Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Norway: More Dads Stay Home with Small Babies

  1. #11
    Senior Member MockTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    It is similar in Germany, but on what do you base the Nordish part?
    The statistics will show that the income gap is widest between 'White' men and 'White' women (these are government statistics, so obviously they won't use terms like 'Nordish'). As it stands, White women earn less than 70% of what White men earn in the US (according to averages). The gap gets more and more pronounced as you proceed further out along the highest earners too, just as we would expect from the given fact that men dominate at the extreme right-end of the bell curve. I don't think there's any reason to believe that the Nordish element of this population will show a smaller gap; probably just the opposite, seeing as how the males from the Nordish population are most likely to be highly successful (as measured by income, that is).

    Other ethnic/racial groups show significantly smaller gaps in earnings between the males/females. The Negro race is a good example; the difference within this group is much smaller, mostly because Black women are much more likely to reach higher education than the men.

    [...]

    "The Wage Gap Exists Within Racial/Ethnic Groups"

    White men are not the only group that out-earns women, although the wage gap is largest between white men and white women.

    [...]

    "What Difference Does Education Make?"

    Higher levels of education increase women’s earnings, just as they do for men. However, there is no evidence that the gender gap in wages closes at higher levels of education. If anything, the reverse is true: at the very highest levels of education, the gap is at its largest, as shown in this chart.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mrs. Lyfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Location
    Where the mountains are
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Not he and his wife, only he.
    I am not sure what you mean?


    And suck at it most of the time.
    I'm glad I am not a single parent, I would be totally offended by now. So, let me try to explain my view again. If the single parent is the one taking care of the child, and this time lets assume its a mother, isn't she the one there taking care of her child. Do you think most women do not let the father know they are the father? Don't you think most women want the father there for both her and her child? Don't you think the dead beat dad is the one to call " sucks " and is the one who is the let down, not the single mother. Don't you think plenty of men whisper sweet nothings in the womens ear and then disappear when its baby time??? So, if ya'll want to name call, lets at least put the focus where it belongs. At least the single parent has kept their child and most I am sure do the best they can for their child.

    I bet he does, that something can happen along the way, does not mean you shouldn't be certain about your partner.
    Yes, but do you get the point you may be sure about your partner but they may not be certain of you?

    And so far the state only encourages such disloyal behavior.
    True.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

  3. #13
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    I am not sure what you mean?
    It's about what he worked out, not he and his wife.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Do you think most women do not let the father know they are the father? Don't you think most women want the father there for both her and her child?
    Yeah, but why has this anything to do with that single woman suck at raising a family? Possible they didn't want it to be that way, doesn't change the fact that it is how it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Don't you think the dead beat dad is the one to call " sucks " and is the one who is the let down, not the single mother.
    This depends why he has left her, at any rate this doesn't change the fact that the single woman sucks at raising a family either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Don't you think plenty of men whisper sweet nothings in the womens ear and then disappear when its baby time???
    Oh yes, but I blame the women for their arrogance and naivety.
    A woman can not judge a man, too less knowledge of the ways of a man and too much fluffy flowers in their head when it is most crucial.
    In every society it was common that a man who had already established a working relationship helped the woman to judge, in most cases this would be the father.
    Yet, today's woman want no one to interfere with their individual decision based exclusively on hedonism, and then they should take full responsibility for it (but they are not held accountable in this society), of course they don't care that much, because in most of the cases where they choose idiotic partners they will just leave him, and the state makes it easier and easier to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    So, if ya'll want to name call, lets at least put the focus where it belongs.
    Yes, only those can suck at raising a family, that do the raising of a family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    At least the single parent has kept their child and most I am sure do the best they can for their child.
    I don't accuse them of bad intentions, just of stupidity and incapability of doing the work they have chosen to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Yes, but do you get the point you may be sure about your partner but they may not be certain of you?
    Ya, but better one than none.
    I admit it is very hard in this society, but as soon as people are held accountable for their word, it will work out that way
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mrs. Lyfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Location
    Where the mountains are
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    It's about what he worked out, not he and his wife.

    So, you don't think they should decide together?


    Yeah, but why has this anything to do with that single woman suck at raising a family? Possible they didn't want it to be that way, doesn't change the fact that it is how it is.
    I don't understand how you think you know so much about every single person to make such a harsh judgment? eyes:

    What about men? Do they suck at this as well? :o

    This depends why he has left her, at any rate this doesn't change the fact that the single woman sucks at raising a family either.
    How do you know he left her? Couldn't she leave him? Hmmmm...do I feel some sexist-ness going on? :


    Oh yes, but I blame the women for their arrogance and naivety.
    Trust me, men are far much more arrogant than women ever will be.
    Naive we may be, but, you know why? BECAUSE OF MEN.


    A woman can not judge a man
    But, you can judge a women? Hmmm again.

    too less knowledge of the ways of a man and too much fluffy flowers in their head when it is most crucial.
    Surely not, did you? You Did. "too less knowledge of the ways of a man" seems arrogant in itself, don't ya think? You think we don't know. Your wrong. You ( men ) are the ones who can never figure out women. BTW, I have much more in my head than fluffy flowers. Theres rainbows too. :p

    Yes, only those can suck at raising a family, that do the raising of a family.
    How many families have you raised? :o
    I don't accuse them of bad intentions, just of stupidity and incapability of doing the work they have chosen to do.
    That contradicts itself.

    I admit it is very hard in this society, but as soon as people are held accountable for their word, it will work out that way
    Best thing you said yet!!!! But still, will not always work.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

  5. #15
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    So, you don't think they should decide together?
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    I don't understand how you think you know so much about every single person to make such a harsh judgment? eyes:
    Of course there might be exceptions, but for a general rule I don't have to know every single person, and every exception.
    Empirical data supports my view quite well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    What about men? Do they suck at this as well? :o
    They fare a little better, but it is still not good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    How do you know he left her? Couldn't she leave him? Hmmmm...do I feel some sexist-ness going on? :
    I got you wrong then, I thought you were implying that he left her.
    Who leaves whom is not so important anyways, only the reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Trust me, men are far much more arrogant than women ever will be.
    I doubt, but anyways, I probably should have said unjustified arrogance, self delusions so to say

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Naive we may be, but, you know why? BECAUSE OF MEN.
    That's what I said, yet, they do not intend to let anyone help them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    But, you can judge a women? Hmmm again.
    In general, it is not so important to make such judgments for the man, since he isn't the one who gives himself into dependency.
    Still, they really seem to do better here, so yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    "too less knowledge of the ways of a man" seems arrogant in itself, don't ya think?
    Nope, I don't think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    You think we don't know. Your wrong. You ( men ) are the ones who can never figure out women.
    If women knew, and still made the wrong decisions, then I would assume it is they mean ill for our society.
    But no worries, so far that's not what I am leaning to.

    And women are not hard to figure out, the problem is that you depend on moods not will, and thus your behavior can change pretty quick, but other than that, we got it under control

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    How many families have you raised? :o
    Why do you want to steer the discussion to me as a person? It is not about me, and what I have done or not done, is irrelevant for the argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    That contradicts itself.
    How so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Best thing you said yet!!!! But still, will not always work.
    So? Who said it will always work?
    (You are lucky you didn't use one more exclamation mark, you know what they say about those people?)
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  6. #16
    Senior Member Mrs. Lyfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Location
    Where the mountains are
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Of course there might be exceptions, but for a general rule I don't have to know every single person, and every exception.
    Empirical data supports my view quite well.
    I don't know about this empirical data but I know about living life, and seeing what I have seen by others through living and I don't see so much negative as you might think.


    They fare a little better, but it is still not good.
    Totally disagree, if a child can only have one parent, it needs its mother, most would agree. Right Ya'll?

    If your thinking about money, and implying a man can provide better, untrue. If your thinking money is more important than love, untrue. The mother will make the money for her child and their needs just fine, the ones who don't...well thats another story. ( and who are not who I am referring to in my defense ) If your thinking anyone can love a child more than its mother, untrue. Most would agree, right ya'll ?


    I got you wrong then, I thought you were implying that he left her.
    Who leaves whom is not so important anyways, only the reasons.
    She leaves him, he leaves her, reasons of why, really don't matter either. What matters now is the two parents work together to insure this child's stableness and shown lots of love and equality from the parents. It can work out, and the child may just become a white man who loves his race, belongs to this forum and has a good career.

    I doubt, but anyways, I probably should have said unjustified arrogance, self delusions so to say
    I don't look at it that way...lol





    If women knew, and still made the wrong decisions, then I would assume it is they mean ill for our society.
    And, the men? :o

    And women are not hard to figure out, the problem is that you depend on moods not will, and thus your behavior can change pretty quick, but other than that, we got it under control
    MMMhmmm, only some do. IMO


    Why do you want to steer the discussion to me as a person? It is not about me, and what I have done or not done, is irrelevant for the argument.
    Don't intend to my apologies


    So? Who said it will always work?

    The world is still turning, something must be working.


    (You are lucky you didn't use one more exclamation mark, you know what they say about those people?)
    Actually, I don't.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

  7. #17
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    I don't know about this empirical data but I know about living life, and seeing what I have seen by others through living and I don't see so much negative as you might think.
    That's fine, of course in such a discussion it doesn't really matter if we just exchange our own experiences.
    The empirical data I was referring to is mostly biological in nature, e.g. that a daughter prefers the same T-cell variant in a man, her father has, but which she didn't inherit.
    This implies some interesting connection, which should not be cut in the first place, anyways, eventually we need experience (empirical data) to further see any impact on the grown up child of a single parent, so back to square one

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    If your thinking about money, and implying a man can provide better, untrue.
    I am thinking about hath a man can teach his kids way more than a woman, no matter her intelligence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    If your thinking money is more important than love, untrue.
    Hmm, no I am wondering, are you implying that a man doesn't love his children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    If your thinking anyone can love a child more than its mother, untrue.
    How do you measure this love? Or better put, what makes you say this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    She leaves him, he leaves her, reasons of why, really don't matter either.
    Idiotic twist of yours, it was about the question of guilt for the child's situation, the reason why one left another is of course important here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    It can work out, and the child may just become a white man who loves his race, belongs to this forum and has a good career.
    That does in no way implicate that it worked out.
    It is about character, primarily, and woman can't built that, surely not in a son.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    And, the men? :o
    Have no real choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    MMMhmmm, only some do. IMO
    Not all for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    The world is still turning, something must be working.
    Yes, the wrong thing.
    The world would still keep turning after a nuclear winter with all of us dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Actually, I don't.
    People who use five exclamation marks wear their pants on the head.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mrs. Lyfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Location
    Where the mountains are
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    That's fine, of course in such a discussion it doesn't really matter if we just exchange our own experiences.
    Of course not, thats what we are here for. :p


    The empirical data I was referring to is mostly biological in nature, e.g. that a daughter prefers the same T-cell variant in a man, her father has, but which she didn't inherit.
    This implies some interesting connection, which should not be cut in the first place, anyways, eventually we need experience (empirical data) to further see any impact on the grown up child of a single parent, so back to square one
    Last sentence I understood and laughed.

    I am thinking about hath a man can teach his kids way more than a woman, no matter her intelligence.
    Ya think? I know actually what you are saying, but, nah. True maybe, only one gender can teach their children somethings, but I know women who mechanic, and men who do gymnastics so to me anything is possible for the love of a child.

    Hmm, no I am wondering, are you implying that a man doesn't love his children?
    No. I am implying the nature of life and the mother carrying the child and being its mother is different than being the father.

    How do you measure this love? Or better put, what makes you say this?
    I am a mother.

    Idiotic twist of yours, it was about the question of guilt for the child's situation, the reason why one left another is of course important here.
    Idiotic not needed to respond. It has some importance but if its over its over, its time to move on and think and do positive. ( both parents )

    That does in no way implicate that it worked out.
    It is about character, primarily, and woman can't built that, surely not in a son.
    Yes we can. Just differently.


    Have no real choice.
    Life is full of choices.


    Not all for sure.
    Indeed.

    Yes, the wrong thing.
    The world would still keep turning after a nuclear winter with all of us dead.
    True.

    People who use five exclamation marks wear their pants on the head.
    I don't recall using five here, but I may have.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

  9. #19
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Ya think? I know actually what you are saying, but, nah. True maybe, only one gender can teach their children somethings, but I know women who mechanic, and men who do gymnastics so to me anything is possible for the love of a child.
    That is not what I meant, I was speaking about character building.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    No. I am implying the nature of life and the mother carrying the child and being its mother is different than being the father.
    Really? No matter what, if a child needs love and a father loves his child, then case closed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    I am a mother.
    Evidently you are no father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Idiotic not needed to respond. It has some importance but if its over its over, its time to move on and think and do positive. ( both parents )
    This is true, but for the question who has guilt, it is of importance. What you are talking about comes after.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Yes we can. Just differently.
    Of course, and it is the different style that gives the child the different (bad) character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Life is full of choices.
    You really drop some phrases here, then let it be full of choices, doesn't matter that a man has in this case only the choice of cancer or aids (metaphorical speaking of course ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    I don't recall using five here, but I may have.
    You used four, that's why I said you are lucky
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How Long Should Mothers Stay At Home?
    By Sigrun Christianson in forum Parenthood & Family
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Sunday, September 24th, 2017, 02:27 AM
  2. 'Don't Force Mothers to Stay at Home'
    By Nachtengel in forum Parenthood & Family
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sunday, February 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM
  3. Stay-at-home mother's work worth $138,095 a year
    By Blutwölfin in forum Parenthood & Family
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sunday, June 17th, 2007, 08:33 PM
  4. Men earn more when wives stay home
    By QuietWind in forum Men, Women, & Relationships
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Wednesday, June 22nd, 2005, 11:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •