Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Images Not Displaying?

Old Monday, November 28th, 2016   #1
Haliaeetus

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Donauschwaben
Subrace: Keltic nordid/Alpinid
State: Danube Swabian Community
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Single parent
Politics: Politically incorrect
Religion: Heathen
Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.

Images Not Displaying?

The forum doesn't allow me to open a new thread in this section so I found this thread that corresponds in some way to what I want to ask.

What is wrong with the "Asgard" theme of the forum? Not all images display properly ever. For a few days it's one group of images failing, then it's another, and so on. All other themes work normally. I have switched to Althing, and the only problem that persists is that in user control panel the central table is out of proportion and users who have the "Skadi award" image in their profile do not display properly (the profile info section is panned to the right and the post section is way off screen and too narrow). This has been going on for some time. I thought it's temporary and it'll go away, but it doesn't.

I just noticed more flaws on this theme as well. But so far it's much more tolerable than the Asgard theme. Here's a screenshot:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	issues.png
Views:	56
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	112724  
Whoever knocks.
Haliaeetus is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Haliaeetus For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, November 28th, 2016   #2
Out of Germania
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Out of Germania 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

I'm using Asgard too but I don't have the same problem with images displaying. Could it be a browser or a cache thing? Have you tried opening the image in a separate tab, then it should take you to the location of the image and should display it. Are you using a proxy? Proxies sometimes do that.
Out of Germania is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Out of Germania For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, November 28th, 2016   #3
Haliaeetus

Ancestry: Donauschwaben
Subrace: Keltic nordid/Alpinid
State: Danube Swabian Community
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Single parent
Politics: Politically incorrect
Religion: Heathen
Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.

I'm on Safari 10.0.1, without a proxy. I do have a VPN connection set towards my uni however it is turned off and I set up Firefox specifically for use with it so it is not interfering. I purged the cache however there were no changes. Logging in through Vivaldi browser it all worked. So looks like it's the browser causing the problem for some reason. I've always used it and never had problems and have absolutely no idea what's causing this.

Edit:
And it's weird that only one theme is severely affected. The rest have minimal issues.
Whoever knocks.
Haliaeetus is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, December 4th, 2016   #4
Bärin
Secure a future for Germanic children
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

State: Berlin
Family: Married parent
Politics: National Communism
Religion: Atheism
Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.Bärin 's judgement is sought by kings.

I have this problem sometimes too, but the theme is Asgard Dark. I'm using a proxy however so it might have to do with that? Not all images just random images, like the reputation button etc.
Bärin is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post: