Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports, Leisure & Hobbies Discussion of leisure, sports, travel, pastimes, play, rest, entertainment, amusement, diversion, fun, recreation, relaxation, hobbies, and the like.

A Good Spring Hunt

Old Friday, January 6th, 2012   #11
Ocko
Eala Freia Fresena
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Friese
Ancestry: Friesland
Subrace: Nordid
State: California
Family: Married
Politics: rightwing
Religion: none/pagan
Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.Ocko is a sage.

Seems Bigfoot was around and scared all the animals away. they do that here in California sometimes.
Old Sunday, January 8th, 2012   #12
SpearBrave
Proffessional Hickerbilly
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: American of German decent
Ancestry: Germany/ Switzerland
Personality: ENFP (The Champion)
Family: alone
Politics: Self-Reliance
Religion: Asatru
SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
Seems Bigfoot was around and scared all the animals away. they do that here in California sometimes.
Hehe, you must have been reading the news from my area to know there have been several bigfoot "sightings".

This thread and hunt took place long before the bigfoot stuff started around here.

When all is said and done, more will be said then done- Billy Joe Merritt- King of Junk Yard Damascus 1952-2016
SpearBrave is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
SpearBrave
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.SpearBrave 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

It is that time of year again, the forest smells moist and rich the weather has been perfect and I resume my hunt! I only went for one hour behind my house.

Do you see all those mushrooms?

Look closer

This is not what I would call the mother load, but it is a start and season is still early. Just enough for a meal or fried mushrooms, I fry them just like you would schnitzel.

When all is said and done, more will be said then done- Billy Joe Merritt- King of Junk Yard Damascus 1952-2016
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
Catterick

Ethnicity: Mixed Germanic and Celtic
Ancestry: British Isles & Scandinavia
Subrace: Borreby x Nordic
State: Mercia
Family: Single adult
Religion: Life-centred, Pagan Unitarian
Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.

Here I find mostly boletes with some more unusual finds like pied de mouton.
Catterick is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Catterick For This Useful Post:
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
SpearBrave
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
Here I find mostly boletes with some more unusual finds like pied de mouton.
I don't think boletes grow here in the Midwest US, but pied de mouton does and I call that sheep's foot and I don't find them often.

After the Morchella ( Morels ) are gone I will look for Laetiporus ( Sulphur Shelf ) and then Cantharellus cibarius ( chanterelle ) followed by Calvatia ( puff balls ) and to end the year I might look for by chance Pleurotus ostreatus ( Oyster mushrooms ).

I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but Laetiporus can be used to replace chicken breast as the taste is very similar. I have found them where they measure more than meter across and that is a lot of food.

A little know fact is people have called me mushroom, cause I'm a fungi.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post: