Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Comparative Religion
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Comparative Religion Discuss religion and spirituality in general, other forms of religion and spirituality not mentioned above, or the systematic comparison of the doctrines and practices of the world's religions.

The Dragon: A European Deity?

Old Wednesday, May 17th, 2006   #1
OMegasPan
Account Inactive

Family: Platonic love
Politics: Ideologist
Religion: Entheos
OMegasPan is noble of speech.OMegasPan is noble of speech.

The Dragon: A European Deity?

The Dragon is yes witnessed at european fairy tales. Connected always with ages of magic. And with wizards, usually opposed to them.

If you sit for a minute and think about it, how much do you personally consider the Dragon as a 'european deity'? I mean, yes it is used in Europe but in the far east it has much larger acceptance and is valued maybe much more and in different ways, up to this day. Maybe this is where its tradition came to the european lands in the first place?
OMegasPan is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, May 18th, 2006   #2
OMegasPan
Account Inactive

Family: Platonic love
Politics: Ideologist
Religion: Entheos
OMegasPan is noble of speech.OMegasPan is noble of speech.

Re: Dragon: A European deity?

If you go to any underground or even mainstream danceclubs in europe, especially the trance ones, what are you going to witness before your eyes?

Young people, european youths, "dancing" in way that imitates the 'dragon'!

In hip hop music too, negros move their body in the rythym, as if it was a dragon's body.

I dont know if you can understand what i m talking about, it has to do with symbolic movements, etc. that are inspired of course by the music.

However, in the european tales, we are told that the hero slayed the dragon, or the mighty wizard deafeated the evil dragon. Not that they danced like dragons!

I hope at least people here understand what i mean, i am not a (complete) idiot lol for discussing how people dance as dragons, all i am saying is that in the cultural mix on current european soil, and of course in america as well, all over the western world, the dragon as a symbol, even as a tatoo, or a t-shirt theme, has become largely accepted and even mainstream! Now, this could be argued that is a sign of the Chinese race slowly taking over the planet, and European markets of course!! lol

Someone else could argue that the dragon is as 'indigenous' in the west as it is in China. Who knows for certain?
OMegasPan is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, February 13th, 2017   #3
Catterick

Ethnicity: Mixed Germanic and Celtic
Ancestry: British Isles & Scandinavia
Subrace: Borreby x Nordic
Family: Single adult
Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.Catterick is a sage.

The dragon is a feminine, chthonic and aquatic symbol.
Catterick is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote