Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Does it Mean to be American?

Anarch
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Politics
    Tradition/revolution
    Religion
    Gnostic traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Re: What Does it Mean to be American?

I am very fond of the old America as portrayed by Norman Rockwell (in his earlier paintings, before he got all liberal and sentimental).

Wholesome, kind, decent old America! Was there ever such a place?

Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

symmakhos: yes, Norman Rockwell was like my childhood in small-town America. Even more so for my father and grandfather's generations.

Nordhammer: On the predictions of the demise of White America, I think the full story is not yet written. The claims for minority status for us Euro-Americans by 2050 is based upon Immigration figures extrapolated based upon current rates. That could change. Also, minorities higher rates of death due to STDs, drugs, and violent crime is also not figured in. The battle is set, but I'm not ready to accept the outcome as being the doom of my people. Either way: We Will Have A Homeland. If we are hated in Europe, we'll carve it out here. Personally, I'm expecting the latter ... and to be doing it in the smoking ruin of Empire.

On Hooton's classifications, you may be right. I dont think he had a very clear picture of European pre-history to be able to tell what he was looking at. Labels and classification have seemed to be the biggest issues with so many of the anthropologists, and so many have used labels that are misleading in the extreme. Personally, Lundman's classifications make more sense to me ... and I respect Coon though I am highly critical of portions of his research. However, I'm not so sure that the pretty common brown-eyed blonde in America can be called Nordic, and I sure dont think it is Mediterranean (and Nordic-Mediterranean as a term is a bit silly, as the term suggests that it is a product of SE Europeans intermarrying with NW Europeans on a large enough scale to create a majority mixed US population: the term just does not fit with what we know about US immigration and settlement historically.) I also think 'Alpinid' is something amorphous, that so many throw out there whenever they run up against an individual that is not easily classifiable, and is on the heavier side (weight-wise, or features-wise.) I'm hoping that a better classification system might eventually develop dependent not only on genetic studies of ancient populations, but comparison with modern populations.

I still tend to think that White America is both full of reemergent types not found so often in modern Europe, and may also be developing a few new stabilized blends. So far what genetic studies have been done on the American population suggest that the 'race-mixing' is still not so prevalent, and is uni-directional. A 'Mestizo/Mulatto' America is not something I see the evidence leaning towards. Those who are mixed tend to classify themselves as part of the 'Black' or 'Hispanic' cultures, and not as 'American' (Anglo) ... and their anti-Western politics show it. It could be that us Americans will end up with a reduced territory, but I dont think we are disappearing anytime soon... though we are set to take a beating. It aint so bad as Zud Afrika though... yet.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 17th, 2007 @ 12:54 AM
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elistariel

Civil War over or not, we're still different.
    The problem is being different does not make you better! as a damn yankee I say viva the difference.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frontiersman
    Well, it is arguable that the foreigners (meaning non-Anglos) in America have given far more trouble than they have help to building our society. I could happily live without George Washington Carver (the high point of his race, imho). America was never invisioned as some 'melting pot' or even mosaic by the founding Fathers.. and Conservatives in America never bought into those Liberal visions (now being pushed by neo-cons.) The Diversity of America has actually been our weakness... we have always been strongest where we are the most homogenous.

As for the Roman Empire: it treated lots of folk like s**t. Those who were born Roman (Patricians esp.) were far higher up, had more rights. The same goes for the Cisalpine Gauls who were 'made' Latins and Romans early on. The rest either had to live their whole lives in the Army trying to get citizenship before they died, so they might even have a chance to marry and have children (you didnt get to do that until after you had been in the military a good while.) Some folk were perpetual slaves in the Roman system. If Rome is the model for America, we went off track with 1861 (another example where our culture was first hi-jacked by foreigners, in that case by German Jews and their Shabbas Goy Marxist followers like Carl Schurz.)

However, if you would read the founding Fathers, you would find they all held to the same idea expressed by Thomas Jefferson. He (and the rest) felt that America was where the old Anglo-Saxon freedoms, reaching back to the days before Rome in the Teutoberger Wald, were re-founded in America where they would have free room to grow again.
    You should get over those halucinations you keep having about the Anglos who built this country because you don't know what your talking about, all the skyscrapers, bridges and subway ststems in the east coast were built by Italians, Germans and Irish Immigrants, it is well documented and is written in many books by bonofide writers, and documentrys about this are shown on tv many times.

Without the Southern Europeans this country would have been underdevloped for a long time.

Remember your people helped also to destroy this country by bringing the blacks here to pick your cotton and then race mixed with them, you were racist in the day and race mixers at night, all the big citys were built by non anglos, and in the big citys in this country where their are not that many anglos, these big citys are the most prosperous then in the rest of the country.

Everybody in the world knows where NYC and chicago etc are, but how many ever heard of Georgia.
    Last edited by nemo; Tuesday, May 4th, 2004 at 11:00 PM.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frontiersman
    "The same Hooton who wanted to exterminate all Germans after WW2."

I wouldnt know. He was all for sterilization for many classes of folk, and hated war veterans with a passion (considered them to be like panhandlers.) I dont think that makes his collection of data without validity. So far as I know, it is the best we have ... though it does need to be replaced with a newer, more complete study. I thought about posting Coon's feelings on the subject, but since it seems some would rather politicize this thread than discuss it objectively, I dont see any use.

"Which such genocidal nuts still being looked up to today I feel perfectly justified in my opinion that Americans are scum. Yankees, southerners, white Americans, Hispanics, Jews, negroes, Asians and whoever else keeps that country going: they are all scum."

LOL, he was difficult to find, and much of what he says this American finds offensive, as would most Americans. Anyways, what is wrong with genocide? It was never considered a 'crime' until this past century. I tend to think a little eugenic genocide isnt necessarily a bad thing. I'd be a hypocrite otherwise, as I'm the benefiter of some tens of thousands of years of genocide... my ancestors killed off the Neanderthals, killed off a good number of Native American tribes as well. Call me scum if you will ... it wont make it true
    Why don't you stop bringing 65 yr old data which has no credibility today, and the authors of this dribble had their own agenda, and they were nothing but ignorant anglos who have the same mind set as yourself.

The only thing you anglos brought to America was hate, and most of you were illiterate, about 20% of you had brains, the rest were just narrow minded goof balls.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nemo
    Why don't you stop bringing 65 yr old data which has no credibility today, and the authors of this dribble had their own agenda, and they were nothing but ignorant anglos who have the same mind set as yourself.

The only thing you anglos brought to America was hate, and most of you were illiterate, about 20% of you had brains, the rest were just narrow minded goof balls.
    hate only begets hate.
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

hate only begets hate.
    I'm glade you noticed!

Last Online
    Saturday, October 8th, 2005 @ 09:20 PM
    Subrace
    Brunn/Atlantid/Corded
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Third Position
    Religion
    Nontheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

nemo
    You should get over those halucinations you keep having about the Anglos who built this country because you don't know what your talking about, all the skyscrapers, bridges and subway ststems in the east coast were built by Italians, Germans and Irish Immigrants, it is well documented and is written in many books by bonofide writers, and documentrys about this are shown on tv many times.

Without the Southern Europeans this country would have been underdevloped for a long time.
    Irish and Germans aren't Southern Europeans. Also, from the sounds of it you are speaking of physical labour, not the architecture and engineering work. When you say "Anglo" do mean people of English and British ancestry? Are you distinguishing between Ulster Scots, English and Welsh or are you lumping them all together as "Anglo"?

I notice you completely gloss over the contributions many Dutch had made to building up the East Coast. Actually the first Mayor of New York a person of Dutch ancestry Robert Van Wyck initialized the contract for the first subway system to be built in NYC.

Here's something to digest:
    First Chicago "skyscraper"
    Architect Major William Le Baron Jenney Anglo-Norman surname
    http://www.chipublib.org/004chicago/...yscraper1.html

A more famous architect was Raymond Hood(obvious Anglo-Saxon surname)
    http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/hood/hood4.html

nemo
    Remember your people helped also to destroy this country by bringing the blacks here to pick your cotton and then race mixed with them, you were racist in the day and race mixers at night, all the big citys were built by non anglos, and in the big citys in this country where their are not that many anglos, these big citys are the most prosperous then in the rest of the country.
    Not to split hairs, I understand from certain Hispanics all whites are classified as "Anglo", but for the sake of conversation the fact is the South was settled mainly by Celts of Scottish, Welsh or Ulster Scot ethnicity usually not folks of English ancestry; although, they could certainly be considered of "British" stock if you like. Most of the big money and old money in this country is held by people with Anglo-Saxon or Anglo-Norman surnames, next to Jews they are obviously the most wealthy and influential. The reason why you THINK Americans of English or British ancestry weren't involved in building cities or aren't living in big cities is because up until 100 years ago being an AMERICAN was synonymous with being of Protestant background, which assumed you were of English, Dutch, Scottish, German or Scandinavian ancestry. Until 100 years ago Catholics were a minority in this country. Those who are of English or British ancestry today don't run around forming clubs like the Italians, they are usually too obsessed with business, raising a family or generally being greedy(I will admit to this) for taking notice of their heritage and flaunting it. At any rate most of them are oblivious to their English/British ethnicity and would probably still consider themselves "American" first a result of inherited propaganda.

I for one hope you can finally resolve your hatred for people of English and British ancestry, it doesn't seem to be having much effect on them. They are still successful as ever. If it wasn't for Americans of British/English ancestry your own ancestors from Southern Italy would not have had been able to escape the poverty and crime of Southern Italy, enabling them to come to America where they could do the physical labour required for building skyscrapers and subways designed and engineered by Americans of British/English ancestry

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nemo
    I'm glade you noticed!
    Sarcasm from an air freshener. Nice.
    (I'm halfway joking here, I do not mean to offend you)
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sarcasm from an air freshener. Nice.
    (I'm halfway joking here, I do not mean to offend you)
    You don't offend me, I might be a hot head, but not all the time, thank God

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast