Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Germanic Heathenry > Customs & Rituals
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Customs & Rituals Discussion of Heathen home and family issues: raising children, cooking, natural/organic gardening, nature healing and herbology, brewing, and all other topics related to the Germanic Heathen household.

What Are You Doing for Sigrblöt?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Firebeard

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: Ireland, England, France and Bohemian
State: Florida
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Personality: ENTP (The Visionary)
Family: Just turned single
Politics: Right leaning
Religion: Heathen
Firebeard shows some promise.

Smile What Are You Doing for Sigrblöt?

As most of you probably know, sigrblöt, a celebration for the coming summer and victory in your actions, is this Saturday, April 15th. It is a time of feasting and a time of sacrifice to Odin. I was wondering what other heathens are planning on doing this sigrblöt.

As for me, a fellow kindred and I are going into a large wooded area near his house. We're planning on starting a fire and camping out for a couple of hours. Maybe cooking some chicken over the fire and bringing snacks(and Guinness). When the time feels right I'm going to reciete some verse that I think suits the occasion, drink a Guinness, then poor the other one into the ground. My friend will probably do the same. Then whenever we feel that the time is right, we could put out the fire and leave. I'm really looking forward to it, it's my first blót.

So what are your experiences with sigrblöt or if any of you are celebrating this Saturday? Tell me about your experiences
Firebeard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Elizabeth

Ethnicity: European American
Ancestry: United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
mtDNA: H1c12
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Personality: ISTJ & INTJ
Family: Single adult
Politics: Trump
Elizabeth is noble of speech.Elizabeth is noble of speech.

I never heard of Sigrblot before. I also never tried Guinness (I know it's a beer, I don't like beer). I wouldn't want to go camping. I'd worry about salmonella poisoning and cross-contamination from handling raw chicken. Please make sure the fire is fully put out before you leave. I hope you have a nice time celebrating sigrblot. I prefer being indoors.
Elizabeth is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Elessar
Cascadian
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Deutsch
Subrace: Paleo-Atlantid
State: Oregon
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Politics: Traditionalism
Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.Elessar 's judgement is sought by kings.

What you just described sounds devoid of any semblance of sanctity, and I'm going to be straight with you when I say that it fulfills all the negative stereotypes that Europeans have about American Heathens. I was once heathen and I would have never really told anyone about rituals that I conducted, usually because they were very personal to me and had significance to what I was experiencing at the time. I certainly would never have just picked a spot to cook some chicken with a bud and drink Guiness and "pour the one onto the ground".
Elessar is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elessar For This Useful Post:
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Catterick

Ethnicity: Mixed Germanic and Celtic
Ancestry: British Isles & Scandinavia
Subrace: Borreby x Nordic
State: Mercia
Family: Single adult
Religion: Life-centred, Pagan Unitarian
Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
What you just described sounds devoid of any semblance of sanctity, and I'm going to be straight with you when I say that it fulfills all the negative stereotypes that Europeans have about American Heathens. I was once heathen and I would have never really told anyone about rituals that I conducted, usually because they were very personal to me and had significance to what I was experiencing at the time. I certainly would never have just picked a spot to cook some chicken with a bud and drink Guiness and "pour the one onto the ground".
Well people can be solemn about Christmas yet have fun at the same time. Of course most Christianity is larping, anyways.
Catterick is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Firebeard

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: Ireland, England, France and Bohemian
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Personality: ENTP (The Visionary)
Family: Just turned single
Politics: Right leaning
Religion: Heathen
Firebeard shows some promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
How do European heathens celebrate then?

I don't really have the means or the people to hold a feast. I am actually quite looking forward to it. There's nothing to do in Florida and believe it or not camping out in the woods for a couple of hours isn't really something that you can do very easily.

I'm reciting verse in Odin's honor, I'm drinking to his name. I'll probably venerate some of my ancestors that are dead and ask for success in the coming months.
It seems decent enough...
Firebeard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote