Independent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Star Wars: Empire at war

Quote Originally Posted by Kalki
    Excellent game!
    I just love the feeling of total galactic domination over those pathetic rebel low-lives.
    wow you must be a fascist. I love the rebels. The challenge is winning as the underdog. Even if my favorite character ever was Darth Vader. I'm just rebel scum

Quote Originally Posted by Kalki
    I just finished the imperial campaign and i will not even bother to play the rebel campaign.
    A retarded chimpanzee can beat Imperial on hard, no offense Seriously though, if you want a challenge, capture every planet as rebels.

I gotta say this game dashed my expectations. I give it a 1.5 out of 10. I was expecting something like Eve or Homeworld. And try getting online. The programming they used for managing lobby connection is 10 years old!
    Expect to get booted back to the login as you start a game up. we actually get a successful online game going where we arent booted 20% of the time, thats it

Renewed
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Fashionable 50's

Fifties fashion

Which is why "older women" are now fronting major campaigns for the likes of Miuccia Prada's Miu Miu (Kim Basinger) and Cover Girl (Christie Brinkley). And who could have missed the impact Twiggy, a ripe 56, has had on the sales and image of the once-faltering Marks & Spencer?

Kim Basinger

Christie Brinkley

Twiggy

Fashion for older women: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/ma...9/hffash19.xml
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Re: Fashionable 50's

Beneath the Autumn of their Beauty, there are sweltering passions smouldering and wisdom ripened like vintage wine ready to squelch many thirst of various dispositions.

Last Online
    6 Hours Ago @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,114 Posts

Manu Ruys

"Er is geen volk dat minder nationalistisch reflecteert dan het Vlaamse. In de lente van 1975 interviewde ik in Quebec de toenmalige premier van die Frans-Canadese provincie, Robert Bourassa. Mijn boek 'De vlamingen' was kort voordien in Franse vertaling verschenen en ik had een exemplaar zien liggen op de regeringsbank in het parlement. Bourassa had het gelezen en gewaardeerd. 'De strijd van uw Vlaamse volk tegen de verfransing van België vertoont opvallende gelijkenissen met onze strijd tegen de verengelsing,' zei hij, 'het grote verschil is dat wij hier veel radicaler zijn, over een strengere en doelmatiger taalwetgeving beschikken en een scherper, dieper geworteld identiteitsbesef koesteren."

Manu Ruys, "Een Levensverhaal" (1999).
    "If we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” ― Douglas Coupland, Shampoo Planet

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 10:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Why are you religious?

It would be interesting to hear from you why you are religious or why you are not. Did your family shape your beliefs? Your education?

Or did you make a conscious decision when you became an adult?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2018 @ 03:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Telecommunications
    Politics
    Libertarian/Neo-Imperialist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    My family definitely influenced me in my religious beliefs and my sense of religiosity, but I'm quite a bit more religious than my family is. I have always felt very spiritual since I was a little boy — always keenly aware of power and significance beyond myself and my immediate surroundings. My religiosity has only grown as I've learned more about what's out there beyond what my own wits can discern.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 9th, 2006 @ 11:29 PM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rúna
    It would be interesting to hear from you why you are religious or why you are not. Did your family shape your beliefs? Your education?

Or did you make a conscious decision when you became an adult?
    I am a semi religious person. I honor and thank the God's everyday. I celebrate the holidays and that stuff. My parents are close minded Christians. Ironically seeing how my mom is an alcholic and my father is a gambling addict I don't think that is Christian behavoir. So the answer is no my parents had no way in shaping my religious beliefs. However my grandmother did play a big part. My grandma introduced me to Odinism and Asatru and Nationalism and all these political and religious ideas.

My school is a disease ridden school filled with stupidity, ignorance, and immorality.
    What does not kill me, makes me stronger- Friedrich Nietzsche Twilight of the Idols 1888

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong- Voltaire

Government can easily exist without laws, but law cannot exist without government- Bertrand Russell

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born- Ronald Reagan

America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up- Oscar Wilde

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I cannot escape the feeling that the world extends beyond what the five senses inform us about, nor the sense that there is a fundamental unity to everything. I suppose those are the roots of my spirituality.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 10:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why are you religious ?

My parents did not influence my religious beliefs (if any) at all. I never knew my father but was brought up by my mother and grandmother. My mother was a "freethinker" she made no effort to inculcate any religious beliefs in me. My grandmother was nominally a Lutheran, but I never saw her go to church and , until she started "cramming for the finals" at about age 80, I never saw her read the Bible.

I was a very thoughtful child with an analytical mind. I saw little merit to any of the religions of my "peers", all of which seemed to embody a great deal of nonsense. I was never able to understand anything that I hadn't reasoned out for myself.

At 18, I decided that I did not trust any religious or philosophical authority, and I rejected all of them. I was determine to reason EVERYTHING out for myself, never to accept ANYTHING on authority. I studied numerous religions to see if any of them held any insights which would be useful to me.

That project is now in its 58th year. The position which my skepticism and my insistence on logical consistency in whatever I accepted placed me in was and is agnostic.

More or less as a working hypothesis, I accept, as a basis for speculation, the advaita Vedanta, an esotric highly intellectual form of Hinduism. I worship no gods. I accept the henotheistic position that all of the gods are but aspects of a single inconceivable and incomprehensible reality which the Vedantists call Brahman and I call the supreme entity.

This entity is perfect. Therefore, it needs nothing and wants nothing. Especially, it does not need praise from (usually insincere) human beings. Hence, I do not pray. if the supreme entity cares, which I doubt, it knows what I need. I need not remind it or badger it with begging flattery.

BTW, Vedantists do not worship Brahman. The humanly accessible aspects of Brahman are the , at least 30,000, gods or the more abstract Ishvara. I have often called myself a deist because I accept the idea of the existence of a supreme entity but doubt that it is at all concerned with individual human beings.

So, why am I religious ? In the common sense of the word, I'm not. However, I have an inquiring mind and I have found it necessary to consider religion in my efforts to understand everything.

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 @ 11:52 PM
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, I feel I am religious, and I feel my family did play a big part in that, though they are Christian. I feel that the Gods and Goddesses should be recognized and thanked for all I and my family have. So, we do so in daily prayers as a family and I pray every night before I go to bed. We have celebrated all Heathen holidays this past year, and are looking @ kindreds...not as strongly though as we would like

However, we do take time daily to read, and my hubby and I have talked about other books we have read and go to sites such as this one to talk w/other Heathens to learn more. Educating ourselves is important, since this is fairly new to us
    "I can stop trying to discover shortcuts or easy answers to why I feel dissatisfied at times. I am the only one who can make changes, right here and now."
    Dr William Brown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast