Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

On the Types of Discussions on the Forums

Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #21
Bernhard
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Dutch
Ancestry: Limburgian (Rhine-franconian)
Subrace: sub-nordid?
State: Limburg (NL)
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
So on the one hand we had trivial topics and on the other we had amateur-amateur-amateur anthropology.

Hey, the real good new folks, is there is a solution. All you guys who don't like me complaining about the sewing circle, all you have to do is get together and ban me. It should be no problem for you and it will not be one for me either.

As often said, I am here to point out Germanic preservation threatening issues. If you don't like that, take action. Meanwhile, nothing is preventing you or any of the other whiners from posting all the sewing circle posts you wish.
Your position on this matter as such is no problem and you're free to discuss it.
But I'm still wondering how discussing Germanic family life does not help to preserve the Germanic identity and classifying random individuals does.

For one may call the World a Myth, in which bodies and things are visible, but souls and minds hidden. -Sallustius-
Bernhard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bernhard For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #22
Shadow

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
State: Cape Province
Family: Youth
Religion: none
Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
Your position on this matter as such is no problem and you're free to discuss it.
But I'm still wondering how discussing Germanic family life does not help to preserve the Germanic identity and classifying random individuals does.
It is an issue of importance. Someone posted something on Icelandic religion. This is important because it is deep Icelandic culture. In humans there is a feedback loop between biology and culture so anything which promotes the culture of a particular people also promotes their biology. But religion is a big, big thing for human beings. Sewing circle issues are not. It is a matter of priorities. You are not going to have a national costume if your country is swallowed up by invasion. You cannot stop this until you name and acknowledge the issue. You cannot force national leadership to change until you, yourself have a clear understanding and pinpoint definitions of the problem. From all I can gather, most Europeans and most Americans do not have anything like this understanding. This includes Skadi.

Typological anthropology is not something I am interested in or do on my own. When I was 19 years old, yes, but I grew up. Typology is 1930s anthropology, full of problems, with only a weak correlation to phylogeny. Typology is at best entertainment. I complained about the way this was done at Skadi for years. When someone does it right, showing full profile, half profile, maybe more, age, height, weight, and any measurements they have----and are then ignored, well, it is impolite and insulting not to give that person the attention they deserve for this effort. I would be fine with getting rid of typology altogether.
Shadow is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, August 17th, 2016   #23
Catterick

Ethnicity: Mixed Germanic and Celtic
Ancestry: British Isles & Scandinavia
Subrace: Borreby x Nordic
State: Mercia
Family: Single adult
Religion: Life-centred, Pagan Unitarian
Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.

Shadow and I are both saying that we need deeper discussions. But he wants more politics and I'd rather avoid it. There are other sites for that. And I don't mind superficial threads. But he does.

Online politics is scarcely deep as Shadow says unless its deep theory or analysis of current affairs. Usually people feel (rightly) angry by the news, come online, shake their fists, the tone gets more negative - but still no real world change. Escapism is better. Into history, science and even "sewing circle" things.
Catterick is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, August 20th, 2016   #24
Thusnelda
Lost in Melancholia
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Bavarian tribe
Ancestry: Bavarian
Subrace: Nordid-Borreby
State: Bavaria
Politics: Regionalist-conservative
Religion: Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
Shadow and I are both saying that we need deeper discussions.
Yes, we could need deeper discussions but also topics like "knitting circle" must have their place! It has always been that way. There needs to be a bit of a gossip or chitchat place. And "yes", deeper discussions.

But deeper discussions doesn´t mean topics about Iranids, Indians and other Asian people... It´s irrelevant and I think you follow conspirarcy theories to connect Germanic heritage with dubious, Asian people.

I think we don´t need SUCH discussions! They don´t attract people. Sorry to say that, but about 50% of your posts have no signifcant relevance for us Germanic community. You have more potential, so show it.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thusnelda is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thusnelda For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, August 20th, 2016   #25
Catterick

Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.Catterick is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
But deeper discussions doesn´t mean topics about Iranids, Indians and other Asian people... It´s irrelevant and I think you follow conspirarcy theories to connect Germanic heritage with dubious, Asian people.
The anthropology sections, always were like that. It made them popular in the past. And its not irrelevant - unless you think you're ancestors existed in some cultural vacuum. No, mainstream scholarly studies are not "conspiracy theory". No one discusses ON religion at the moment - if you think those threads have potential, care to comment. I have been getting upvotes and rep for the threads I made, its just no one replies...
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2016   #26
Shadow

State: Cape Province
Family: Youth
Religion: none
Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

There have been a couple issues raised here. Catterick and I take a long perspective view. In order to understand your tribe's or even your individual position within the scheme of things a kind of pidgin-holing of information is necessary. In order to be able to do that the a wide frame of knowledge is necessary. So, for instance, Catterick interests herself in anthropology as a whole archaeology, cultural anthropology , human evolution, as well as biology (genetics), psychology, religion and the history of religion and human history in general.

I'm old so only have time for physical anthro., biology, some genetics etc. We all have an interest in these things to some extent. But to focus on only the surface aspects of culture means you may know these perfectly yet be unable to set them in any context. How would you set the culture of the Bavarians into any sort of context without knowing of the cultures of the other Germanic tribes? How do you set Germanic tribes into any context without knowing of the Celts or the Italics or the Slavs, etc. How do you set them into context without knowing something of the history, origin and anthropology of the Indo-European peoples?

You see where this is going, how do you set the Indo-European peoples in context without knowing their world and their neighbors? How do you set Europeans into context without knowing of other humans and the history-evolution specific to Europeans?

Someone told me once you don't really learn English until you learn a foreign language. It is the same idea.

If you want to focus on little aspects of a specific Germanic culture like costumes and food, fine. But you can only learn little things from such a focus. And such minute cultural study should you try to push aside larger issues and a larger focus?

When Thusnelda says of Catterick: " I think we don´t need SUCH discussions! They don´t attract people. Sorry to say that, but about 50% of your posts have no signifcant relevance for us Germanic community."

This is completely backwards. Catterick's posts do attract people. On the other hand the sewing-circle mentality drove me away years ago. I don't want to embarrass Catterick but the most common criticism of her on other forums is "I don't understand what you are talking about". She is an abnormally bright person, and she sometimes posts in jargon and shorthand in that field and so people here have to realize that she actually dials it back for us or we would be lost even if our specialty is the field in which she is posting.
Shadow is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2016   #27
Primus
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ancestry: Albion.
Subrace: Alpinid
State: New York
Personality: ISTJ (The Inspector)
Politics: Republicanism, traditionalism.
Religion: Roman Catholic
Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.

Skadi runs itself, generally-speaking. I am, I think, the lone 'oddball' Catholic on a forum that does not have much to say that is positive about Catholicism.
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2016   #28
Primus
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ancestry: Albion.
Subrace: Alpinid
State: New York
Personality: ISTJ (The Inspector)
Politics: Republicanism, traditionalism.
Religion: Roman Catholic
Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.Primus is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
Yes, we could need deeper discussions but also topics like "knitting circle" must have their place! It has always been that way. There needs to be a bit of a gossip or chitchat place. And "yes", deeper discussions.

I think we don´t need SUCH discussions! They don´t attract people. Sorry to say that, but about 50% of your posts have no signifcant relevance for us Germanic community. You have more potential, so show it.
Why be sorry? I am not sorry when I speak 'bout the Anglo-Americans and what my folk have done in the world (good and bad).

Masonic bullshit and propaganda doesn't convince me one bit. You folks in Germany have had enough since 1945; it's time to join the Anti-NWO.
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2016   #29
Ahnenerbe
Spirit of the Reich
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Volksdeutscher
Subrace: Atlantid
Y-DNA: I-M170
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Polyamory
Politics: Negative Population Growth
Religion: Vedic / Armanist
Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.Ahnenerbe 's judgement is sought by kings.

First of all, the concept of "preservation" is not to be taken literally. Look how many Germanic groups have come and gone already. Ethnic groups arise (through a lot of pain), they thrive for a few centuries, and then disappear. Our civilization is now disappearing - you can either cling to its corpse, or you can prepare for the new one

That's what all the 20th century researchers (of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute (KWI) and others) were looking for: the primordial source of all tradition and knowledge, in order to regenerate our current society.

The whole point is to understand the primordial sources of our culture (which can be as far as 'Aryan' times) - which enables us to create a new ethnogenesis, adapted to the times.

Whereas most people who today are interested in these things have a "fearful middle class" mentality where they simply withdraw on themselves and what they already know (or think they know)... Hence the obsession with "politics", "countries", etc - They can't see past their familiar framework of reference. They are commoners who just want to be "taken care of" by some government instead of evolving.

Simply put, how come the Yezidis and countless other groups have no problem "preserving" their ethnicity, yet 2-300 million Germanics do?

Likewise, how come 1% of Jews manage to end up with the highest IQs in the world and bully 99% of the so-called "master race"?

So it's not a matter of numbers of our population, of "closing borders" etc, it's rather a matter of quality and/or of social structures / system of values. We need to totally reform our social structure, while increasing the quality of our population.

Numbers is what you rely on when you have nothing else, which puts you at the level of the Moslems, for instance, who like to brag how they are going to take us over through demography.

While in reality only a handful of Germanic scientists would be enough to create the technologies or the social engineering necessary to cleanup the whole mess.

We have exposed how the "just make White children" thing is the biggest fallacy of the WN movement, where people who have little control over what is happening in their lives, use "children" as the ultimate crutch. They obsess about children, yet very often end up with the first sexual partner they coud find, without any screening of any kind...

If they knew some basics of Physical Anthropology and Medical Genetics testing, they might have better children. But only Jews and Asians seem to care about that, while Whites/Germanics just take the emotional approach to it like all the primitive races - "as long as I have children, I'm fine..."

Likewise, the whole immigration thing is the result of an inherent weakness in White populations which makes them bow down to their invaders, and to all low-quality people in general (in a word, Cultural Marxism - whoever has an obvious defect is worshiped and artificially propelled, while smart and healthy people are artificially put down, since they are accused of having some kind of undue "privilege").

So it's very much a matter of reforming our social structures and system of values (hence the importance of ideology, anthropology, comparing ourselves with other races and ethnicities, etc). We need to rewild.

For example, Jews have a high ability to self-organize privately through countless organisations, associations, clubs, etc. While the dumb White boy simply relies on "political parties", "elections", etc. like the goyim (cattle) they are.

Even the Meds, when they immigrate to the North, they connect with their cousins, pool some money together, start a restaurant, invest in real estate... and in a couple of years, the local Germanics are working for them! With Whites, everybody just sits in his corner with wife-and-children, painfully saves a bit of money and gets drunk on weekends with a bunch of fake "friends" that will never have their backs...

The first thing a Germanic encounters on his way when he tries to do something, is another Germanic giving him a morality lesson ("You shouldn't do that, because... [insert some moralistic principle there]"). This attitude is systematic among us. The White man is an individualistic, moralistic coward.

This is the elephant in the room, and the main issue we need to address.
Ahnenerbe is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ahnenerbe For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2016   #30
Catterick

The conservative attitude is indeed a problem, because it stands in the way of the transvaluation of values. The right's status as gatekeepers for the left is why they became "cucked" so easily, as they see it, at least liberal agendas are Western not Russian or Moslem (that is, liberalism is seen as implicit whiteness...)

Attacking the right is a means, destroying the left is the goal. Now its rare I talk about politics, but, I feel that has to be said...
The Following User Says Thank You to Catterick For This Useful Post: