Thread: Hallstatt Nordics in England

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hallstatt Nordics in England

Which English counties would have the highest proportions of Hallstatt Nordics in their local populations.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic American
    Ancestry
    Ireland/Scotland/Germany
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Politics
    Nationalist/Third Position
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hallstatt Nordics can be found anywhere in England and Britain I'm sure. But from what I have read, I think they are most common in the east of England. Can anyone verify that?

Last Online
    Friday, May 13th, 2011 @ 02:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    South Dakota South Dakota
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can't verify that... However, thinking logically, scandinavians came from (mainly) Norway and settled predominantly in the north east part of present day England. Which is why the English are usually more "germanic" than the other U.K. populations... Although the scottish and irish do have a small admix of nordic blood in their populations as well.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Consequently, one would assume then that the areas where Viking blood was strongest, and not the regions where Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and Celts where most representitive, are the places of highest Hallstatt Nordic influence. Thus, we can begin by looking at the area of England formally known as the Danelaw. Unfortunately, this was a very large piece of territory, so it doesn't narrow down the original question I asked, and that was which County in England has the highest proportion of Hallstatt Nordics.

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    Consequently, one would assume then that the areas where Viking blood was strongest, and not the regions where Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and Celts where most representitive, are the places of highest Hallstatt Nordic influence. Thus, we can begin by looking at the area of England formally known as the Danelaw. Unfortunately, this was a very large piece of territory, so it doesn't narrow down the original question I asked, and that was which County in England has the highest proportion of Hallstatt Nordics.
    You asked which counties, not which county. Two people speculated that the East of England would have more Nordics than other areas. I can't see the point of such unspecific questions. People try to help then you challenge the answer.

As well as the East to West and coastal-interior distinction, English who racially resemble Southern Scandinavians are more common in the middle and upper classes.

Lundman:

The British Isles are more Nordid in race in the eastern regions. This is to be expected from the history of settlement of these lands. In parts of the counties of York and Lincoln and in the lowlands of Scotland, the population is just as pronouncedly Nordid in race as in Sweden or Friesland. The poorer parts of Scotland and almost all Ireland become always more North-Atlantid in race toward the west. There are also local survivals of the Palaeo-Atlantid proto-stock. We find Mediterranean strains in the south of Wales, in some heath-regions of southwestern England, and in a few bogregions in the interior of Ireland. In earlier times marsh regions were more extensive in these parts of Ireland. Nowadays a higher frequency of blood type gene q is found in these areas of Ireland, which may perhaps be correlated with the Mediterranean racial strain.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Down

eyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEnglishNorman View Post
    You asked which counties, not which county. Two people speculated that the East of England would have more Nordics than other areas. I can't see the point of such unspecific questions. People try to help then you challenge the answer.

As well as the East to West and coastal-interior distinction, English who racially resemble Southern Scandinavians are more common in the middle and upper classes.

Lundman:
    Sorry Dude. It's just sometimes I get frustrated with this website and society in these PC days because nobody everwant's to give you a specific black & white answer on anything. Every time somebody does reply with something it's loaded with caveats and "cover your ass" type grey language. Jeesh, you'd think this site was run by a bunch of lawyers! Hey, but that quote from Lundman is just the type of specific answer I am looing for. Which text is it from?:o:eyes:

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 @ 03:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German,Irish/Scottish/English,Italian, and Old Dutch/Swedish colonial bloodlines
    Ancestry
    Germany,Ireland/Scotland, and Italy
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nord Atlantid
    Country
    Youth
    Politics
    Political Anarchist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Halstatts are rather rare in the British Isles are but most of them are of Germanic inspiration ranging from Anglo Saxon and Danish inspirations in East England. There are Halstatts in Scotland and Ireland as well due to most likely to the Norwegian Norse who entered into those areas. Last time I checked though the percentage of Halstatts in the British Isle was lower than 3% on average.

Last Online
    Friday, August 7th, 2020 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    State
    Utah Utah
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    Which English counties would have the highest proportions of Hallstatt Nordics in their local populations.
    Oh well, I can't go by counties but I can tell you by region which regions of England has the highest frequency of Hallstatt Nordids!

- East Midlands
    - East of England
    - South-East

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Friday, January 24th, 2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Hallstatt Nordid could ship to Britain with the Angles, Saxons, Jütes and Norsemen, because in the 1st–2nd century BC, the Ancient Germanics went to North, to Jütland and Scandinavia and they carried on the Hallstatt type there what has becomen the Norwegian-Swedish Göta Nordid.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfaz View Post
    Hallstatt Nordid could ship to Britain with the Angles, Saxons, Jütes and Norsemen, because in the 1st–2nd century BC, the Ancient Germanics went to North, to Jütland and Scandinavia and they carried on the Hallstatt type there what has becomen the Norwegian-Swedish Göta Nordid.
    Ironically the Anglo-Saxons were mostly Riehengraber stock as is typical for Migration Age W Germanics. The N and E Germanics were more clearly Nordid on average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast