Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Fashion & Beauty
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fashion & Beauty Forum dedicated to topics covering fashion & beauty. Discuss your favorite designers, styles & trends and share useful tips & tricks. Debate aspects of health related to beauty & fashion.

Do You Shop Second Hand?

Old 4 Days Ago   #1
Out of Germania
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.

Do You Shop Second Hand?

An article about shopping second hand. Do you shop second hand clothes?

Quote:
The following are 9 reasons you should consider shopping second-hand; it can make a greater difference than you may realize.

1. Much more Affordable
When you shop at thrift stores, yard sales, and other second-hand venues, your money stretches much farther. On average, used products are generally 50% cheaper – allowing you to save money for other important expenditures… organic produce, anyone?

2. You Get to Experience the Thrill of the Hunt
At a thrift store, you deal in the unknown. Scouring flea markets and rummage sales until you have found that have-to-have item at an unbeatable price can be exhilarating. In this way, second-hand shopping is much more rewarding in a way retail shopping could never be.

3. Your Money Stays in the Community
Second-hand perusing ensures your money stays in the community where it can benefit local businesses and charities.

4 . It’s Easier to Spot Quality
Since most of the merchandise you come across has already been broken in, you can see what has quality and what does not. Practical and affordable.

5. It’s Green!
Buying used goods cuts down on manufacturing demands and keeps more items out of the landfill! Because a large amount of man-made goods are routinely thrown away, re-using gives a longer life to common household items another family could use, saving the Earth in effect.

6. Inspire to Recycle
The flow of second-hand giving goes both ways. Items or clothes you no longer use, you can donate back to a local consignment shop and offer up goods another may be searching for. The act of recycling not only enables us to feel good about our actions but, again, keeps money in the local economy and supports the green living movement.

7. Service Exceeds
While this can’t be assumed for every second-hand shop, garage sale, or flea market, the atmosphere of most used-goods stores have a friendly, warm, and relaxing atmosphere. Interaction is much more pleasing and due to the slower flow of shoppers, service is readily available if you should need help.

8. Brand Names
If you’re an individual who worships the tag, you’re likely to find many recycled, brand-name clothes available. It’s a great way to suit your stylish needs while saving a bundle and helping the environment.

9. New Merchandise Arrives Daily
Consignment shops receive donations daily, so the hunt for that unique item is always new and fresh. If they don’t have what you’re looking for, chances are in a couple of days it might be present.

Because shopping is such an essential part of our consumer-driven economy, indulging in second-hand stores and opportunities is a way to beneficially promote the economy, save the environment, and still satisfy your craving for unique clothes and items.
Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/9-reason...p-second-hand/
Out of Germania is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Out of Germania For This Useful Post:
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
Haliaeetus

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Donauschwaben
Subrace: Keltic nordid/Alpinid
State: Danube Swabian Community
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Single parent
Politics: Politically incorrect
Religion: Heathen
Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.Haliaeetus is a sage.

I don't, but I've ben seriously thinking about starting to do so lately.
I wear all my clothes until they are unwearable, and utilise them differently depending on their general condition. Until recent years it was working out fine since the clothes I bought lasted pretty long, but that is no longer the case. Whatever I buy last no more then a year, year and a half tops after which it's only good for the thrash or used as a cleaning cloth.
However two of my friends were frequenting second hand shops and bought really good, durable clothes. They are both frequently doing fieldwork, mostly going through forest and shrub and the clothes are withstanding the pressure more than good. So considering that, buying good quality and cheap second-hand stuff seems like a much better idea than wasting a lot of money of things that fall apart quickly.
Whoever knocks.
Haliaeetus is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Haliaeetus For This Useful Post:
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
Hersir
Hundhedensk
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Håløyg
Ancestry: Norway
Subrace: Nordid
Y-DNA: I2b1
mtDNA: J2a1a1b
State: Nordland
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Personality: INTP (The Architect)
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Galactic Lebensraum
Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.

Got my last two jackets second-hand, mostly I've bought used books. Can save a fortune there.
Hersir is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hersir For This Useful Post: