Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

On the Types of Discussions on the Forums

Old Monday, August 15th, 2016   #11
Siebenbürgerin
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Transylvanian Saxon
Subrace: Alpinid/Baltid
State: Transylvania
Politics: Ethno-Cultural
Religion: Lutheran
Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.Siebenbürgerin 's wisdom is legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
True that 2.0 was less interesting than 1.0 for me but I mean it less perjorative than you think. To each their own.
I won't speak for Bärin but I've also senced pejorative intentions with the use of phrases like knitting and sewing circle. It's as the intent is to put us down into a category of poor interest and value. It also sounds a little bit misogynistic because knitting and sewing is a woman's activity and some of the topic are women's threads. Sorry if I'm wrong but that's how it comes across.

I've to say I don't understand this rejection towards what is a part of our heritage - food and costumes were exemplified - but on the other hand topics about Sub-Saharan skulls and teeth and Russian Orthodox holidays are perfect acceptable and interesting. Why, because they're presented in a more "scientific" or "academic" manner? Or because they're more exotic, being about foreign peoples. I'm sorry, but we Germanics have to live with this kind of dogma too much. We are taught our customers are bland but African customers are interesting and rare. Germanic food, that's boring, but we enrich our knowledge if we learn about Turkic folklore.

If Skadi is a place for people interested in preserving their Germanic heritage, it's natural to want to learn and pay attention to everyday detail from the foods we eat to the attire we wear. Yes, it's also important to face the political realities in our countries and ensuring our survival is crucial. But our identity can't be defined in relation with immigrants and foreigners only. Have a look into closed Germanic communities which run themselves and have zero immigrants and such problems. They focus on living and carrying down their culture and heritage. Because if you remove these elements and just define us in antithesis with the foreigners, the identity is stripped.

I try to contribute now and then with posts threads, although I can't visit daily but I've to agree with Bärin here, if all latest posts are academic articles, books or journals I won't do it. I'll bookmark what I find interesting for a later read. I usually view Skadi as an in-between activity, so I've not that much time to read and comment on a long and complicated article especially if it's not a Germanic theme.

I've to agree that I also enjoyed the Althing and Skadi 2.0. Well I was absent also for personal reasons but also at some point the community was overwhelmed with negativism and it resulted in some of the members of a moderate political view to post sporadic. But as a general note we had Germanic diversity, Scandinavians as well as Englishmen, Germans, Colonials and peoples from the enclaves. I wonder if we could get more posters like Hrodnand, Aelfrun, Resist, Blod og Jord, Dagna, skyhawk, thoughtcrime, Anlef, Freja_se, Sissi, Víðálfr, Matrix, Rozenstorm and many more back. They had healthy views about current and cultural affairs and respected distinct opinions.
Old Monday, August 15th, 2016   #12
Shadow

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
State: Cape Province
Family: Youth
Religion: none
Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Oh yes, "sewing circle" is a pejorative. It indicates discussion of small domestic issues.
Shadow is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, August 15th, 2016   #13
SpearBrave
Proffessional Hickerbilly
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: American of German decent
Ancestry: Germany/ Switzerland
Personality: ENFP (The Champion)
Family: alone
Politics: Self-Reliance
Religion: Asatru
SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
When Skadi became about Germanic costumes and Germanic food, sorry folks, but I could care less. Race, most culture and Germanic Preservation went out the window.

Now, we gave millions of non-Indo-Europeans invading all of Europe, and North America for that matter. If this does not upset you, you are fricking dead. Most Europeans and Americans are evidently fricking dead. It ought to be Skadi raising awareness, not longing for the sewing-circle days.
Germanic costumes and Germanic food and a whole host of other topics are about Germanic preservation! Sorry, but your above makes no sense what so ever.

Germanic is a racial, cultural and linguistic group. Basically put we are a broad ethnic group with many everyday life customs that are similar and if you do not discuss the very things that separate us from just the plain racial group of Indo-European than you really have nothing.

In raising awareness you must first realize and discuss the things that separate you from non-Indo-Europeans and even other Indo-Europeans. Then you must wish to preserve these things since they are the very things that identify who you are.

Anybody that would even register here is very well aware of the hoards of racial others invading our lands. Yes, it is true that discussing these issues is a way of advertising our fight/plight, but it is also true to never lose sight of what has to be fought for and that is identity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you must love yourself, but also love where you come from and you are and what makes you who you are in order to preserve who you are and where you come from.
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #14
Shadow

Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Shadow 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
Germanic costumes and Germanic food and a whole host of other topics are about Germanic preservation! Sorry, but your above makes no sense what so ever.

Germanic is a racial, cultural and linguistic group. Basically put we are a broad ethnic group with many everyday life customs that are similar and if you do not discuss the very things that separate us from just the plain racial group of Indo-European than you really have nothing.

In raising awareness you must first realize and discuss the things that separate you from non-Indo-Europeans and even other Indo-Europeans. Then you must wish to preserve these things since they are the very things that identify who you are.

Anybody that would even register here is very well aware of the hoards of racial others invading our lands. Yes, it is true that discussing these issues is a way of advertising our fight/plight, but it is also true to never lose sight of what has to be fought for and that is identity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you must love yourself, but also love where you come from and you are and what makes you who you are in order to preserve who you are and where you come from.
I don't think you were around for the sewing-circle days. But hang on, they may come back. Nobody is stopping it.

But this is the kind of thing which is much more pressing:

https://forums.skadi.net/showthread....83#post1197683
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #15
SpearBrave
Proffessional Hickerbilly
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: American of German decent
Ancestry: Germany/ Switzerland
Personality: ENFP (The Champion)
Family: alone
Politics: Self-Reliance
Religion: Asatru
SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I don't think you were around for the sewing-circle days. But hang on, they may come back. Nobody is stopping it.

But this is the kind of thing which is much more pressing:

https://forums.skadi.net/showthread....83#post1197683
You mean there was a time when people actually discussed cultural topics related to Germanics in both the historic sense and present sense? Where Germanics could actually compare their thoughts with other Germanics on topics related to them in their lives? Damn, I really missed all those threads I guess.......I would never dream of starting such threads. [ sarcasm alert ]

https://forums.skadi.net/search.php?searchid=2467838

While true the example you posted is important for getting people thinking, but if that is all there is there is no point in having forum dedicated to just Germanics as those topics affect all of the population not just Germanics.

Perhaps, I should rethink what it means to be Germanic and just join some other white nationalist board and focus solely on topics related the world coming to some kind of end phase or something. [ sarcasm again ]

To clear things up as to what the slang term " sewing circle " means, it is a group of people sitting around gossiping. The thread you posted could turn into one such example just as easy as any other thread. However if members post more information about the related topic and what is being done about the problems of hate speech laws as in the case of the thread example I could see it actually going somewhere and having useful information so that others can either change their laws or at least evade persecution from such oppressive laws.
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #16
Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Uniter
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Icelandic
Ancestry: Iceland
Subrace: Nordid
State: Reykjavik
Family: Thule
Politics: Science
Religion: Unity
Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.

Skadi is a HUGE forum. There´s room for both a knitting circle and a monocle-eyed anthropology circle. That is Skadi as I knew it.

Knitting has to be done to make clothes.
Out of SPACE — out of TIME
."
Edgar Allan Poe

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thulean Imperial Inquisitor For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #17
Bernhard
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Dutch
Ancestry: Limburgian (Rhine-franconian)
Subrace: sub-nordid?
State: Limburg (NL)
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.

Why is this discussion even about 'what matters in the world' and what supposedly doesn't? If the knitting circle threads (yes I'm going to keep this phrase) are not helping us to fight the political struggle we are in, how the heck are threads about very detailed anthropological discussions going to? They both are equally removed from everyday political life. I also don't think the 'academic is superior to the rest' is really applicable here. I recall academically schooled members who really looked down on all the 'materialism' displayed in anthropological threads.

Anyway if the discussion is about what needs to be discussed given the current political circumstances versus what can be discussed out of pure interest, the answer has already been given by Thulean above. Skadi has plenty of space. If we would only concern ourselves with topical problems we could remove half of the board.

About those topics that concern us because we are interested in them, all have their own merit. Our identity has a cultural, linguistical, philosophical, racial, religious etc. side and all are worthy of attention. All members will have their own preferences.
What we do need is that the board should remain a vivid community. Some examples have already been given, such as merging threads or articles about the same topic. Another option is to consider whether the posting of an article as such is enough for this board. You can always write an introductory text about what is valuable about this article and what you'd like to be discussed. Or ask for other opinions on the matter. Also, please check the accessibility of the article. Many academic articles are not accessible for those without an account or the desire to pay for them (many journals, the academia website). An abstract is nice, but not quite informative on itself and we can't expect Skadi members to create an account. In cases like this it is important that the creator of the thread starts a proper discussion/thread himself so it will still be beneficial for Skadi members.

For one may call the World a Myth, in which bodies and things are visible, but souls and minds hidden. -Sallustius-
Bernhard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bernhard For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #18
Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Uniter
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Icelandic
Ancestry: Iceland
Subrace: Nordid
State: Reykjavik
Family: Thule
Politics: Science
Religion: Unity
Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is a sage.

I do think knitting & other homemaking & productivity helps us infinitely much, if it´s not a Feminist club, but to make things for Germanic oriented females, children and men.

I agree that the Science posts should be selected for their quality, since there is already a glut of science news out there "new evidence for life on mars."
Just post it if you have some personal knowledge about it. Otherwise we could just subscribe to some science news site.

Larping is good, it keeps the traditions alive. Even if they´re mostly reconstructions.

Larping creates a new culture. A few friends joking around have created multi-million dollar industries eventually.
Out of SPACE — out of TIME
."
Edgar Allan Poe

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Thulean Imperial Inquisitor For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #19
Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
You mean there was a time when people actually discussed cultural topics related to Germanics in both the historic sense and present sense? Where Germanics could actually compare their thoughts with other Germanics on topics related to them in their lives? Damn, I really missed all those threads I guess.......I would never dream of starting such threads. [ sarcasm alert ]

https://forums.skadi.net/search.php?searchid=2467838

While true the example you posted is important for getting people thinking, but if that is all there is there is no point in having forum dedicated to just Germanics as those topics affect all of the population not just Germanics.

Perhaps, I should rethink what it means to be Germanic and just join some other white nationalist board and focus solely on topics related the world coming to some kind of end phase or something. [ sarcasm again ]

To clear things up as to what the slang term " sewing circle " means, it is a group of people sitting around gossiping. The thread you posted could turn into one such example just as easy as any other thread. However if members post more information about the related topic and what is being done about the problems of hate speech laws as in the case of the thread example I could see it actually going somewhere and having useful information so that others can either change their laws or at least evade persecution from such oppressive laws.

Go back to circa 2008 and look at the content. Sewing circle threads abounded: "What is your favorite Germanic Food", is an example. Threads about local Germanic costumes were popular.

Regarding science posts, AT THAT VERT Time, the sewing circle era, we had a rash of simply crazy typology posters. We had two or three guys who apparently never read Coon, von Eickstedt, Guenther and even the popular writer at the time McCallum. All these guys gave us a description in the flesh, usually a picture of a living person, as well as a skull of that type. But instead of using a given typology, these guys just made up their own and then said it was the same thing, posting reams of pictures and arguing among themselves. None of this had any relationship to typological anthropology, historical or modern. This was a far cry from 2004 were almost everyone had read and understood these authors and concepts.

So on the one hand we had trivial topics and on the other we had amateur-amateur-amateur anthropology.

Hey, the real good new folks, is there is a solution. All you guys who don't like me complaining about the sewing circle, all you have to do is get together and ban me. It should be no problem for you and it will not be one for me either.

As often said, I am here to point out Germanic preservation threatening issues. If you don't like that, take action. Meanwhile, nothing is preventing you or any of the other whiners from posting all the sewing circle posts you wish.
Old Tuesday, August 16th, 2016   #20
Catterick

Ethnicity: Mixed Germanic and Celtic
Ancestry: British Isles & Scandinavia
Subrace: Borreby x Nordic
State: Mercia
Family: Single adult
Religion: Life-centred, Pagan Unitarian
Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.

The anthropology effort posters all migrated onto other boards I think. This was a shame because effort posters were still bogged by race trolls.

Please don't ban Shadow. He's been round since version 1.
Catterick is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote