Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Food & Drink
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Food & Drink Discuss food and drink preparation, culinary customs and share recipes.

Menu of the Day

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #41
Spjabork
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: German
State: Silesia
Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Supper tonight.
The scene on the first photo, it could be perfectly in Germany, just the light switches, and the door handle (maybe also the door itself) betray it is not in Germany.
Quote:
And I enjoyed a Kristallweizenbier.
What is the name of the beer? I can not read the label. It's imported from Gemany, right? It must be dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
I miss cooking in the oven.
From Georgia's post(s), you can learn much about German eating habits. How everything is arranged on the table, etc. I was in Britain, and it wasn't so there. Every lunch meal, every meal actually, was a torture. Already even visually. It's true America differs from Britain.

You also can understand now the German attitude to 'brands'. The beer on the table is 'German' beer, it's ONE BRAND of German beer. There are thousands of such 'beers', each of them brewed for and sold in a certain limited region. And each of these beers has its own two names: its sort name, and its brand name. You simply can't keep in mind all the names of all the beers. You will just know those beers which you prefer, or which you once tasted, or whose name you know perchance.

But as it is with the German beer, so it is with each and every other German man-made thing: there are thousands of small workshops, of lone craftsmen, each and every making their own things. You can't know them all, because life is too short.

The Weizenbier (wheat beer) is typically Bavarian. I can drink it, yet I do not like it so much. If I am in Bavaria (or in China), I will drink it. If I am not in Bavaria, I will not drink it.
Spjabork is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spjabork For This Useful Post:
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #42
Georgia
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ancestry: Deutschland
Religion: Christian
Georgia has disabled reputation

Spjabork:
"What is the name of the beer? I can not read the label. It's imported from Germany, right? It must be dear!"

The name of the beer is "Weihenstephaner."
The label reads "BREWED & BOTTLED BY BAYERISCHE STAATSBRAUEREI WEIHENSTEPHAN, FREISING, GERMANY."

More information:
https://www.weihenstephaner.de/

And...dear it is . Pretty much the only beer I will drink is Kristallweizen.

Georgia
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgia For This Useful Post:
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #43
Spjabork
Account Inactive

Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.Spjabork is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
The name of the beer is "Weihenstephaner."
The label reads "BREWED & BOTTLED BY BAYERISCHE STAATSBRAUEREI WEIHENSTEPHAN, FREISING, GERMANY."
Weihenstephaner is one of the more famous beers, in Germany, the brandname is also known outside Bavaria.
Quote:
And...dear it is
How much? Does the bottle speak to you: "Gimme 5!"??
Quote:
Pretty much the only beer I will drink is Kristallweizen.
So, there is also in your veins Bavarian blood??
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #44
Georgia
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ancestry: Deutschland
Georgia has disabled reputation

Spjabork,

I am not a big alcohol drinker, never have been, never will be. I also do not smoke and I never even tried any other drugs. Never had the desire to do so. A 500 ml bottle of Kristallweizen about every 3 - 4 month is more than enough for me. And every once in a while I enjoy a small glass of very dry and heavy red wine.

The Kristallweizen is "dear" to me, because it tastes just like the Kristallweizen in Germany and is actually a German beer. I am pleased I am able to purchase it about 2 hours from where I live, the store actually carries a large selection of different beer from all over the world. One 500 ml bottle is right at 4 FRNs.

I was in Bavaria a few days before Christmas 2015. I love the rural regions as well as the Bavarian dialect. My ancestry is Sachsen and the Schwabenland. Meissen, Auf den Fildern and Hohenlohe im Frankenland, to be exact. I was born in the Hohenloher region. So yes, I am a Schwäbin through and through. My paternal Opa had lost most of his sächsischen dialect by the time I came along. He spoke more schwäbisch than sächsisch.

When I speak with family and friends on the phone they are amazed at my heavy schwäbischen dialect, I never lost it despite having lived here for most of my life. I can speak the high German as well; however, there is always that beautiful schwäbischer dialect noticeable.

I could write about my life experiences, a huge book with many, many chapters. I have a lot to tell. But I must take leave. The sun is shining at 20 degrees C after a light rain early this morning. Everything has turned green outside, the Azalea bushes are in full bloom as are the Dogwood trees and so many other trees and plants. So...nature, here I come....!

Y'all on Skadi have a great and safe weekend.

Georgia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Georgia For This Useful Post:
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #45
Wulfaz
Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ancestry: German
Subrace: Nordid
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Single adult
Politics: Democratic National-Conservative
Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.

Szeklerkarut

Wine

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
/King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/
Wulfaz is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #46
Spjabork
Account Inactive

Quote:
[font=Georgia] I am not a big alcohol drinker, never have been, never will be. [...]The Kristallweizen is "dear" to me, because it tastes just like the Kristallweizen in Germany and is actually a German beer. I am pleased I am able to purchase it about 2 hours from where I live, the store actually carries a large selection of different beer from all over the world. One 500 ml bottle is right at 4 FRNs.
So, it is cheaper than I thought! The Bavarians are humane to them Southerners.

(with 'dear' I meant = expensive, because in England, the word still can be used in this meaning. Now I know in USA it cannot, another difference between them.)
Old 1 Week Ago   #47
SpearBrave
Proffessional Hickerbilly
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: American of German decent
Ancestry: Germany/ Switzerland
Personality: ENFP (The Champion)
Family: alone
Politics: Self-Reliance
Religion: Asatru
SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.SpearBrave 's wisdom is legendary.

Last night- leftover meatloaf my sister made when she visited and baked sweet potato, with cranberry juice to drink.

Tonight -Steamed Cauliflower with White Cheese sauce, Kaiser Semmel, Deer Salami, Apple Juice and Coffee.

I am very tired lately and don't feel like cooking much.