at present and alteration to the original Europid type. This should be preserved. Populations are changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I'd have to say culturally it depends on what it means to the individual herself. Genetically I think it may mean more than some members feel. These are three German footballers, who I have researched. I have looked for any references to any foreign backgrounds, and so far I haven't found any. Therefore these Germans exhibit physical traits from "foreign" influences that very well may go as far back as a great grandparent or further. We each have 256 great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents. If four of them were foreign and come from different branches of the family tree, could they finally culminate in the production of a more or less genetically foreign individual? I don't know.
    What looks foreign to you other than pigmentation? From those pictures very small and hard to see they could fit in Germany. Michael Ballack looks Dalofaelid with maybe some other influence?

Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    75%German-25%Polish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Varied
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What looks foreign to you other than pigmentation? From those pictures very small and hard to see they could fit in Germany. Michael Ballack looks Dalofaelid with maybe some other influence?
    I couldn't find better pictures. It is mostly the pigmentation in the case of the first two, but it's also something I can't put my finger on. People disagreed with me for years when I told them that Felix Magath didn't look German. Then in 2000 he tells the world that his father was a Puerto Rican US Serviceman. So I'm still curious if there's not more to know about Müller and Stielike.

With Ballack it also is the eye area. I don't know if it's simple schlupflider (which isn't that rare among Germans) or if it is more of a foreign look. Can any Germans tell me if Ballack's eyes would fall into the schlupflider category or would you classify it as something else? And if it is schlupflider, is schlupflider just a genetic mutation or variation or was that phenomenon brought into the mix by a particular group of Germany's ancestors?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    With Ballack it also is the eye area. I don't know if it's simple schlupflider (which isn't that rare among Germans) or if it is more of a foreign look. Can any Germans tell me if Ballack's eyes would fall into the schlupflider category or would you classify it as something else? And if it is schlupflider, is schlupflider just a genetic mutation or variation or was that phenomenon brought into the mix by a particular group of Germany's ancestors?
    Schlupfilder are common in Germans and other Northerners. It's likely an adaptation to Northern climate.

Oliver Kahn

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 07:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norway (P) + Scotland (PM) + Austria (MP + MM) + Swabia (MP) + Prussia (MM)
    Subrace
    Nordid-Atlantid and Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    AGNOS/Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've seen a lot of Italians and if a child of mine married one I would consider it miscegnation.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast