Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Genealogy & Ancestry DNA
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Genealogy & Ancestry DNA Personal Genomics Results, study of ancestry, tracing of family lineages and history.

View Poll Results: What generation are you a part of?
G.I. Generation 0 0%
Silent Generation 0 0%
Baby boomers 1 6.67%
Generation X 6 40.00%
Generation Y (Millennial) 7 46.67%
Generation Z (Post-Millenial) 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Generations

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
notheywillnot

Ethnicity: Icelandic
Ancestry: Icelandic & Scandinavian
Subrace: Skandonordid with minor CM
State: Reykjavik
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Youth
notheywillnot has earned the respect of peers.

I was born in the late 90s making me Generation Z.

My generation seems to span from young people who just entered adulthood to young kids still in school. My generation is still being formed by today's world. The people of my generation embrace modernity but are arrogant due to us having little understanding of the real world.

In hopes of being able to answer your question about why post-millenials: I think that one of the greatest makers of the generation is that we are still enjoying life at youth. The "younger older-half" is aware of politics but do not bother enough to express themselves publicly probably because our lives are not being much affected by politics directly; many of us do not get direct politcal information but rather through social media; my friend and I often discuss politics and express our political views with our other friends and acquaintances, but never publicly. The oldest of our generation have just taken their step into true adulthood and need to focus their time on matters such as education, work and getting started in life and in their spare time they prefer relaxing and enjoying youth (hanging out, going out with friends etc..).

I can get along with millennials and the mid and older half of the post-millennials (I don't really get along with the younger ones). I have a small overlap with the X generation but nothing significant.

My parents are from Generation X.

I have a question. I've noticed that I am very young compared to some of you and wanted ask how young do users get here / how young are the youngest users here in the community
notheywillnot is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to notheywillnot For This Useful Post:
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
Catterick

Ethnicity: Mixed Germanic and Celtic
Ancestry: British Isles & Scandinavia
Subrace: Borreby x Nordic
State: Mercia
Family: Single adult
Religion: Life-centred, Pagan Unitarian
Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.

These generations are arbitrarily defined, and honestly the assumption is bogus. Social changes affect pretty much all of society simultaneously.

Its the sociological counterpart of MBTI tests in psychology - junk people think of as though it were fact.
Catterick is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Catterick For This Useful Post:
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Chlodovech
Arbeid adelt
Witenagemot

Ethnicity: Flemish
Ancestry: Frankish
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Religion: Roaming Catholic
Chlodovech has disabled reputation

Before I knew the generation of my dad was called "the Silent Generation", I already had come up with that term myself, it seemed so apt. They're silent. They never caused a ruckus. They're conservatives at heart. These people were born too late to fight in WW2 or to even have conscious memories of it. The hero generation, the veterans of WW2, should've teamed up with the Silents and crushed the Babyboomer insurgency. The Heroes could've given the Silents leadership. I know the generation of my dad fairly well and my conclusion is that leadership is mainly what these fellows lack(ed).