Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Does it Mean to be American?

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post Re: What Does it Mean to be American?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword Brethren
    Americans today are nothing at all like Americans were a hundred years ago. To compare an Avg American today, to an Avg America then... It would be like comparing a tired old man, to an energetic youth... Americans today are but a shadow of their former selves.
    When did America become Numenor?
    (Tolkien reference)
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Please keep this thread on topic. This is NOT the "destroy the jews thread".
    Not all Americans are "meaner than a hornet" I have a theory.
    The "mean/rude" ones seem to live in crowded communities (NY)
    The nice ones, live in more spacious areas. Like the south. We made be rednecks, but you don't have "southern hospitality" in the north
    Also, from my experience, "Yankees" seem to be concerned with themselves and ONLY themselves (well family too). Here in the south, while we may not jump on the chance to help everyone we meet, we won't zoom by you when your c...ar breaks down. (Unless we Really have to be somewhere, can't help you, or it's late and you look creepy). While we may not stop to help you, we will call on our cellphones to 911 or whoever can help you.
    Also, in the crowded places, if someone walks into a restraunt with blue and orange polka dot hair, no one gives it a second glance.
    In the south, the whole town knows about it before dinnertime.

Civil War over or not, we're still different.

Awaiting Email Confirmation Tuor's Avatar
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 @ 04:05 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Agree, if America is trully as bad as many people make it seem then why are we the sole superpower? No matter what other people say about us our diversity is our greatest strength. An homegenous pop would be nice but that is not what makes us America. Nextly, when one starts talking of exterminating Jewish people that is just wrong in America. We respect other cultures and peoples. Without respect for one another we become blind in our pride. An excellent example is Hitler's Germany and his blind ambition and his master race with utmost arrogance and ignorance for others. Only by respect can a state rise up to become a true superpower. A prime example is the Roman Empire and its decent treatment of new people in the empire.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well, it is arguable that the foreigners (meaning non-Anglos) in America have given far more trouble than they have help to building our society. I could happily live without George Washington Carver (the high point of his race, imho). America was never invisioned as some 'melting pot' or even mosaic by the founding Fathers.. and Conservatives in America never bought into those Liberal visions (now being pushed by neo-cons.) The Diversity of America has actually been our weakness... we have always been strongest where we are the most homogenous.

As for the Roman Empire: it treated lots of folk like s**t. Those who were born Roman (Patricians esp.) were far higher up, had more rights. The same goes for the Cisalpine Gauls who were 'made' Latins and Romans early on. The rest either had to live their whole lives in the Army trying to get citizenship before they died, so they might even have a chance to marry and have children (you didnt get to do that until after you had been in the military a good while.) Some folk were perpetual slaves in the Roman system. If Rome is the model for America, we went off track with 1861 (another example where our culture was first hi-jacked by foreigners, in that case by German Jews and their Shabbas Goy Marxist followers like Carl Schurz.)

However, if you would read the founding Fathers, you would find they all held to the same idea expressed by Thomas Jefferson. He (and the rest) felt that America was where the old Anglo-Saxon freedoms, reaching back to the days before Rome in the Teutoberger Wald, were re-founded in America where they would have free room to grow again.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 26th, 2009 @ 10:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not american, and I hate the jewish "american" leaders. But I love america although. Why? Many cause. So, if I see my great country, and the USA, then I see, what here communist terror now. There is not. Here the government and police ban often marches. There not. Here no freespeech about jews, gipsies, commies. There is freespeech. Here banned to get weapons. There allowed. Here if somebody defend himself/herself, that often make trouble, for that somebody. In the USA, who fight back to a criminal, that person is hero. There, if peoples saying:. We are Americans! - that is a good thing. When here somebody saying:. I'm Hungarian! -then jews, gipsies and media saying:. - you are a racist! stupid fascist you are! you are anti-semite!...and so on, and so on... And many alike things. So, I think USA meaning now more freedom. This maybe changing -just watch Matt Hale, but the USA still the most freedomful country yet. And this is the cause, why I love that place. It's all.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 7th, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    bavaria
    Subrace
    Does bavarian count?
    Country
    State
    Colorado Colorado
    Family
    Widowed
    Occupation
    Anti-Semite
    Politics
    Phineas priest
    Religion
    American Isrealism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frontiersman
    Quote: "the way I would describe MOST Americans now is this; Mean as hell!!!"

You know, we have a word for that , its called 'Da-mn Yankee'
    As I am !
    Some days you just want to holler your head off!!!

