Politics
    I'm Elite
    Religion
    Jesus isn't
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When I was younger and first discovering the joys of the opposite sex my mum used to always tell me not to 'chase' after boys. She always seemed to believe that they should ring me, or ask me out and that if I was 'chasing' them it was a loss of my dignity. Don't go getting the wrong idea, I didn't spend a lot of time running around after boys but my mum's beliefs on this have rubbed off on me. With so many other aspects now being shared between men and women (house work and careers for example) I like the idea that in relationships the man can still lead the way. When the time comes I hope that my man will be the one getting down on one knee!
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

- Bilbo Baggins

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its funny......but i could never tell the "ones" that had eye's for me

until they did something to get my attention maybe im just blind

but one thing a "girl friend" told me was i put some girls off because i looked at them with wolves eye's........my Aura was to Powerful
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator X View Post

The whole thing turns me on to no end really. Not to mention it takes all the pressure off me. <woooo!>
    You can say that again! ( "<Woooo!>" )

Quote Originally Posted by Alfadir View Post
    No need to be rude, I dont try to be that masculine. Im the most kind person in the world, but I wont let a woman decide for me and be the boss.
    Don't worry Alfadir, the Mucho mucho macho men are the ones who run like chickens when real courage is needed... It is amazing to see what people protected by thousands of miles of dictance and anonimity will say.

Last Online
    Monday, November 17th, 2008 @ 08:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    very mixed northern european... and american
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Currently dating
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Nonpartisan
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As a woman who usually (OK almost always) makes the first move I guess I'd have to say, yes, I am totally OK with it. I think that as long as you are polite, honest, and clear in expression your intentions then its all good, no matter what gender you are. I have to say though, the reason I made the first move in all 3 cases was because I knew I would have to wait forever for anything to happen otherwise.

In the US, where I live, I swear men are losing their manliness by the minute. Its tragic. It seems like either men are complete womanizers who just want to get laid and don't care about women, OR they are so afraid or something that they just never will make a move unless the woman does first although they are often quite caring and trustworthy once you get to know them. My brother and my father are exceptions to this rule, and I don't want to make this a generalization, but I really do see this everywhere.

As to the issue of proposing for marriage, well... That's a bit tricky. If I wanted to marry a man I would just ask him to marry me, simple as that. But I would make fun of him for the rest of our married lives because I had to do his job.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 7th, 2012 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Occupation
    Music Store
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post

As to the issue of proposing for marriage, well... That's a bit tricky. If I wanted to marry a man I would just ask him to marry me, simple as that. But I would make fun of him for the rest of our married lives because I had to do his job.

...Small price to pay for something that will make my life so much easier

But Seriously, I really like this whole idea of women courting men. It surely does seem to be a much more common thing today. I have seen it a lot myself.

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 05:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    In the US, where I live, I swear men are losing their manliness by the minute. Its tragic. It seems like either men are complete womanizers who just want to get laid and don't care about women, OR they are so afraid or something that they just never will make a move unless the woman does first although they are often quite caring and trustworthy once you get to know them.
    You're absolutely right, but it's these womanizers, these sex starved maniacs that ruin things for the rest of us, both men and women. Those hedonists makes me mad! It's simply totally unbelievable to walk up to a woman and start a conversation with her this century, at least over here it is. She'll immediately think 'more' of it, as in: Here we go again. Be it in real life of in cyber space.

Now, which decent, honest bloke would like to be categorised as a guy with a hidden, purely sexual agenda? No wonder most of these men eventually give up talking to unknown women, or never start.

I would never, never, never talk to a girl that I don't know, unless I had to - for all practical matters only - and even when I do that I just can see their facial expression: 'Oh no, not again... what does he want from me?'. And then they're just surprised because you asked the direction to the railway station.

I'm not bitter though, my girlfriend selected me, but from that moment on I took over the initiative.
    "If we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” ― Douglas Coupland, Shampoo Planet

Last Online
    Monday, November 17th, 2008 @ 08:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    very mixed northern european... and american
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Currently dating
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Nonpartisan
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    You're absolutely right, but it's these womanizers, these sex starved maniacs that ruin things for the rest of us, both men and women. Those hedonists makes me mad! It's simply totally unbelievable to walk up to a woman and start a conversation with her this century, at least over here it is. She'll immediately think 'more' of it, as in: Here we go again. Be it in real life of in cyber space.

Now, which decent, honest bloke would like to be categorised as a guy with a hidden, purely sexual agenda? No wonder most of these men eventually give up talking to unknown women, or never start.

I would never, never, never talk to a girl that I don't know, unless I had to - for all practical matters only - and even when I do that I just can see their facial expression: 'Oh no, not again... what does he want from me?'. And then they're just surprised because you asked the direction to the railway station.
    I see where you are coming from with that. It makes sense, and it is a great pity. Just like how the women who flirt meaninglessly and use their looks or even their bodies to get what they want from a man (totally immoral in my opinion!) give the rest of us a bad name. (I'm referring here to the kind of flirting that promises something but never delivers... just wanted to clarify that.) I actually think prostitution is a fairer transaction, because everyone involved in on the same page, its money for sex and that's that. Not that I am saying that I'm about to rush off to work the corner or anything, just that, it seems like a lot of what goes on between men and women is like prostitution but with less honesty. And its a d*** shame.

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 05:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator X View Post
    <Ahem> It's the ladies who keep choosing them, so who is to blame? Women are just as guilty... It's not like they are just a helpless oppressed caste and have no power to change things. Just ask them they wouldn't want to.
    Well, I see it like this. 21st century courting is like liberal democracy: women vote for the best available party, which is at best still gonna ruin their country. Sure, there are exceptions, there are male exceptions too, but 'exceptions' imply 'rarity'.

I don't think women are just as guilty, as men still have a hunter instinct women lack, when it comes down to dating. No individual has the power to change either this biological reality, or the 'mores' of an age, the latter would require a total cultural revolution, or rather a contra revolution, as it is a cultural revolution that created the current dating conditions, and reshaped the nature of male/female relationships. And that's not likely to come about any time soon.
    "If we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” ― Douglas Coupland, Shampoo Planet

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I don't think it's romantic and I wouldn't like doing it but men have turned in to metrosexual wussies in this age. What's a woman supposed to do, if the man isn't man enough (yes, pun intended!) to ask her out? Women need to secure a future for themselves and their families. The end justifies the means.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 4th, 2009 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    I don't think it's romantic and I wouldn't like doing it but men have turned in to metrosexual wussies in this age. What's a woman supposed to do, if the man isn't man enough (yes, pun intended!) to ask her out? Women need to secure a future for themselves and their families. The end justifies the means.
    It's easy enough for a woman to talk about how men aren't "man enough" when all they have to do is sit on their asses while men go through all the trouble of courting them.
    SVMDEVSSVMCAESARSVMCAELVMETINFERNVM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast