Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 40,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 300 topic forums and browse from over 700,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Germanic Heathenry > Heathen Literature
Register FAQ Rules Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Heathen Literature Discussion of modern literary works from various Heathen authors and scholars relating to integral Germanic Heathen culture, spirituality, mythology, and history; discussion of published Heathen thought, history, and opinion.

"Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia" by Varg Vikernes

Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #31
Kauz R. Waldher
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Subrace: Don't know
State: Pennsylvania
Family: Single adult
Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Dweller View Post
Sigh... Varg Vikernes sees the gods as architypes and as symbolic deities reflective of the nordic soul. He does not take norse mythology literally but rather sees it as an expression of the ideals, morality and spiritual truths of the Germanic peoples. He sees our old ways as a way of life to live by alongside science and rationality and also as a way of preserving our identity and unifying Germanics as a people.
This is what I personally believe. Pretty damn close. Minus the "rational science" part. Because most science is bullshit. But I also believe in magick. I'm more of a "Gnostic Wotanist/Heathen" of the left-hand path. He is hypocritical in many ways, now putting all that i've read into perspective. He claims on his site that his theories are "all original". as we now know, that is very far from the truth. And his German bashing gets old. Not to mention that he's gone from a norwegian Nationalist to a "Russiophile", now to a "French Nationalist". It's all so confusing considering his views on blonde hair/blue eyed Scandinavian supremacy. And he should NEVER use the term "Atheist" to describe himself. Ever.
Looks like i'll have to buy this book after all. Just so I can see for myself.

Quote:
If I was to label him as anything I would put him under the category of a Wotanist.
I think he'd disagree. "Wotan" is the GERMAN Germanic expression of Odhinn. Varg doesn't think very highly of Germany. He doesn't like Von List either. He also bashed Gorsleben in response to an email I sent him on Gorslebens book. Not that i'm saying Gorsleben is dead accurate but, it just goes to show his contempt for the German interpretations of the modern era.
Kauz R. Waldher is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kauz R. Waldher For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #32
Irmingot

Ethnicity: Swedish
Ancestry: Scandinavian
Subrace: Nordid
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: None
Religion: Heathen
Irmingot has earned the respect of peers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauz R. Waldher View Post
Yep, I agree with Olavsson and Irmingot. All the way. Only except he never said that he was "never" a neo-nazi. He said he was. He denied Satanism though. But the whole atheist thing made me lose respect for him. A TON of respect.
I read that he includes the lyrics for the new record "Umskiptar" in english ONLY inside his new book. So, you have to buy his book to get the lyrics. For now anyway, obviously that'll change. He hates capitalism? I don't think so. He's a capitalist and an atheist. ALSO, he bashes anyone who doesn't have blonde hair and blue eyes, claiming they are all of a "mixed race". EVEN THOUGH he has brownish hair! My hair is as blonde as his, but do I list "blonde" as my hair color? No. It pissed me off when he made that comment.
He thinks blonde hair and blue eyes means "superior". It does not. Though i'm in agreement of it's significance and importance to preserve, it does not equal superior. And to say it's more beautiful is false as well. Though I personally believe that it is, many others do not necessarily. That is an opinion.
I was going to buy Varg's new book ... but I don't think I will now.
He has indeed denied that he was ever a "nazi", Volkwin probably knows where to find the interview where he does. I am quite certain I have seen him say so in other interviews and/or articles as well. It's just like he doesn't realize what he says can be found years later through a simple search on the Internet. "Oh, I have NEVER said that! Aldri!".

EDIT:
Here's just one place, where he denies that he have ever had anything to do with any "nazi organization", and ever being a "nazi": http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/07/04/m...psdom/7051663/

I løpet av disse åra har han blitt koblet til nynazistiske og rasistiske miljøer.

— Jeg har aldri stiftet eller vært medlem av slike organisasjoner. Eneste organisasjonen jeg er medlem av, er Riksmålsforbundet.

Means like:

During these years, he has been associated with neonazi and racist groups

- I have never started or been a member of any such organization. The only organization I am a member of, is Riksmålsförbundet

And:

— Jeg har aldri vært nazist, og er det heller ikke nå. Det er bare tull at jeg har startet rasistiske propagandagrupper.

Means like:

- I have never been a nazi, and I am not a nazi now. It is just a lie that I have started racist propaganda groups.

So, this man is not only a raving liar, he is obviously insane. As he believes that ANYONE would believe that, it's like.... Yes.. Madness.

I state once again, just to make myself clear: Everyone has their right to change their views, but for fuck's sake - be honest, be a man, and don't treat people like idiots.
Irmingot is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irmingot For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #33
Hersir
Hundhedensk
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Håløyg
Ancestry: Norway
Subrace: Nordid
Family: In a steady relationship
Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.

Quote:
I have never been a nazi

"Certainly I have experienced drugs; too often I have experiences how annoying others become when they take drugs... but no: I have never taken drugs myself. I am not that stupid."

"I am much scarier in real life, because I am - unlike the picture most have of me - real."

What do you think about skinhead movement?

"I guess it's a part of the immune system of the nation, and a natural reaction to an unhealthy development."

Hersir is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersir For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #34
velvet

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Northern Germany
Subrace: Faelid
State: North Rhine-Westphalia
Family: Married
Politics: Blut und Boden
Religion: Heathen Atheist
velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.

Do you have any thoughts on what happened in Norway in 93?

The awakening of heathendom. I did a lot to light the fire of our past. In spite of what other influential Black Metallers sought for I followed my own path to the glory of Odin. This caused some heavy reactions and almost a state of civil war between the Vikings and Euronymous' feeble "Satanists". We all know the results of this quick war. Euronymous is dead 'n ashes buried in christian soil 'n blessed by "God's" inept servants while the police 'n the ludicruous Christians have torn our scene apart with totally ridiculous anti Burzum propaganda and with ex Euronymous supporting informers giving false testimonies in the Vikings disfavour. '93 was a year of chaos, rivalry death and most of all survival for the fittest. Left am I with my growing armies of Vikings. '94 will be a year of re-organisation of the scattered heathen hordes - stronger than ever. The anti Burzum propaganda of the police have been very successful indeed. Everybody believes I brutally murdered the commie rat Euronymous and that I'm the bad guy while Euronymous was just an innocent victim of Burzum. This is pure fuckin bullshit and time will tell. In the meanwhile the propaganda bullshit florishes. I'll crush their lies spit on'em afterwards. The victory of Vikings is at hands. Odin lives forever, the one eyed Satan.

Today the scene with you and Burzum is a bit different, how do you see it? What does Burzum stand for today?

The same as always. Total destruction of christendom in Scandinavia. The scene is different in the way that we no longer use the word Satanism, but instead we use Heathendom as a term to identify us with. I think the same but speak more clearly. Equivocative speech have proven only to cause confusion, thus I elucidate my views with clear speech to avoid erronous interpretations and misconceptions by the foul masses. Heathendom or Satanism, why not say Heathendom anyway?

from Slayer magazine somewhen early 94.
====================

Additional info: the "Satanist terrorists" (or the "activists" of the inner circle) was right from the start diverse in beliefs, with Euronymous the religious Satanists clashing heavily with Varg, who took Satan literally (Satan= enemy, adversary) and equalling him with Odin, because this is what the christian church did, making our gods "Satan" or "enemy of (their) god".
Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature
velvet is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #35
Kauz R. Waldher
Account Inactive

Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Kauz R. Waldher 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

"Additional info: the "Satanist terrorists" (or the "activists" of the inner circle) was right from the start diverse in beliefs, with Euronymous the religious Satanists clashing heavily with Varg, who took Satan literally (Satan= enemy, adversary) and equalling him with Odin, because this is what the christian church did, making our gods "Satan" or "enemy of (their) god".

I kind of agree here. I have also related to Odhinn to "Lucifer", not Satan. Satan is gay. Lucifer could very well represent Odhinn, if you think of who "he" is and what "he" represents. A raging primal force, bearing light and wisdom. It's one the of the very few ways that one can acknowledge the existence of yahweh and Wotan at the same. Think about it. Either yahweh doesn't exist, never did ... or he/it does and Wotan is his enemy. Which would make Wotan in fact "Lucifer". If you read what Lucifer is/represents you may see the correlation. I don't doubt the existence of yahweh. I just wage war against him.
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #36
velvet

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Northern Germany
Subrace: Faelid
State: North Rhine-Westphalia
Family: Married
Politics: Blut und Boden
Religion: Heathen Atheist
velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.velvet is a deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauz R. Waldher
I kind of agree here. I have also related to Odhinn to "Lucifer", not Satan. Satan is gay. Lucifer could very well represent Odhinn, if you think of who "he" is and what "he" represents. A raging primal force, bearing light and wisdom. It's one the of the very few ways that one can acknowledge the existence of yahweh and Wotan at the same. Think about it. Either yahweh doesn't exist, never did ... or he/it does and Wotan is his enemy. Which would make Wotan in fact "Lucifer". If you read what Lucifer is/represents you may see the correlation. I don't doubt the existence of yahweh. I just wage war against him.
I'm not sure whether I want to agree that Lucifer = Prometheus = Odin. Both Lucifer and Prometheus would be rather of a fully giant nature when you put them into the Norse mythological context, Odin is not of a giant nature though. So there are some discrepancies in that interpretation.

But that aside, you should really look what "Satan" means within the Jewish religious environment. Satan is not = Lucifer, Satan is a concept rather than any form of a deity. It's the enemy of Israel. Who this enemy was varies from time to time, Rome, Babylon, Assyria, etc, depending on the era. Likewise YHWH is no deity, the Jews killed their entire pantheon of gods. YHWH is the Jewish folk soul, depersonified and deified, and the carrier of the idea of Israel (in western interpretation commonly referred to as paradise) on Earth (compare, for a simpler form of the same concept, the Islamic Houses Dar-al Islam etc). It is a very western problem to mix up those concepts, because westerners commonly try to interprete what is said. Jews dont interprete, they mean literally. They lack entirely any artistic or metaphysical understanding, let alone talent. That is why "christians" study, like the Jews, their scripture over and over again to find "hidden meaning", "enlightenment" or whatever else they are made to believe to find there. Now, when a Jews speaks about Israel on Earth, he means that. It is Jewish dominance over the beasts (which includes explicitely every non-Jew) and the World. New World Order, anyone? However, Satan can be everyone (person, folk, nation, Hitler, Odin, you name it) who oppose Jewish supremacy.
Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature
velvet is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #37
Bearkinder

Ethnicity: Scandinavian/German
Ancestry: Scandinavia/Germany
Politics: Right-wing conspirator
Bearkinder is noble of speech.Bearkinder is noble of speech.

It is a common misconception, thanks to the King James (mis)translation that Lucifer is a name, it's not. It's a transliteration of the latin Luciferis, meaning morning star. Even in the King James Lucifer is found once, in the dual prophecy of the fall of the king of Tyre likened to the fall of Satan.

Following the nature of things, Satan is indeed closest to Loki, including his binding.
Bearkinder is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #38
Volkwin

Ethnicity: Fälish
Ancestry: Frankish
Volkwin 's reputation has not travelled afar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irmingot View Post
EDIT:
Here's just one place, where he denies that he have ever had anything to do with any "nazi organization", and ever being a "nazi": http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/07/04/m...psdom/7051663/
He sure has a thing with the word "aldri" (never):
  • Jeg har aldri bedt om hjelp.
  • Selv har jeg aldri rørt alkohol eller medikamenter.
  • Det er ganske ironisk å tenke på at jeg aldri drømte om noen form for berømmelse eller beryktelse.
  • Jeg var truet av hans planer, men det var aldri min plan å drepe.
  • Jeg har aldri stiftet eller vært medlem av slike organisasjoner.
  • Jeg har aldri vært nazist, og er det heller ikke nå.
Volkwin is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volkwin For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #39
Kauz R. Waldher
Account Inactive

Yes, I agree. I do not believe YHWH is floating through space (or whatever) in a certain form. I absolutely mean as a "force" or collective spirit (or energy). I do not think Wotan is directly linked to Lucifer or YHWH. I just mean that Wotan is always on the journey seeking wisdom. Infinite wisdom. And "wisdom" is exactly what YHWH forbade. Is it not? Wisdom = Gnosis. Everything Wotan is, YHWH represents the opposite. "Bearer of Light" and Wisdom. Not light as in brightness. But light as in being AWAKENED. Aware of what YHWH wants to remain a secret. That of which is, God/divinity lies within. Bottom line ... it is esentially "us vs. them". The semites versus the Germanics. YHWH versus Wotan. In the final battle.

It is obvious YHWH exists. Simply observe the vile nature of his followers. It is the highly destructive force that is "spinning the planet" right now.
Old Saturday, January 28th, 2012   #40
Kauz R. Waldher
Account Inactive

Wotan - "Stone Giants"

The stones rise in the foggy plain
Laid by giant hands
Gave us from a mysterious age
Silent witness of the ancient rites
Creatures of hell or mortal men
Who was the creator of this?
Whim of giants of human force
Only the ancestors know these secrets

[Chorus:]
Mighty stones for the gods
In a timeless place