View Poll Results: What level of Germanic pride do you require in a partner?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • He/she must be Germanic and be as interested in our culture as you are.

    51 29.31%
  • He/she must be Germanic and have some minimal appreciation for our culture.

    88 50.57%
  • As long as they're white and not listening to rap, it's OK.

    18 10.34%
  • I don't worry about that at all when choosing partners.

    17 9.77%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 105

Thread: Is It Essential That Your Partner is Pro-Preservationist? / Is Your Significant Other a Germanic Nationalist?

  1. #31
    Senior Member Thrymheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2009 @ 09:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Welsh/Scandinavian
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Gender
    Occupation
    student/Bar supervisor
    Politics
    mixed
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Fact is, a woman doesn't start anything where she wouldn't expect to get social acknowledgment from, this seems her only motivation.
    excuse me? so your saying that I won't do anything that won't get me a pat on the back? So the fact that my first degree was in engineering where the reaction when they saw me was "Oh your a girl and to then be ignored" was to get social recognition? So I go out into the woods for hours to pick things on my own so I can get social recognition, who from the trees? You know there are many things that I and other women do and don't expect any thanks for ,and therefore never tell about.

    I think that your argument can be perfectly well twisted around and applied to men, in fact it can be applied to any group animal.

    E.g. from here. Besides, this is very few information to disprove your search for acknowledgment. A social fabric is pretty complicated.
    Ah so I only believed this since I joined? Really how stupid a comment is that. This is the internet I don't class it as real life, people on here can't help me in reality.

    If she is scared of him, which pretty much means respecting him, this is absolutely enough to keep her "opinions" pretty stable actually, this would be one way that actually works
    What? I'm scared of spiders but I don't respect them.
    Look to history empires ruled by fear collapse and her opinions will change back to what she truly believes as soon as his fists are out of range.
    Cattle die, kinsmen die,
    the self must also die;
    but glory never dies,
    For the one who is able to achieve it.

    Sayings of the High One.

  2. #32
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    so your saying that I won't do anything that won't get me a pat on the back?
    No, you won't do anything where you can't get a pat on the back, whether it actually happens is something different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    You know there are many things that I and other women do and don't expect any thanks for ,and therefore never tell about.
    And now you want me to acknowledge this self-evident behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    I think that your argument can be perfectly well twisted around and applied to men, in fact it can be applied to any group animal.
    Yes and no, humans have the claim to be above animals, as in not fully controlled by mere instincts, most women have problems with this in this regard, as do have some men, indeed, however men also have their regular escapees In fact so regular that it would be wrong to group them as a whole to such behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    Ah so I only believed this since I joined?
    I don't know, but this is not the conclusion from what I said anyways, a better theory would be you only joined because you didn't get the hoped acknowledgment somewhere else

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    Really how stupid a comment is that. This is the internet I don't class it as real life, people on here can't help me in reality.
    You truly underestimate the social effects of such a network. Believe it or not, but the internet is as much real life as writing letters or speaking at the telephone, simply because the participants are real people. Just because they are not near you, doesn't make them some sort of fantasy compared to reality.
    Nevertheless this point is pretty easily refuted by millions of counter examples of people that seek acknowledgment in the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    What? I'm scared of spiders but I don't respect them.
    Yes, you do. Respect means nothing else than to behave carefully in the presence of the respected person/thing, which is in almost all cases due to the fact of fear of the consequences if you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    Look to history empires ruled by fear collapse
    Could you name some that were ruled by fear, and some that were not?
    China is a pretty long lasting empire, and they are not known to be prissy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    ...and her opinions will change back to what she truly believes as soon as his fists are out of range.
    There is nothing she "truly" believes. She will just walk into the range of the fists of others (metaphorically speaking, I am not talking necessarily about physical violence).
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  3. #33
    Senior Member MockTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    So I go out into the woods for hours to pick things on my own so I can get social recognition, who from the trees? You know there are many things that I and other women do and don't expect any thanks for ,and therefore never tell about.
    You are an individual, with your own unique personality traits and temperament. No one ever said that there aren't individual exceptions; the main point is that the statement is true in wider general sense, as it applies to women collectively compared with men.


    I think that your argument can be perfectly well twisted around and applied to men, in fact it can be applied to any group animal.
    No it can't, and the reason is because the argument is concerned with the precise extent to which female behavior can be described in this way. The argument isn't about the fact that most social creatures are influenced by larger peer groups; the argument is about the fact that this affects women in a different way when compared with men. Specifically, women are much more susceptible to the dominant social norms and trends at any given time; they are less likely to break away from them and be openly defiant of social pressure.

    All social creatures are somewhat influenced by dominant trends. The issue is the disparate impact that this has on the different sexes.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 12:57 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish and French
    Ancestry
    Ireland, France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Family
    Widowed
    Occupation
    Homemaker
    Politics
    Liberal (I know, I'm a rarity)
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I feel it's very necessary. Thankfully my husband and I are 100% on the same page about the matter and discussed our feelings at length while we were still courting.

  5. #35
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nachtengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    5,916
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    94
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    763
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    My opinion on this can be summed up in four words: think of the children. The answer should be obvious.

  6. #36
    Senior Member BrynhildsFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 7th, 2017 @ 12:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German,Irish,Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Baden-Germany, Southern Ireland, Norway
    Subrace
    Dinarid+Bruenn+Alpinid
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    might as well be pakistan
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Hired gun
    Politics
    I try to think for myself
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    79
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It is not so important to me they are pro-preservationist but not anti. Also that they have not been with other females of different races. A healthy respect of ones own race will do fine for me. I know a lot of people who would not consider themselves pro-preservationists but at the same time want to seek out a female of there own race. Usually because they find them more compatible and able to build a stabler world for there children.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about shrapnel addressed to 'occupant'.

  7. #37
    Senior Member SaxonCeorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 07:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Posts
    418
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Is Your Significant Other a Germanic Nationalist?

    I'm curious how many of us have partners who are also interested in Germanic culture at some level, or if it's not something you worry about. Obviously, none of us would be dating some liberal self-hater who wants to adopt kids from Botswana, but do you demand a partner who is as interested in our heritage as you yourself are?

  8. #38
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,573
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,794
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,312
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Yes, My woman is very interested in Germanic culture.

    Although she is interested in different aspects of our culture than I am. She likes fashion, foods, language, literature, gardening,music, art, and everyday household/homemaking type of things.

    The political side of things she is not so interested in, but she does vote and has even been to a protest recently.

    On the racial issue she is very radical and barley can even stand the sight of hispanics, asians, and negroes, let alone see mixed race couples. She gives other women a very dirty look if she sees them with a mixed child or with a non-white man. She has went as far as not welcoming an old friend of hers into our house because the old friend dated a negro one time( meaning one date ).
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  9. #39
    Grand Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Location
    South Coast
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Posts
    5,040
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,584
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,592
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts
    My regards to your other half, Mr. B - she sounds a lovely lady!

    My wife is a little bit racist but I do wish she was more into Germanic culture as a whole. In fact, she's pretty clueless about world affairs in general and thought that half the world was White the other day .. missing the mark by about 42%

    Unfortunately she believes all she sees on the TV and reads in the papers, with a particular penchant for celebrity gossip, and she absolutely loves the soap operas. I'm afraid that politics and suchlike are not high on her list but she does tolerate my rants rather well, which is at least something

  10. #40
    Senior Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, December 26th, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German-Acadian
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    State
    Louisiana Louisiana
    Gender
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Posts
    224
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Neither of us is specifically a Germanic Nationalist, rather white nationalists (in the Old American sense of the term) who appreciate the Germanic (as well as the Celtic and Romance) aspects of our culture. We see it as part of a whole for us (For instance: we were raised speaking a Germanic language and reading its literature, dancing Celtic dances to Celtic music, and admiring French/Italian art).

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Free Speech Essential to Germanic Preservation?
    By Siebenbürgerin in forum Politics & Geopolitics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Friday, July 5th, 2019, 12:03 AM
  2. Nationalist, Pro-Germanic and Conservative Facebook Pages
    By Nachtengel in forum Parties, Organizations, & Activism
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, May 28th, 2016, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: Monday, February 27th, 2012, 12:20 AM
  4. Is Being Pro-Israel Contradictory to Being Pro-Germanic?
    By Æmeric in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Thursday, February 11th, 2010, 02:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •