Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Fashion & Beauty
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fashion & Beauty Forum dedicated to topics covering fashion & beauty. Discuss your favorite designers, styles & trends and share useful tips & tricks. Debate aspects of health related to beauty & fashion.

View Poll Results: Do you think tattoos are aesthetical?
I think it looks good on both men and women. 3 25.00%
I don’t think it looks good on either gender. 4 33.33%
I think it looks good on men but not on women. 0 0%
I think it looks good on women but not on men. 0 0%
Other(please elaborate) 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Are Tattoos Aesthetical? What is Your Opinion?

Old 1 Week Ago   #461
The Aesthete

Ethnicity: Anglo-Australian
Politics: Nordish Preservationist
The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.

Thumbs Down

Both have good points, but both are starting to land below the belt.

White Oleander
The Aesthete is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #462
Juthunge
Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall.
Herþra

Ethnicity: German
Subrace: Keltic Nordid-CM
Personality: INTJ/INTP
Religion: GNON
Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.Juthunge is a sage.

I think, even if one disagrees with tattoos, which I largely do myself, we have to differentiate between different kinds and amount of tattoos, as well as the motivation behind them, to be honest.
I don’t think it’s a simple matter of black and white in this case(is it ever?).

A a few hypothetical cases:

If someone gets...
  • A tattoo with the names of his/her lifetime partner or children in it, it’s probably simply an expression of love. Although it’s a bit cliché.

• A crude Swastika tramp stamp or a KZ(no joke, happened in Germany), it’s probably mostly an expression of stupidity and a sign, that the actual political conviction can’t be that great.

• A military tattoo, when he actually served, it’s a sign of comradeship.

• A tattoo merely saying “peace” or something similar, especially with some Chinese/Japanese/Arabic characters, usually even incorrectly done, it’s probably a sign of shallowness and a deficient intelligence quotient.

• A, well done and thought out, Pagan/Christian symbol, it’s probably a sign of devotion to his/her believes.

• A tattoo, of any kind, covering large parts of the body, and especially the face or neck, it’s probably a sign of extreme attention seeking, insecurity and stupidity.

As we can see, there are gradations and even if we find it generally unaesthetic, one has to admit, that some tattoo executions and amounts are less bad than others and some motivations aren’t bad at all.
And I personally have enough faith in (current) Skadites, that they won’t have any of the wrong ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juthunge For This Useful Post:
Old 5 Days Ago   #463
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
Subrace: Borreby + Atlantonordoid
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Natural Order.
Religion: Odinist
Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent, original and thought-provoking contributions over a period of several years; outstanding performance as a moderator and active participation in the Staff Forum; repeated defense of Skadi and its staff on Skadi Forum and on other sites. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
means more of our women are socially pressured to get them and uglify their bodies, which means fewer women who will fit that untainted motherly figure most of us would prefer to bear our children.
This is interesting. Some of my comrades' and associates' wives have three, four or five sweet well-behaved children with good Germanic forenames and some of them have select, hidden, meaningful tattoos whilst still looking like good, normal Germanic women devoid of all the typical degeneration.

The fact your ideal vision of an 'untainted motherly figure' hasn't arrived whilst I know several examples of Germanic mothers of multiple children who do have tattoos without being absolute degenerates IMHO highlights you have an unrealistic expectation of reality.

At any rate, I'll dare you to tell their husbands that the mother of their children is a degenerate because they have small, hidden and meaningful tattoos. If that's the way you're going about life, good luck in getting acceptance from your fellow preservationist.

If we're going to exclude everyone with tattoos, dyed hair, listening to music other than March music, beards, for smoking or drinking in moderation (these two habits being things that those engaging therein should be encouraged to break but not forcibly so), for watching mainstream TV shows every odd week, for wearing make-up, for drinking from plastic bottles or any of the aforementioned likes from our ranks altogether --- we might just as well mass-suicide and hope we end up on some space-ship.

Let's judge a person by their merit as a whole (i.e. naturally if they engage in every degeneracy, they have no place - but let's not exclude people because they're not our ideal people shaped from clay or sth), not by some lifestyle choice we believe is detrimental. We're hardly in the position as a people to decide we're going to oust someone from our ranks because we don't like the shirt they wear.

Quote:
Tattooing is not "art." It's vandalism of the human body.
So is wearing ear-rings or dyeing your hair. We've been through this before on this board, haven't we? What was it again, concentration camps for people who dye their hair?

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)
Sigurd is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post: