Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports, Leisure & Hobbies Discussion of leisure, sports, travel, pastimes, play, rest, entertainment, amusement, diversion, fun, recreation, relaxation, hobbies, and the like.

What Do You Do In Your Spare Time?

Old Wednesday, April 25th, 2012   #41
Edie
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: Scottish
Ancestry: Lowlands
Edie 's name is whispered and cursed.

Well, somewhere in my late teens I shut the curtains once and for all and began to fill my forlorn, etiolated days with internet.

But when I was young and carefree I liked to light and melt stuff. I found it eerily enchanting to watch objects lose their form in the heat and be forced into so many grotesque mutilations of themselves. Naturally I'd write about it in detail afterwards. It's attractive to wield a destructive force at a time in your life when you don't have much power in other areas. This, I think, is often the reason for these things, rather than some incipient psychopathy of the garden variety. Which is nothing but a lazy person's lazy analysis of something that merits more worthy reflection.

I would have to do it in secret and dispose of the blackened remains in the woods later on. Roving through the woods for some murky reason or other was a standard pastime anyway, so it didn't trip anyone's odd-child alarm for me to be out there as the sun sank behind the trees.

When I was prevented from setting something aflame for whatever irksome reason I'd have to content myself with chipping and scraping away at it incrementally. I did this with the raised patterns on my gran's wallpaper over a period of months, applying my fingernails as the implements of destruction. When I knew it was on the cusp of being noticed I fell back on my tried and trusted tactic of bribing my cousin to take the blame. Which she did, of course. She could always be relied on to forget about whatever I had promised her as a reward, so it was no skin off my nose, no lego out of my bucket, no smarties out of my tube. And so on and so forth. I'm a lot of fun.
Edie is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Edie For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, April 25th, 2012   #42
Sybren

Ethnicity: Frisian
Ancestry: Frisian, Saxon
Subrace: Atlantid
State: Frisia
Politics: Frisian nationalist
Religion: Agnostic
Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.Sybren is a sage.

I feel kind of held back of sharing my hobbies, because they sound so incredibly mundane after having read Edie's

Well okay.. here they are:

- Of course browsing Skadi
- Photography (newfound hobby of mine)
- Eploring the family tree
- Learning Norwegian
- With friends watching movies and playing a game or two

Now tháts a list that will attract women!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sybren For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, April 25th, 2012   #43
KingOvGermania

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germany, Austria
Subrace: Nordic-Alpine mix I believe
Politics: Radical Traditionalist
Religion: Transcendental Naturalism
KingOvGermania 's opinion is sought out by learned men.KingOvGermania 's opinion is sought out by learned men.KingOvGermania 's opinion is sought out by learned men.KingOvGermania 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

A brief list...keep in mind, 'Brief' by my own standards

-Browsing the internet, of course.
-Reading. Primarily non-fiction, philosophical and religious books, and related subjects, but I do enjoy a good fiction every once in a while, especially fantasy and horror. I've recently taken an interest in Traditionalist authors, like Julius Evola, Rene Guenon, and Mircea Eliade, as well as comparative religious scholars like Joseph Campbell.
-Listening to and creating music. I play drums, guitar, and at least I think I can sing. I'm not currently active in a band due to lack of like-minded musicians in my area.
-Hiking. I generally walk or hike at least a mile every day, helps me clear my mind and deal with my anxiety in the same way reading and making music does.
-Art in general, especially drawing and photography. I am quite fond of surrealist, visionary, and fantasy art, and any related styles, and I like both urban and nature photography.
-I used to study martial arts, but let's say that the guy I studied under was a complete scumbag and I was forced to stop going, and haven't found an opportunity to continue
-Thinking. I am so introspective it may as well be a hobby
-Video games. Not as much as I used to, but I will always love my old favorites.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingOvGermania For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, April 26th, 2012   #44
Angus
Staff
Herþra

Ethnicity: Scottish
Ancestry: Normans, Anglo-Saxons, Celts and Prussians
Subrace: Nordid / Dalofaelid
Politics: Common Sense
Religion: Folkish Heathen
Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.

Seems like Sybren and I have a couple of common interests.

- Studying history ( You can never know too much about history )
- Call me crazy, but I also enjoy reading about and studying International law and policies ( to a certain point anyways )
- Learning Norwegian, when time permits.
- Enjoying walks / hikes with my dog.
- Toning my hockey skills
- Tracing my surname and ancestors.
Angus is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Friday, April 27th, 2012   #45
Sefo
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: British Isles
State: North Carolina
Religion: Atheist
Sefo shows some promise.

Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, MMA, Fighting.

I've boxed since I was a kid and have had alot of amateur fights. All my time these days is spent training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling to compliment my striking. I will be having my first mixed martial arts fight next month.

Martial arts and fighting are the only things that mean anything to me in this world. Everything else means very little.

Thats what i do with "all" my time.
Sefo is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote