View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of same sex marriages?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm opposed to same-sex marriage.

94 58.39%
  • I'm in favor of civil unions for homosexuals but not marriage.

29 18.01%
  • I believe same-sex marriage should be legal.

27 16.77%
  • No opinion.

11 6.83%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Same Sex Marriage Be Legal?

Last Online
    Monday, March 26th, 2018 @ 11:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    English, Swedish, Scottish, Irish, German, Welsh
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Beyond left and right
    Religion
    Odin/Thor/Freyr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pino View Post
    Does this fine example of a homosexual look like hes in a stable mental condition?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
    I would not accept him as a Skinhead, but mental stability is not a criterion for that.

More seriously: on child custody, there was a case where a judge gave custody of a child to a psychotic heterosexual woman instead of her stable gay former husband. That did not seem right.

On gay marriage, there was a case where a gay man's boyfriend died and left him his house. Since the state did not recognize their relationship, the deceased's family came in and took over the house they shared, changed the locks, and even kept their dog. Since the state did not recognize the gay men's relationship, the family were able to get away with it. That did not seem right.
    The sitters in the hall seldom know
    The kin of the new-comer:
    The best man is marred by faults,
    The worst is not without worth.
    -- The Havamal, #133 (trans. Auden and Taylor)

Last Online
    Monday, July 23rd, 2012 @ 03:54 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Cornu-Norman
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Kent Kent
    Scion
    Occupation
    Undertaker
    Politics
    Aeonic
    Religion
    Thanatologist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I assume (sic) the stance that same-sex marriage is fine as long as it doth not lead to adoption, for the same kinds of reasons as previously expressed. The debate as to whether homosexuality is natural is something that generally seems to come down to "gut feeling" more so than any real evidence, and is rather redundant in regards to this thread, as marriage itself is merely a social institution and thus positively "unnatural". Animals only get married if we make them. Oh, and as for the idea postulated of animals not being in possession of "spirituality" or "souls", well...this is an Odinic forum, is it not? Personally, as an Odinist, I find said view somewhat egregious in regard to mine own beliefs 'pon the matter. However, once more, this is something that comes down to personal spiritual experience, et ergo to those of a more skeptical bent, just another "gut feeling".

Secondly, concerning the word "natural" itself, methinks some of ye art misinterpreting the word. This is what it doth mean, and as such, any question of homosexuality being "unnatural", within this thread's confines if not others, seemeth to be more a question concerning the moral ambiguity concerning whether the deviance that is homosexuality is acceptable, seeing as we already hath ample evidence of its existence in nature.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    More seriously: on child custody, there was a case where a judge gave custody of a child to a psychotic heterosexual woman instead of her stable gay former husband. That did not seem right.
    That's standard procedure in today's court system, regardless of the sexuality of the father, the children are generally awarded to the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    On gay marriage, there was a case where a gay man's boyfriend died and left him his house. Since the state did not recognize their relationship, the deceased's family came in and took over the house they shared, changed the locks, and even kept their dog. Since the state did not recognize the gay men's relationship, the family were able to get away with it. That did not seem right.
    If he 'left him' the house, as in a will, that would not have happened. You can leave your house to your gay lover, dog, charitable foundation, random person you met on the street, anyone.

The guy must not have had a will (ie, not 'left' the house or anything else to anyone), in which case the property goes to the nearest blood relative(s) if there is no spouse. If this is the case, it is his own fault for being an idiot and not having a will. Unless you are talking about some cases from the early 20th century when having a gay lover was considered a sign of 'mental illness' and therefore rendering one 'unfit to make a will', but these have long since been overturned since the 1950s or so, a half century before any such thing as 'gay marriage' was even considered.

Most/all states require you to leave at least 1/3-1/2 of your belongings to your spouse even to the point of disregarding your will, but you can cut out blood relatives as much as you please and leave your house, dog, whatever to anyone you want, including gay lovers.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking King View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe in a soul or spirit. So our argument ends here - on the dividing line between logic and superstition.
    Soul and spirit are symbols for your character, e.g. the sense of justice, the sense of honor. It is race from within.
    Like e.g. sadists, their actions might be not always harmful, e.g. when they kill the enemy - it is not important whether they find fun in it or not - but when confronted with these people, you have to ask if such a character would fit in our society, and if he would be able to create culture fitting for our race, even if his deeds are not the crux.

What's your opinion on the mentally ill, might I ask?
    I would give them in the hands of those who gave birth to them, and at least give them legal bless to end their misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Usually wisdom comes with age, but for those who it doesn't, they can afford to live with the consequences of their acts.
    The question is whether these consequences might affect more than just them, namely the whole group.

Quote Originally Posted by Renwein View Post
    The best part (ie, the reason we became great) of euro. culture came from greece/rome (rather than christianity), where homosexuality was practiced, and it didn't harm the survival of those people (they eventually fell for different reasons).
    Not just homosexuality pederasty. And What were these reasons?

Anyway, there is still a difference whether to look at homosexuality as something to be punished, or just not give such unions the recognition of the state, which should have no interest in such relations to begin with.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Monday, March 8th, 2010 @ 12:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Kansas Kansas
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    disabled
    Politics
    Pro White
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If you give them (gays) an inch they'll take a mile.
    " Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." -Robert E.Lee

Last Online
    Friday, April 6th, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Flanders
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    East Flanders East Flanders
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National-Conservatism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Do you know what inability means? Capacity. You are either able to do something or you aren't, it's not a choice. Homosexual individuals are able to have children, they just choose not to because they don't want heterosexual relationships, thus your criterium doesn't apply to them. The only people who are inable to have children are those who are infertile. Wat would you call bisexuality? Bisexuals sometimes have children, but still engage in relationship with both sexes. Is that a mental disorder? Should bisexuals be allowed to marry both sexes?
    What are you talking about? Inability is capacity? Are you a marxist? Of course it's not a choice, do you think homos choose to be homo? Damn, then they really must be sick. They can't have children if they act accordingly to their mental disorder. Point. And bisexuals can only have children when they act accordingly to a normal non-deviant sexual relationship. You are thinking in a circle and want to drag me in it. It won't work.

Source? And what's your point with this? That having odds of instability = mental disorder?
    I'll post it here tonight, I have to ask a friend. He has stats.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    It's not a choice, but you argued that it should let be because it's part of life, you said nothing about choice. Do you have a point with all this, because I don't see it.
    Oh, I think you see it you just won't admit it. I said nothing about choice until you brought up rapists and murders, and I said to rape and murder is a choice. Not a cycle of life.

You were making an argument against homosexual marriage which also applies to any other kind of marriage. Now you are switching your argument again. So you're saying heterosexual marriage should be allowed because it's legal? Interracial marriage is legal too. Status quo can be tricky.
    I highlighted the strange question there..? To answer that, yes most things are allowed when they are legal. I don't feel I have switched my arguments at all. Yes, interracial marriage is legal, but it shouldn't be.

I said marriage and adoption are two different things. What's so difficult to understand?
    Its not difficult. But when 2 gays are trying to adopt it becomes one twirled mass of a mess!

As I said, I agree.
    Then we can't say we never agreed on anything, right..?

What does fault have to do with anything? It's not the immigrant child's fault that he was born in a white country, does that mean he should get the same benefits as a white child? I'd say not, sometimes the innocent have to suffer too, it's not a rosy world.
    A child being left behind from his parents, who could still be adopted and raised with love who would probably turn into a good nurturing individual and a immigrant born in a white country is not the same thing. The immigrant has parents.

And I said disallowing gay marriage won't reduce the number of gays. Your point?
    They shouldn't marry.

Not always. I know children of single parents who get mocked at school. I know children of single parents who don't. Sometimes children of gays will be teased, sometimes not. Remember something, in some kindergartens children are being taught that homosexuality is a natural thing. But then again, this wouldn't be a problem if adoption is disallowed as I suggested.
    I don't get your comparison there..?
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Last Online
    Sunday, May 17th, 2009 @ 02:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norse-Irish
    Ancestry
    Norway, Ireland, Scotland, France
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid + Bruenn
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Taoist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Soul and spirit are symbols for your character, e.g. the sense of justice, the sense of honor. It is race from within.
    No, you're wrong. The frontal lobes of the brain govern morality, inhibition, and self-control.

Maybe you check this book out; it's quite informing and explains a lot about human morality, and the causes of psychopathy:
    http://www.amazon.com/Executive-Brai.../dp/0195156307

I would give them in the hands of those who gave birth to them, and at least give them legal bless to end their misery.
    I suffer from bipolar disorder. Do you think my parents should have euthanized me as child?

Anyway, there is still a difference whether to look at homosexuality as something to be punished, or just not give such unions the recognition of the state, which should have no interest in such relations to begin with.
    Exactly, leave the state out of it, and let people get on with their lives.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    No, you're wrong. The frontal lobes of the brain govern morality, inhibition, and self-control.
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but symbolism is symbolism, the causes are not the point here, it may very well be the frontal lobes, so what? As I said race from within, not the outer appearance.

I suffer from bipolar disorder. Do you think my parents should have euthanized me as child?
    I am not familiar with this illness, but if you can live self-determined, then I think your parents would have been reasonable in letting you live.

Exactly, leave the state out of it, and let people get on with their lives.
    This discussion is about state recognition, and so you agree it should be illegal (as in not recognized)?
    That alone wouldn't prevent them, as Renwein said, from "sticking rings on their fingers and cuddle".

Personally, I would go even further to control homosexuality, but this is another topic (which I also referenced).
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Thursday, July 9th, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Married parent
    Politics
    Preparing For Meltdown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Homosexuality as a Disease

Homosexuality was considered a mental disorder until the 1974 (in this country at least). What groundbreaking medical discovery or event led to it no longer being classified as such, and reclassified as completely normal behavior?

A vote of the board of directors of the American Psychiatric Association. That's right, a vote. Of privately-appointed "experts" representing a board of business interests in a particular field.

That's it. That should be kept in mind when considering issues like these. Do you agree that laws (which are the inevitable result of such events) should be based upon the votes of a few unelected professionals who aren't in any way beholden to the public? That's the real question. Now we have a new term, "homophobic," which has been created as a new mental condition!

What happens when in say, 2014, the board of directors at the American Psychiatric Association decide that pedophelia is no longer a mental disorder, but perfectly acceptable since people throughout history have lived fulfilling lives as pedophiles and our traditional morality code is simply archaic? Maybe then we'll have a new word: "pedaphobic." Maybe we'll determine that statutory rape laws are "hateful."

Think, people, think. Use some analytical skills they no longer teach in school. The acceptance of homosexuality degenerates our society in myriad ways. Think not about today, but 50 years from now. Do I like the idea of everyone doing whatever they want in peace and harmony, afforded the same rights and opportunities? Yes. Do I for one minute imagine such is possible, and wish to mortgage the future of my nation, people, or culture to live in such a fantasy world? NO.