Last Online
    Thursday, April 16th, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Hyperborean
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    "Plebej by choice"
    Politics
    Conservative Revolution
    Religion
    Orthodoxy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

TUOR:

"I Agree, if America is trully as bad as many people make it seem then why are we the sole superpower?"

Coincidences of history. It could just as well be Russia/Soviet Union. A population being 'bad' or 'good' doesn't mean anything in this sense, and often it's the 'badest' governments and nations that gain superiority.

"No matter what other people say about us our diversity is our greatest strength."

You're right. American multi-culturalism is a strength really. An unique, voluntary multi-culti experiment. But it's strange that you, as a Skadi visitor (and probably White Nationalist), call 'our diversity our strength'.

"An homegenous pop would be nice but that is not what makes us America."

America cannot exist without cosmopolitism and the messianic 'All cultures gather in the new Eden' prospect which America was founded upon. So you're right: your America today is true America. Many million negroes were imported to America for the multi-cultural experiment, and initially as slaves, asians, chinese, Jews, european nationals came later. To say America really is Anglo-Saxon is to 'forget' that America was the first artificial multi-culti experiment, where people from all over the world was gathered to form a new promised land of unlimited space (freedom), away from the decadent Europe of the absolutist empires at that time.

"An excellent example is Hitler's Germany and his blind ambition and his master race with utmost arrogance and ignorance for others. Only by respect can a state rise up to become a true superpower. A prime example is the Roman Empire and its decent treatment of new people in the empire."

Hitler's Germany was more about Germany controlling Europe than a Race war. America has no respect whatsoever for other cultures, it only wants to destroy their spirit and assimilate them into a Americanized popular version of itself. The colonization of the American continent, by the way, wasn't done with silk gloves, but with sword and deceases. The same with Africa. A mighty state cannot treat others with respect, the sword and power-politics always come to use.

SZACSI:
    "I'm not american, and I hate the jewish "american" leaders. But I love america although. Why? Many cause. So, if I see my great country, and the USA, then I see, what here communist terror now."

Many studies show that the former communist European nations often have an utopian view of America, not at all realistic. One reason for this is said to be the former Communist propaganda in these nations, portayiing America as utterly evil, which creates illusions that it's really the otherwise. In Communist-occupied Europe, people did understand the Soviet version of new-speak, where 'Pravda' was something far from the truth. Today, there also seem to be an American idealisation in former Communist Europe: Whole Balticum, Poland, Czech, Slovakia and Hungary is more keen joining NATO than EU. But soon these illusions of America as a civilisation of unlimited freedoms will perish, I truly hope.

"There is not. Here the government and police ban often marches. There not. Here no freespeech about jews, gipsies, commies. There is freespeech."

I don't believe this is really true. Freespeech yankee-style could rather be defined as New-speak Orwell-style.

"In the USA, who fight back to a criminal, that person is hero. There, if peoples saying"

From what I've heard once, a burglar roobing a house accidently slipped and was penetrated by a carelessly put knife in the kitchen, and because of this the burglar was freed from charges and the house-owner convicted. Truth or not; I don't know.

"So, I think USA meaning now more freedom."

Freedom is just a used cliché without meaning. American freedom is freedom to consume products, grow fat, be promiscous, doing plastic operations and freedom=money. I prefer national freedom then, a nation where society is at peace; great Hungary could be such a nation, America cannot.

Last Online
    Thursday, April 16th, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Hyperborean
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    "Plebej by choice"
    Politics
    Conservative Revolution
    Religion
    Orthodoxy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Being American really means surrendering the old identities of one's native lands, and a adopt a new identity in a new ascending civilisation: Americans and America. This is, as I believe, what America is.

And that the stereotype Yankees nowadays seem to misunderstand European culture and mentality more than many Arabs and many Asians do (according to my empirical experience) is really sad, but shows what Egocentric-Selfrighteous hyper-materialist Mammon multi-culti 'America is the world' attitydes has done to the Yank...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

does anyone think that America has TOO many freedoms, thus we're not very self disciplined, thus we eat, buy, "do" too much for our own good?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

[QUOTE=Deling]Being American really means surrendering the old identities of one's native lands, and a adopt a new identity in a new ascending civilisation: Americans and America. This is, as I believe, what America is.
    QUOTE]

America is the result of many cultures merging. America, as a culture did not pop out of thin air. If we surrendered the identities of our ancestors, we would have ceased to exist long ago. Just because we have assimilated to create new culture does not mean we have surrendered. (not all of us, and not entirely).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast