Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Oh please. There may be something to say on the subject of the UFC watering down the rules from the original NHB days, but to try and claim the whole thing is faked like the WWE is ridiculous. People don't cut themselves, punches are not pulled, and anyone with a speck of intelligence can see that the high kicks that people throw do actually knock people out for real.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Obviously not a lot of well trained fighters and not a lot of intelligent fighters in the MMA. I think most people that are really good at martial arts or really intelligent are not going to go in the ring and get their head knocked around. That's honestly why I don't fight. I would like to train and do it for fun but I don't want to loose brain cells. So obviously the people fighting are usually people who don't have much to loose.
    MMA has world champion kickboxers, boxers, submission wrestling world champs, olympic judokas, BJJ world champions, and black belts of just about every art out there all fighting within it. Fedor Emelianenko became the national champion of both Sambo and Judo in his homecountry before he went into MMA.

The people fighting are making millions out of their athletic ability, which is a far more intelligent thing to do than spending your life mastering an art just to never use it.

And for someone going on about intelligence and brain cells you might want to check your spelling. It's 'lose' not 'loose'.

I would just love to see people do different styles like in the old days see some kung fu out there and some karate etc.
    They do, it's just that the vast majority of people whose sole training is in traditional martial arts like karate and kung fu do terribly at real fighting and never make it to the top. The sole exception would be Lyoto Machida, who is a top ranked fighter from a karate background.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 05:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The heyday of Pride was by far the best, but declined after the combined rules. You cannot seriously have an MMA match without the four-point attack, kicks to a downed opponent, etc. The only thing bad about Pride was the no-elbow rule and the silly boxing ring. The UFC was better when there was more blood, now it seems there is rarely ever blood. The fighters are more concerned with hugging and hand slapping every few minutes or so which completely ruins the fighter attitude--is this a fight or a soap opera? The worst thing about the UFC though is its terrible commentators. Why does he yell out his stupid opinions? Pride commentators were much more learned, professional and funny as hell. After all, MMA is entertainment. If someone who always falls down when he tries a high kick then it is appropriate to make a joke out of it. Really, anyone who cannot kick without falling down, usually wrestlers, doesn't belong in MMA. MMA seems to be dominated by one-dimensional fighters who merely wrestle, ground and pound, and occasionally throw a leg up for a triangle (really hard is it?), or box for three rounds.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 1st, 2010 @ 02:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    1/2 British 1/4 German 1/4 French
    Subrace
    Xanthochroi
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Pan-Northwestern European
    Religion
    Cosmotheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcynn Beorn View Post
    They do, it's just that the vast majority of people whose sole training is in traditional martial arts like karate and kung fu do terribly at real fighting and never make it to the top. The sole exception would be Lyoto Machida, who is a top ranked fighter from a karate background.
    Some of the very best fighters in the world come from a karate background. Andy Hug is obvious. Really good karate guys just don't compete in MMA. Most of the really good karate guys are in the Shotokan and Kyokushin organisations. They aren't sport oriented arts, and MMA is not "real fighting". However, when they do compete, they win--as Machida shows. And Machida isn't the sole exception--he's just an example of a top level Karateka. Liddell and St.Pierre are also champions based in Karate. They cross-train like everyone else, but Karate is their primary fighting style.

Last Online
    Friday, November 29th, 2019 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestr View Post
    Some of the very best fighters in the world come from a karate background. Andy Hug is obvious. Really good karate guys just don't compete in MMA. Most of the really good karate guys are in the Shotokan and Kyokushin organisations. They aren't sport oriented arts, and MMA is not "real fighting". However, when they do compete, they win--as Machida shows. And Machida isn't the sole exception--he's just an example of a top level Karateka. Liddell and St.Pierre are also champions based in Karate. They cross-train like everyone else, but Karate is their primary fighting style.
    Shotokan and Kyokushin are both intensely sport oriented arts, to say otherwise is a nonsense. And MMA is far closer to real fighting than Kyokushin is, let alone Shotokan.

Also, just because Liddell and St. Pierre trained in karate whilst children does not mean that karate is the reason they became champions. Liddell has absolutely nothing in his fighting style that looks karate, and St Pierre is most famous for his wrestling ability and athleticism. Machida is the only top level fighter who is based in karate.
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Thursday, July 1st, 2010 @ 02:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    1/2 British 1/4 German 1/4 French
    Subrace
    Xanthochroi
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Pan-Northwestern European
    Religion
    Cosmotheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcynn Beorn View Post
    Shotokan and Kyokushin are both intensely sport oriented arts, to say otherwise is a nonsense. And MMA is far closer to real fighting than Kyokushin is, let alone Shotokan.

Also, just because Liddell and St. Pierre trained in karate whilst children does not mean that karate is the reason they became champions. Liddell has absolutely nothing in his fighting style that looks karate, and St Pierre is most famous for his wrestling ability and athleticism. Machida is the only top level fighter who is based in karate.
    Traditional Shotokan is not a sport style whatsoever, and MMA is nothing like a real no-hold fight. In traditional Shotokan, they don't even wear gloves like they do in MMA; they just knock each other out.

Liddell trains in karate to this very day. His primary trainer for his UFC fights, is the same Kempo Karate instructor he's used all his life. St Pierre is certainly not known primarily for his wrestling, and athleticism isn't a fighting style I'm aware of. St. Pierre trained in Kyokushin for roughly 10 years. Many top MMA fighters are primarily Karate-based as far as their standup fighting.
    Last edited by Stormraaf; Thursday, September 24th, 2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: offensive conduct

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liddell trains in karate to this very day. His primary trainer for his UFC fights, is the same Kempo Karate instructor he's used all his life. St Pierre is certainly not known primarily for his wrestling (are you serious?), and athleticism isn't a fighting style I'm aware of. St. Pierre trained in Kyokushin for roughly 10 years. Many top MMA fighters are primarily Karate-based as far as their standup fighting.
    First of all Kempo isn't a traditional karate style, it's a hybrid fighting system that traces it's origins back to 1970's Hawaii. Secondly since his demolition of Hughes and Penn the talk about St Pierre has been about almost nothing other than his wrestling ability.

I said St Pierre is famous for his athleticism, but nowhere did i ever say that it was a fighting style.

Lastly, name these fighters.
    Last edited by Stormraaf; Thursday, September 24th, 2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: offensive conduct
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "I do boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, jujitsu -- that’s the four disciplines that I do. I also do sprinting and strength-conditioning."

Georges St-Pierre

http://uk.askmen.com/sports/bodybuil...tness_tip.html
    I AM BEOWULF!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 @ 12:32 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scott-Irish, German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Law Enforcement
    Politics
    Spanish Falange/New Christendom
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As we prepare for Armageddon, MMA can become distracting. It's awesome, but only ONE type of combat. White warriors need comprehensive fighting skills, i.e., weapons, as in GUNS.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 11th, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Polymagic
    Occupation
    Artwork
    Politics
    National conservatism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I love MMA, Marloes Coenen is godlike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUTDPE5y_s

Disipline, strenght, technique-skills, balance...she got it all.

Get to the kitchen and get her a beer guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12