Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Self-Reliance, Homemaking & Gardening
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Self-Reliance, Homemaking & Gardening Ideas for Home Improvement and Gardening, Off-Grid technologies, Resilience, Permaculture & Preparing for systemic crashes.

Folding Houses, Folding Ships and Norse Mythology

Old Monday, February 27th, 2017   #1
GreenHeart

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: German and English
Subrace: Nordid
mtDNA: H
State: Teutonic Order
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: Single adult
Politics: Ethnocentrism
Religion: Asatru
GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.GreenHeart shows some promise.

Lightbulb Folding Houses, Folding Ships and Norse Mythology

A man has invented a folding house that can be set up similar to a tent with no supports. All you have to do to set it up is shake it and let it fill with air.
The creator of the folding house, is a Basque, by the way.
http://www.boredpanda.com/foldable-b...ign=BPFacebook

This article was interesting because I remember reading in the norse mythology that Frey had a ship that he could fold up and put in his pocket like a cloth. I would venture to say that the ancient Germanics were already doing this sort of thing (and even more advanced) thousands of years ago, before the christians started burning books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sk%C3%...B0bla%C3%B0nir
GreenHeart is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenHeart For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, February 27th, 2017   #2
Elessar
Cascadian
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Deutsch
Subrace: Paleo-Atlantid
State: Oregon
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Politics: Traditionalism
Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.

Is it a house or a balloon? Cause it doesn't seem to have any of the accouterments to make it very comfortable or livable, or navigable for that matter.

There's no evidence to support that ancient germanic people were literally making pocket sized inflatable houses and ships. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, I'm afraid. Perhaps the concept is allegorical to northern peoples penchant for sea-travel and exploration? How nice would it be to have a house to expand when out in the wilderness or high seas instead of roughing it? Only the gods can do that, it seems.

Quote:
before the christians started burning books.
Christianity introduced books and literacy to northern Europe.
Elessar is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elessar For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, February 28th, 2017   #3
SpearBrave
Proffessional Hickerbilly
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: American of German decent
Ancestry: Germany/ Switzerland
Personality: ENFP (The Champion)
Family: alone
Politics: Self-Reliance
Religion: Asatru
SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

This is not a house! And it is certainty not a home!

This thing is bs even if you consider it a tent. When I go trekking in the forest I often carry a 4 X 4 meter tarp of waxed cotton that I can make a better "house" out of than that thing. I can even have a heating system for extreme cold weather if I choose to.

Sales gimmick at the very best.

When all is said and done, more will be said then done- Billy Joe Merritt- King of Junk Yard Damascus 1952-2016
SpearBrave is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post: