Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Everything About Reputation Points

Old Monday, March 8th, 2004   #11
cosmocreator

Subrace: Other
Politics: Living in the real world
cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.

Post Re: Reputation points

I was going to make a new thread on rep points but I'll just do it here.

I think the reasons people give rep points are as varied as there are people. Initially (like 6-12 months ago), I only gave points to intelligent posts. And I rarely gave them to anybody. Lately, I've been going to the bottom of the list and giving them to people who have little or none. Sort of raising them out of oblivion. If you're in the top 10, especially if you have 1000+ points, I won't give reps points irrespective of posts. Just see no point to it. In the past, if anybody ever gave me negative points, I'd search through that person's posts and find one I could give them negative points on. I never got negative points from them again.

I think, as of today, I'm going to start giving negative points to everyone. That doesn't mean I'll be giving negative points to good posts. I suggest everyone do the same. Rate every post if you want. This way, it's based less on favoritism. It's more honest, more realistic, more dynamic.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Last edited by cosmocreator : Monday, March 8th, 2004 at 06:38 AM.
cosmocreator is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, March 8th, 2004   #12
Ominous Lord Spoonblade

Subrace: shape-shifter
Politics: pride and power
Religion: I built the pyramids
Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.

Rep points are for just fun. It will be like that on this forum always. Too bad.
I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.
Ominous Lord Spoonblade is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, March 8th, 2004   #13
cosmocreator

cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla
Rep points are for just fun. It will be like that on this forum always. Too bad.

Then we can assume no one is going to mind getting negative points.

Old Monday, March 8th, 2004   #14
Ominous Lord Spoonblade

Subrace: shape-shifter
Politics: pride and power
Religion: I built the pyramids
Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.Ominous Lord Spoonblade is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmocreator
Then we can assume no one is going to mind getting negative points.
whatever happens, happens.
I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.
Ominous Lord Spoonblade is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, March 8th, 2004   #15
cosmocreator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla
whatever happens, happens.

So you read the message in the negative points I gave you. Some members are easier to give to than others. Nordhammer and Frans are two that are difficult. Not due to favoritism but just difficult to find posts that are worthy of negative points. I'll be keeping a close eye on them.

Old Thursday, March 18th, 2004   #16
cosmocreator

Njord, did you change the rep points? Seems before when someone gave you points it used to be about 35 points. Now it's 4.

Old Thursday, March 18th, 2004   #17
Demigorgona

Subrace: Nordid
Politics: Creator
Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.

hmm I tend to only give good rep and then only for good posts and i try to only give rep to people who arent j o o lovers. :>

Maybe I will start giving negative rep to the j o o lovers though.
Demigorgona is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2004   #18
gorgeousgal2k2
Account Inactive

Subrace: other
Politics: dunno
Religion: reform judaism.
gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.

I tend to only give good rep for posts that make me laugh or that i agree with. I will give good rep to people who don't like me if they make a good post or one that makes me smile.

I tend to give bad rep to posts that i find totally out of order - but i don't really give them that much.

By the way, why do some reputation points increase ur rep by like 20 points, but others only increase it by 9 or under?
gorgeousgal2k2 is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2004   #19
Demigorgona

Subrace: Nordid
Politics: Creator
Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.Demigorgona is considered wise by the elders.

It goes by if you are a moderator or not, or admin or not ... how many posts you have --> 1000 posts = 1 more rep point you can give, how long you have been on --> 1 year = 1 rep point you can give and how many green dots you have --> 1 green dot = 1 rep point you can give.
Demigorgona is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2004   #20
gorgeousgal2k2
Account Inactive

Subrace: other
Politics: dunno
Religion: reform judaism.
gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.gorgeousgal2k2 is considered wise by the elders.

cool, thanx
gorgeousgal2k2 is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote