Politics
    Conservative Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Aeternitas was so generous to hear my pleas to help us out whenever she has time, and she has been reinstated in her old position as a Lögsögumaður.

Welcome back, Aeternitas!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Thank you, Forseti.

Quote Originally Posted by Soten View Post
    Maybe someone mentioned this already and maybe I'm being picky but I really enjoyed the various banners that would appear across the top of the forum. I also liked the "Germanic Cultural, Ethnic and Spiritual Preservation" bit too. I'd like to see those come back (with "Skadi" replacing "The Althing" of course).

Edit: I see there are some others...but not all of the ones we did have I think. And the biggest thing is I don't know how to get them to randomize from banner to banner.

I'm a big fan of the banners.
    "Germanic Online Community" was Thorburn's modification of our logo, which we shall keep on Skadi. Unfortunately, I don't have the .psds of most of those old banners anymore, as my PC was severely virused and I had to format and reinstall everything. I think the new ones we have, which were created by a German graphic designer, are much nicer anyway, and they match with our styles. We will probably add a random script sometime in future though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    I wonder, can I ask about the box that we used to have at the bottom of a thread page, that told us who (if anyone) had viewed a thread. I used to pay some attention to that, especially when I hoped a certain particularly knowledgeable person would answer my question on a given topic. Is it gone for good?
    I took it down because it was incompatible with PHP 5. i.e. it rendered threads unreadable. I'll try to see if I can find a new version.

I'll have to ask the members to please have some patience and understanding regarding technical development, as both Forseti and myself are busy atm and we only log on a few times/week.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo - Saxon.
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    [Psychologist]
    Politics
    Patriotic
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Welcome back...? I am pleased to see you are still about . Will you be taking on some of your former tasks....or are we still in an interim? Whatever , hello once again.

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Welcome back...? I am pleased to see you are still about . Will you be taking on some of your former tasks....or are we still in an interim? Whatever , hello once again.
    Thank you. I will be mainly taking care of technical matters as well as internal Staff matters.

If members have any general forum complaint or a complaint regarding moderation, etc., it is recommended that they contact the Witenagemot.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I like Skadi better than the Althing as far as content and discussion is concerned, it's more active and lively, but I preferred the name Althing too. The name "Althing" had a folkish, community sound to it, while the name "Skadi" puts a bias on a single deity from the Germanic pantheon. Just my two cents.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 08:36 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    I like Skadi better than the Althing as far as content and discussion is concerned, it's more active and lively, but I preferred the name Althing too. The name "Althing" had a folkish, community sound to it, while the name "Skadi" puts a bias on a single deity from the Germanic pantheon. Just my two cents.
    The legend has it that Scandinavia was named after Skadi. As such, I'd say that this giantess, also a goddess of the hunt and winter, is about as Germanic as it gets, IMO ... though I must say that "The Althing" was a name I cherished much too as - in reference to how the Althing first practiced its way in olden days is much indeed in the "folkish community feeling" that I'd say we try to capture, especially in the spirits of the old Germanic values that the ancient Althing (though of course not in its current position as the parliament of Iceland ) represented. But overall - despite taking your point and wholeheartedly agreeing with it ... I still prefer the name Skadi Forum, and in hindsight, I probably feel more at home now that Skadi Forum has returned than on The Althing - even though I felt very much at home at The Althing --- just because it is the original, upon which I stumbled as a young, uninformed 16-year old more than three years back.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910