Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

Exclamation Althing-Skadi Forum Merge: Potential Issues

The Althing has merged into Skadi Forum.

Logging in
    Should you experience problems logging in, please use the email password option in order to reset your password. If you cannot remember your email address, please use the contact form, specifying your username and new email address there. We will send you a new password and reactivate your account.

Profiles
    Due to the import and non-corresponding profile field IDs, most profile entries from the Althing are gone. You will thus have to edit your profiles and update your information.

Also make sure to edit your options.

Banners
    Should the banner not show up, please go to your user control panel, choose edit options > miscellaneous options > forum banner and select your desired banner. We do not have many banners at the moment, but we will be gradually adding new ones.

Styles
    As style IDs differ from board to board, you will most likely also need to re-choose your preferred style. To do this, either select it from the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom of the page, or go to your user control panel > edit options > miscellaneous options > forum skin and from there select your preferred style.

Private Messages
    Those users whose accounts were successfully merged should be able to access all private messages from both Skadi and the Althing.
    Those users whose accounts were not successfully merged should only be able to access private messages from the Althing.

Due to the import all reputation points from the Althing have been lost. You are now back to your old reputation level on Skadi. Users who were not Skadi members currently have a reputation level of 10 points. We can manually enter your reputation points from the Althing if you let us know the amount, however we cannot restore the comments.

If your Skadi account was merged into your Althing account, your join date will consequently be that of the Althing. If you can remember your Skadi join date, please let us know and we will modify it for you.

Features
    We have downgraded from vbulletin 3.7 to vbulletin 3.6, as it is a much more stable and bug-free version. Thus, features such as the social groups, visitor messages, etc. will be missing. Modification-related information from the Althing, such as the thanks was also lost, so you are back to your number of thanks from Skadi Forum.

Usergroups
    As it used to be a bigger forum, Skadi had more usergroups than the Althing.

If you are a new member and/or you have less than 15 posts, your posts will be moderated, i.e. they will have to be validated by Staff before they become public. This was a measure we considered implementing on the Althing in any case, due to the recent excessive trolling and drama from users who signed up to cause problems.
    The Newbies usergroup is restricted for security reasons, so you will need to have 15 posts in order to be able to use features such as private messaging, reputation, profile viewing, etc.

Users with more than 15 posts are then promoted to the Juniors usergroup, which has a few more options. The Regulars usergroup gives you access to some private forums. The Funding Member usergroup has additional options. Funding members receive privileges, etc.

Funding
    If you have an active subscription with the Althing, you must cancel it. Since we changed domain name and servers, Skadi is no longer hosted by Dreamhost.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I'm not sure if my two accounts were successfully merged. I can't find Madoc on the membership list, but my UCP contained no rep comments from my Skadi account or any pms either. Tried logging in as Madoc, but I can't remember the password. I have 10 rep points but I know I had around 2000 + as Madoc. Last I check I had 2600 + rep points at the Althing.

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can't change my avatar.

And where's my Valknuts? Just when I was rewarded with a pair, they are taken from me!!!

I'm not to worried about losing anything, but am pretty miffed at losing my 100'000 rep points!!

400 actually.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ok, I had 749 Rep points I believe.

What the heck?
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Keeps your Whites Whiter.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    SkandoNordid/Nordicised Faelid
    Pan-Germanic MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    I'm not sure if my two accounts were successfully merged. I can't find Madoc on the membership list, but my UCP contained no rep comments from my Skadi account or any pms either. Tried logging in as Madoc, but I can't remember the password. I have 10 rep points but I know I had around 2000 + as Madoc. Last I check I had 2600 + rep points at the Althing.
    Same basic problem here.

Thanks so much for the merge Aeternitas, by the way! - Great idea. I hope all the old posts are here as well.

Danke,

S
    "...The moral man is a lower species than the immoral, a weaker species; indeed - he is a type in regard to morality, but not a type in himself; a copy...the measure of his value lies outside him. ... I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage; I do not account the evil and painful character of existence a reproach to it, but hope rather that it will one day be more evil and painful than hitherto..." (Nietzsche)

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland & Normandy
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    South Holland South Holland
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician
    Politics
    Free-Thinker & Anti-Monarchist
    Religion
    Heiden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hmm i do have my pm's from Althing only the rep is away indeed and some comments.

My rep was: 175 on Althing. never been a member at Skadi so
    If christ is the answer then what is the question?

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    My rep is back to 10, although I am pretty sure I had more than this on Skadi , I bet it's because of the Umlaut "ä", that never works with English software, so well, I am here for altruistic reasons anyways, and at least I am red
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    There were some issues with some user accounts. The system deleted some old Skadi accounts so we had to reassign the posts to the new, Althing accounts. You should find all your Madoc posts under Æmeric.

Quote Originally Posted by BeornWulfWer View Post
    I can't change my avatar.
    Usergroup issue. You should be able to now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    I hope all the old posts are here as well.
    They should be here, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    My rep is back to 10, although I am pretty sure I had more than this on Skadi , I bet it's because of the Umlaut "ä", that never works with English software, so well, I am here for altruistic reasons anyways, and st least I am red
    How much reputation did you have?

Anyone else who has missing reputation points please report.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitas View Post
    How much reputation did you have?
    Not sure, a little more than my post count, but I can cope well with my now 13 (thanks to SuuT)
    Only the old messages were sometimes funny to read again.

Edit: Uh, weeee, well, thanks anyways.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 @ 08:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Irish, Dutch, German
    Country
    United States United States
    Piecrust promises,easily broken
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given