Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Want Women to Be More Traditional - and Women 'Are HAPPY to Be the Housewife'

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I dentify as a Sachsen. My Sachsisch Volkisch friends and myself feel no need to say thing like "Men wan't women to be more traditional".
    If you have to say "I want you to be more this or that"- there is already some lack of connection. Basta.
    But then the Sachsen historicaly considered Men and Women equals. The old sachsen when they were married gave a horse and a sword to each other. A woman could leave the marriage and take all her stuff back if the man was not a good provider or was lazy abusive.
    On top of the racial questions I think that many people have got to extirpate the jesus created Phallocentric thinking from their lives. Otherwise we might just as well start cloning scandinavians and stick with the cultural and "spiritual"garbage that we have been believing, exept as artificially manufactured people now.

Perhaps there is a Difference between the different germanic groups in this,
    I dont know, but it seems to me that Germanism is a package of race, spirit and Will. The will of the semitic people's religiously ordained World view has effected the Germanic thinking , has been artificially imposed on us.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    9 Hours Ago @ 09:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    On the initial thread title - I feel that I have to throw in an experience I made on the weekend: It is not hard at all to find women that believe in traditional roles - and they came in all ages, shapes, forms, and from all walks of life.

On Friday I found myself talking to this lassie for several hours about god and the world whilst I was at a birthday party. Either way - at some point she had headed for the toilet ... and did not return. We all wondered were she had gone to. Eventually she was to be found in the kitchen - of her own according tidying up some of the mess that had been made, in the predicament of "Well - if the bunch of you men prefer to drink, I might just as well do something productive".

I decide to make a joke about her being the perfect housewife, if she tidies at parties without being requested to do so, and she did say that she believed in traditional roles as to who does which duties ... something I, nor none of the others had anticipated when confronted with some of her rather "liberal" political stance a bit earlier. LOL - I think when we collectively found her washing out beer cans etc. etc. we were all considering a mock proposal.

So far so good - I thought to myself, that maybe there is hope for the world if you find that often especially those women you'd never expected to hold more traditional views actually hold them. But then the Saturday topped that one tenfold!

For some reason, after a night out in town, I and two lasses ended up at the place of some random bloke for another beer or two. I understand that one of them knew him, though ... either way, when we sat there and felt that hunger got the better of us, I said - being the old, cheeky mock chauvinist that I am - "You women could make us something to eat, ya know?" (I can be very bluntly straight-forward when I've had a few pints ).

And that got us talking about traditional roles of men and women again - and both of them ... whom I had also not expected to hold such views in the slightest, because there was no hint in the ideas they had offered beforehand and the company they kept that they'd be your stereotypical "Women should be HAPPY to be the housewife" type of lasses. And again, my belief in mankind (and ultimately, more correctly, my belief in wenchdom ) was reinstated once more.

Ergo - women can be more traditional than you think they are ... just many men probably never have the face to directly enough say, "Woman - make me dinner", even if they are just friends/fresh acquaintances ... or something along the lines.

Or did they just pretend to share my (maybe overly radically presented) viewpoint because all three were quite evidently likely trying to hit on me, thinking that'd abet their chances?
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 @ 02:30 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Scotch
    Ancestry
    Ireland and Scotland
    Subrace
    Nordid with Brunn admixture
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Insurance
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wish there were more men in the United States that wanted a good housewife...I meet more men who would rather me support them. I want to be the traditional housewife, but I need a man who will actually work first LOL Of course, it would help if the unemployment rate here wasn't upwards of 10%...

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New Jersey New Jersey
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    liberal
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In polls and such, most women want to learn a professional skill, but only work part-time. I think that's more what the future will look like - not a reversal to the 1950s, but rather women being educated in a profession and working 20-30 hours a week, taking care of house/family the rest of the time, with men working full time.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliodhna View Post
    I wish there were more men in the United States that wanted a good housewife...I meet more men who would rather me support them. I want to be the traditional housewife, but I need a man who will actually work first LOL Of course, it would help if the unemployment rate here wasn't upwards of 10%...
    I know this was a subject of great debate at my house last year. I wanted her to stay home and look after things there and work towards a future goal we both have. Her biggest argument was " I want my own money" or " I want my freedom" . Well after some concessions were made on my part she decided to stay home. Now she has her freedom and my money. Since then she has started selling her art work and now would not trade her housewife lifestyle for anything( I hope ).

Don't give up hope there are still some men out there that want the things you want.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Isles
    Subrace
    Pred. Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My girlfriend always tells me she wants a modern, comtemporary, city-like lifestyle in which she can express her independance and work as a strong business woman.

Yet she lives at home, currently, in her lovely, comfortable, country home in rural Lancashire where she grows fruit and veg, stocks chickens, has a few ducks and likes to take quiet walks through farmland pathways. She likes to feel protected and looked after. She loves to cook.

I don't know, I think there is always a difference between what people say they want (the things they 'like' the idea of) and what people really want!

Also, I think that with some things, if not most, nature always overcomes nurture.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Scotch
    Ancestry
    Ireland and Scotland
    Subrace
    Country
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Insurance
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    My girlfriend always tells me she wants a modern, comtemporary, city-like lifestyle in which she can express her independance and work as a strong business woman.

Yet she lives at home, currently, in her lovely, comfortable, country home in rural Lancashire where she grows fruit and veg, stocks chickens, has a few ducks and likes to take quiet walks through farmland pathways. She likes to feel protected and looked after. She loves to cook.

I don't know, I think there is always a difference between what people say they want (the things they 'like' the idea of) and what people really want!

Also, I think that with some things, if not most, nature always overcomes nurture.

That sounds like a wonderful life...

Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Isles
    Subrace
    Pred. Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliodhna View Post
    That sounds like a wonderful life...
    She's very fortunate. I'm not lucky enough to live the lifestyle she does, but with being in a close relationship with her, I get to indulge in it when I have the time

Last Online
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 @ 05:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    scando-friso
    Ancestry
    frisia and scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    large business owner
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    chritisian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    personally i like the idea of a women that takes care of the children, but i like the balance because i love my child too. also maybe when you get married you will understand how important the second income can be. its helps a lot.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Scotch
    Ancestry
    Ireland and Scotland
    Subrace
    Country
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Insurance
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nordfrisk View Post
    personally i like the idea of a women that takes care of the children, but i like the balance because i love my child too. also maybe when you get married you will understand how important the second income can be. its helps a lot.

I understand the second income can be important...I make candles and other things and I can certainly sell them from home if we needed a second income...although I would rather skimp and save than ship my future children to daycare...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast