View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of same sex marriages?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm opposed to same-sex marriage.

94 58.39%
  • I'm in favor of civil unions for homosexuals but not marriage.

29 18.01%
  • I believe same-sex marriage should be legal.

27 16.77%
  • No opinion.

11 6.83%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Same Sex Marriage Be Legal?

Last Online
    Saturday, November 27th, 2010 @ 01:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Platonic love
    Occupation
    Proud Farmer
    Politics
    Odalist - Nationalist
    Religion
    Odalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrioten View Post
    Normal people should not have to be exposed to these abnormal people or their actions, my kids if I have any, should not have to be exposed to them, it's as simple as that, just as we shouldn't have to be exposed to other sexual deviants. Stay in the clauset, I don't want to know who is gay or what they are up to (if it's criminal they should of course be dealt with) but keep the damn door closed.
    Which is the reason I recommend separate communities. The root cause of this disorder (genetic or mental) is most likely inborn and I think its impossible to force people to stay in the closet post-modern, traditional culture and religion made sure of keeping people born with (tendencies towards) such disorder in order hundreds of years ago but that barrier has been broken now and we can't go back. How are heteros going to force people who have been openly homosexual and fighting for their "rights" for decades back into the closet? This would create a conflict resulting in a holocaust of homosexuals and I (can only speak for myself) personally don't want that. We will have to clean the mess of modernity and find consensus and best functional, pragmatic order out of whats left. I suggest parallelism.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking King View Post
    By the way, I also agree with Dr. Who's hypothetical solution. But that kind of territorialization happens naturally with humans, the last thing I want to see is the government segregating homosexuals and other minorities into Ghettos. It's only the artificial multi-culturalization of a society by the government and media that results in antagonizing groups mixing with each other. I say live and let live

"Many conservatives, wanting their kids to grow up with clear ideals, are not fond of homosexuality. They also cite some social problems with homosexuality, like its increased correlation with pedophilia, coprophagia, promiscuity, AIDS, et al. I don't deny any of this. All I say is that we need places for homosexuals to be homosexuals, and for conservatives to be conservatives, and it ain't gonna be the same places. No 1 rule for all groups or places, right?

If we talk in terms of rights, homosexuals have the right to be homosexuals... that makes sense. Live and let them live.

But by the same token, and here's where get in trouble with absolutes (univeralism, 1 rule for all people) like "rights" --

If we talk in terms of rights, conservatives also have the right to be conservatives... which does not include homosexuals. Live and let live, separately."

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 17th, 2021 @ 11:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    No, I don't want to make it their preference. I can not change ones preference and from where I sit now I can nor can not change any laws. But, I back up the same sex marriage being illegal in my state.
    And I back up the same sex marriage being legal in my country.

By legalizing it all it is doing is saying " its ok " I don't believe its ok. All it is doing is corrupting the traditional family. It should be ok for one to want to stand up for traditional family values. If it was offered to the U.S. more it would be beneficial. What is not beneficial is allowing gay marriage, polygamy, etc...which in all gives the same ideas as interracial relationships, that all these screwed up ideas some what to live by, is not right, nor acceptable. ( by it being illegal )
    You're going in circles and repeating the same things, traditional blah blah. I told you traditional =/= good. Traditionally, women weren't allowed to vote. Women's voting is a modern, recent phenomenon. I suppose it should be ok to you to support exclusively male voting just because it's traditional?

Marriage does not create children but the divorce or separation can and do destroy some children.
    I'm not sure what your point is here. Homosexual marriage doesn't result in children, so if they divorce or separate they won't hurt any child.

Homosexual marriage can harm procreation by them adopting children together. I haven't changed any argument. FYI, it wasn't my only argument against it.
    I'm sorry, do you have a problem reading? I said very loud and clear, I am against adoption of any kind, so this wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

So, you think you give them their way and they are going to turn into greatful productive people..?
    Yes.

Thats a lame excuse for one to better themselves or fight for their country. It is also a bad excuse because my country pisses me off daily, but I still defend it.
    Really? Would you still defend the status quo if it imposed interracial marriage as the only form of acceptable marriage?

Life isn't rosy...remember..? They can suck it up and get over not getting their way, just like the rest of us.
    That's a mindless sheeple mentality and why we are in such a shit situation today. Because people suck it up to the government instead of challenging it. If nobody tries to change the status quo, it won't get any better than this.

Last Online
    Sunday, May 17th, 2009 @ 02:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norse-Irish
    Ancestry
    Norway, Ireland, Scotland, France
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid + Bruenn
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Taoist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "Many conservatives, wanting their kids to grow up with clear ideals, are not fond of homosexuality. They also cite some social problems with homosexuality, like its increased correlation with pedophilia, coprophagia, promiscuity, AIDS, et al. I don't deny any of this. All I say is that we need places for homosexuals to be homosexuals, and for conservatives to be conservatives, and it ain't gonna be the same places. No 1 rule for all groups or places, right?
    Coprophagia (eating feces) only occurs in a very very small amount of homosexual relationships or sexual encounters. Pedophilia occurs mostly in heteroesexual men, homosexual pedophilia is a lot rarer. It's important to distinguish the two.

If we talk in terms of rights, homosexuals have the right to be homosexuals... that makes sense. Live and let them live.

But by the same token, and here's where get in trouble with absolutes (univeralism, 1 rule for all people) like "rights" --

If we talk in terms of rights, conservatives also have the right to be conservatives... which does not include homosexuals. Live and let live, separately."
    If you watch the news - gay sex scandals involve mostly US Republicans, so you'll see there are plenty of conservative homosexuals out there.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    And I back up the same sex marriage being legal in my country.
    Yes, I understand you do. Question for ya..how is same sex marriage viewed by most in your country..?

You're going in circles and repeating the same things, traditional blah blah. I told you traditional =/= good. Traditionally, women weren't allowed to vote. Women's voting is a modern, recent phenomenon. I suppose it should be ok to you to support exclusively male voting just because it's traditional?
    Women not voting was not a tradition. Or, thats not a tradition to me. Tradition to me is a mother should be a mother, not some fagot. Tradition to me is more set around a family. What use to be or what one wants to be ( fagots marrying fagots ) doesn't interest me.

I'm not sure what your point is here. Homosexual marriage doesn't result in children, so if they divorce or separate they won't hurt any child.
    I'm not sure why you keep insisting homosexual marriage doesn't result in children.
    There were an estimated 300,000 to 500,000 gay and lesbian biological parents in 1976.
    In 1990, an estimated 6 to 14 million children have a gay or lesbian parent.
    Between 8 and 10 million children are being raised in a gay and lesbian households.
    Latest statistics from the U.S. Census 2000, the National Survey of Family Growth (2002), and the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (2004) include:

An estimated two million GLB people are interested in adopting.
    An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent.
    More than 16,000 adopted children are living with lesbian and gay parents in California, the highest number among the states.
    Gay and lesbian parents are raising four percent of all adopted children in the United States.
    Adopted children with same-sex parents are younger and more likely to be foreign born.http://adoption.about.com/od/gaylesb...gayparents.htm
    I'm sorry, do you have a problem reading? I said very loud and clear, I am against adoption of any kind, so this wouldn't be a problem to begin with.
    I am sorry to say but for you to suggest same sex marriage as acceptable but adoption is not...is very out there to me.

Really? Would you still defend the status quo if it imposed interracial marriage as the only form of acceptable marriage?
    Thats a ridiculous statement.

That's a mindless sheeple mentality and why we are in such a shit situation today. Because people suck it up to the government instead of challenging it. If nobody tries to change the status quo, it won't get any better than this
    Well, I was speaking more on a " life " kinda spectrum not the government. Sure, many laws are flawed and even though I may break some I would agree that most are in existence for a reason, and a good one at that.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    [Yes, I understand you do. Question for ya..how is same sex marriage viewed by most in your country..?
    I don't know, I haven't surveyed the entire country about it. The attitudes towards homosexuality are becoming more open, I guess. There are also homosexuals who hold political positions. Anyway, I don't care how it's viewed. I'm not a democrat.

Women not voting was not a tradition. Or, thats not a tradition to me. Tradition to me is a mother should be a mother, not some fagot. Tradition to me is more set around a family. What use to be or what one wants to be ( fagots marrying fagots ) doesn't interest me.
    Yes it was.
    tradition

1. A mode of thought or behavior followed by a people continuously from generation to generation; a custom or usage.
    2. A set of such customs and usages viewed as a coherent body of precedents influencing the present: followed family tradition in dress and manners. See synonyms at heritage.
    From generation to generation, women were disallowed from voting. Again, because of the illogical and paranoid Christian customs. The same customs that outlawed polygamy and homosexuality.

I'm not sure why you keep insisting homosexual marriage doesn't result in children.
    You're quoting from an adoption site. Which part of I am against adoption don't you understand? If I had the say to change laws about marriage and family, I certainly would also have it to change laws about adoption. I would disallow it and it wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

I am sorry to say but for you to suggest same sex marriage as acceptable but adoption is not...is very out there to me.
    What's so hard to understand? I oppose all adoption, including by heterosexual parents. I already explained why. Preservation is the passing on of blood, an adopted child is an alien, especially if you don't know who its parents are = what its ethnicity is.

Thats a ridiculous statement.
    t's a question, not a statement, and it was meant to make you sit and think that status quo isn't always a good thing. But by now I should know betetr that you're not interested in logical thinking just in emotion.

Well, I was speaking more on a " life " kinda spectrum not the government. Sure, many laws are flawed and even though I may break some I would agree that most are in existence for a reason, and a good one at that.
    The government is part of a country's life, and, laws are in existence to impose an ideology onto the masses, the problem is, it is the wrong kind of ideology. The current laws allow for a Germanic to marry a racial alien while they don't allow him to marry another Germanic of the same sex or two Germanics at the same time. The current laws don't allow death penalty in my country. The current laws criminalize "politically incorrect" speech. The current laws allow racial aliens to come into the country like hordes. The current laws make us pay millions of reparation to a people who constantly exploit us. I don't think they're there for a good reason, they're there for emotional, illogical ones.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking King View Post
    If you watch the news - gay sex scandals involve mostly US Republicans, so you'll see there are plenty of conservative homosexuals out there.
    Well, yes, if you watch the 'news'. Mostly gay & lesbian politicians are left wing, but the media never mentions this because this would 'intrude into their private life', such as when the gay lover of the Congressman largely responsible for the recent financial crisis (Barney Frank) ran a prostitute ring out of his DC apartment.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTheVistula View Post
    Well, yes, if you watch the 'news'. Mostly gay & lesbian politicians are left wing, but the media never mentions this because this would 'intrude into their private life', such as when the gay lover of the Congressman largely responsible for the recent financial crisis (Barney Frank) ran a prostitute ring out of his DC apartment.
    But why are they left wing? Because the left is the one that support gay rights. The right wing opposes them, so they oppose the right wing, which is a pity because gays don't belong into the same category with racial minorities. Germanic gays could turn into assets to Germanic society. If the right was smarter, it'd gain the votes of gay Germanics too.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    But why are they left wing? Because the left is the one that support gay rights. The right wing opposes them, so they oppose the right wing, which is a pity because gays don't belong into the same category with racial minorities. Germanic gays could turn into assets to Germanic society. If the right was smarter, it'd gain the votes of gay Germanics too.
    If you mean the nationalist right, that's a rather difficult pairing, as the nationalist right tends to promote traditional families for the purpose of having more children. There have been some exceptions such as Pim Fortuyn and Ernst Rhoem.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Friday, November 27th, 2009 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Helicopter Mechanic
    Politics
    Conservative/ Less Government
    Religion
    Soul Searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe the issue to be vile and disgusting. Homosexuality is a perverse mental disorder and they need professional help. What adds to this mental disorder is their willingness to give up their freedoms so quickly. Becareful what you wish for!! I do not think it is the role of governments to regulate this issue. Although in the end no matter what laws are passed I will NEVER accept "them" as normal just a strain on life.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 27th, 2020 @ 10:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    We do not want their support, they are not compatible with the kind of society we want to see. It would be similar to communists wanting to attract the support from capitalists, they simply do not go together, the two are mutually exclusive and counter to each other's idea of how a society should function. Just as we do not seek the support from pedophiles, individuals who engage in beastiality or some other group of deviants, criminal or not, we do not want the support from homosexuals.