Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Health, Fitness & Nutrition
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health, Fitness & Nutrition Discussion of medical health issues, workout and training schedules, nutrition and diets, anti-ageing & life-extension, drugs & pharmaceuticals. Bring your body where it has never been before.

Secret of Aging Found: Japanese Scientists Pave Way to Everlasting Life

Old Monday, June 11th, 2012   #21
Olavssønn

Ethnicity: Norwegian-Scandinavian
Ancestry: My known ancestry is Norwegian
State: Nordic Union
Politics: Identitarian
Religion: Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Don't any of you pro-"keeping this present body alive forever"-guys think it might be a little egocentric - and generally showing a lack of solidarity with the flow of generations that have characterized the life of our Folk since time immemorial - to preserve ones personal body at any cost, and thus occupy the space that might be given to a new member of the Folk?
Egocentrism at its worst...
"Man evolved in cooperating groups united by common cultural and genetic ties, and it is only in such a setting that the individual can feel truly free, and truly protected. Men cannot live happily alone and without values or any sense of identity…" - Alain de Benoist
Motpol.nu - Alternative Right - Arktos.com
Click here for a sound-track to my posts.
Olavssønn is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Olavssønn For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, June 11th, 2012   #22
Neophyte

Ethnicity: Scandinavian
Subrace: Nordic + some Atlantid
Family: Single adult
Politics: Blut und Boden
Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.Neophyte 's judgement is sought by kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olavsson View Post
Don't any of you pro-"keeping this present body alive forever"-guys think it might be a little egocentric - and generally showing a lack of solidarity with the flow of generations that have characterized the life of our Folk since time immemorial - to preserve ones personal body at any cost, and thus occupy the space that might be given to a new member of the Folk?
I do not believe in preserving the body, if anything I want to develop and improve it. What I want to preserve in consciousness. Regarding your second point, what I really want to achieve is space exploration and colonization. Then we can expand the race as much as we want.

What I think that we all should think about are all those challenges that will come from we ourselves directing our own evolution, in it becoming a directed and planned process rather than a random walk survival of the fittest. What do we want to become? And it is about time that this question is posed and answered as this is not a process that we want to enter blind, or have guided for us by the "usual suspects".
Neophyte is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neophyte For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, June 11th, 2012   #23
Wulfram

Ethnicity: Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
Subrace: Nordid
State: Texas
Politics: Far Right
Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.

Quote:
A "new member of the folk" will most likely become just like most Germanics of today, who are ignorant of their heritage, tolerant of enthic-mixing, immigration, diversity, etc. Instead we should extend the lives of the few that are left who are devoted to preserving the folk. Since they are the ones who understand our problems more than the rest then they would also be the most qualified to find a solution. If they live long enough perhaps a workable plan will eventually emerge that will save our people.
Wulfram is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, June 11th, 2012   #24
Olavssønn

Ethnicity: Norwegian-Scandinavian
Ancestry: My known ancestry is Norwegian
State: Nordic Union
Politics: Identitarian
Religion: Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Olavssønn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
I do not believe in preserving the body, if anything I want to develop and improve it. What I want to preserve in consciousness. Regarding your second point, what I really want to achieve is space exploration and colonization. Then we can expand the race as much as we want.

What I think that we all should think about are all those challenges that will come from we ourselves directing our own evolution, in it becoming a directed and planned process rather than a random walk survival of the fittest. What do we want to become? And it is about time that this question is posed and answered as this is not a process that we want to enter blind, or have guided for us by the "usual suspects".
Yes, that's definitely an interesting question. Let's just hope our enemies don't use all this new scientific knowledge and technology against us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfram View Post
A "new member of the folk" will most likely become just like most Germanics of today, who are ignorant of their heritage, tolerant of enthic-mixing, immigration, diversity, etc.
That depends on their upbringing, what kind of ideals and values they are taught. In fact: if the members of this forum have children, they will be brought up as honorable and aware individuals, valuing their heritage, identity and race. If all cultural marxists etc. attain immortality, they will be even a greater problem than they are today.

Quote:
Instead we should extend the lives of the few that are left who are devoted to preserving the folk.
We? Are we the ones who rule the West and can apply these technologies just as we want? I'm afraid not...

Let me just make it clear: I'm sure technology like this could be put to good (but moderate) use in a healthy society governed by honorable and loyal forces. But I can see a lot of problems arising when we begin to apply all this in our present, nihilistic world.
"Man evolved in cooperating groups united by common cultural and genetic ties, and it is only in such a setting that the individual can feel truly free, and truly protected. Men cannot live happily alone and without values or any sense of identity…" - Alain de Benoist
Motpol.nu - Alternative Right - Arktos.com
Click here for a sound-track to my posts.
Olavssønn is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olavssønn For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, June 11th, 2012   #25
Thunir
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: Anglo-Canadian
Ancestry: My ancestry hails from Scotland, Norway and England. I have minor Italian ancestry
Family: Married
Politics: Conservative
Thunir 's reputation has not travelled afar.

I hold to the belief that to extend human life unnaturally (in such a way as is elucidated in this article) is to debase it. My reasoning is that each stage of life may find itself robbed of the emotional depth our species gives to it; hence debasing, taking away. Such pursuits befit the soullessness of the Mongoloid or the Jew.
Thunir is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, June 11th, 2012   #26
Wulfram

Ethnicity: Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
Subrace: Nordid
State: Texas
Politics: Far Right
Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.Wulfram 's judgement is sought by kings.

Quote:
That depends on their upbringing, what kind of ideals and values they are taught.
Most of them are no longer being raised in the traditional manner by their parents anymore. The internet, fashion magazines, cheap thrill hollywood movies, etc, are now co-parenting each passing generation of Germanic children.

Quote:
In fact: if the members of this forum have children, they will be brought up as honorable and aware individuals, valuing their heritage, identity and race.
A few members from this forum would hardly make enough of a dent to influence the rest to act likewise.

Quote:
If all cultural marxists etc. attain immortality, they will be even a greater problem than they are today.
Yep

Quote:
We? Are we the ones who rule the West and can apply these technologies just as we want? I'm afraid not...
I never said or even hinted that we had the power, only speculating.

Quote:
Let me just make it clear: I'm sure technology like this could be put to good (but moderate) use in a healthy society governed by honorable and loyal forces. But I can see a lot of problems arising when we begin to apply all this in our present, nihilistic world.
If this technology is given to those who are honorable and loyal then it matters not if we live in an ideal time or this present nihilistic one. They will both still strive for the same results no matter what. Besides, if this were an ideal time to live in then such technology would not be needed in the first place.
Wulfram is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, June 16th, 2012   #27
Feyn

Ethnicity: Grandparrents Faroese, now live in germany
Ancestry: My grandparrents on mother side where faroese, my father was born in munich,
State: Baden-Wuerttemberg
Family: Single adult
Politics: no party affiliation
Religion: germanic heathen norse
Feyn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Feyn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Feyn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Feyn 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
I am more intrigued be the possibilities of scientists getting a much longer careers as this will enable them to amass more knowledge and in several fields and make use of it over a longer time. The dividends from education and competence development will skyrocket.

Imagine if it would become regular to gain dozens of PhDs over one's lifetime. Imagine if one and the same scientist could stay within a field for hundreds of years without dying or retiring, never losing that knowledge and those skills. The rate of technological development would accelerate beyond our wildest expectations.

Have you ever heard of genetic engineering? I am certain that we shortly will be able to produce athletes, even common people, who will outshine all of them combined. And without a doubt we will also be able to modify ourselves to accomplish those things.

I don´t think this will result in too much new research. If you look for example into quantum mechanics and it´s history you realize that most important discoveries are made by very young scientists (schrödinger, pauli etc. where all in their 20ies when making their big discoveries, everything that came after that was much less groundbreaking ) while the older guard was much more a hinderance then a help (well nils bohr was a help, but more as a mentor and defender then a researcher). Look for example at the solveigh conferences. The old guard under the lead of plankh and einstein wanted nothing to do with this new physics and argued against it with everything they had.
This is quite typical in research. Older scientists make discoveries that require lot´s of basic research, but not the really big breakthrough´s, that change a field or form a new one. You see older scientists are often too restricted and too conservative in their minds and their views on certain topics. To bring big changes this kind of thinking is simply not suited. In a way you could say they know too much, and thus think things are impossible, while the young guns havent heard yet it is impossible and thus try, sometimes successfully
Where those older scientists would be a big help is in interdisciplinary work, since they could get a really deep understanding of both fields, but even in these cases more as mentors for young guns then as people who are making the big breakthroughs themselves. They would be also very useful to get large datasets on certain things and analyze them for the young guns. There where quite many cases where this was needed in history. I just remind you of messier, who needed decades too study his nebula´s (originally he just wanted to exclude them on his hunt for comets, so he knew which objects he didnt need to observe any longer), but it was others who made big breakthroughs based on this, and the catalogue is still in use by astronomers today

Judging by it´s name common sense must once have been a pretty common thing. When and why did that change, so it became the rare treasure it is today???
Feyn is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feyn For This Useful Post: