Skadi Forum
 

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Agnosticism & Atheism
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Agnosticism & Atheism Forum dedicated to the discussion of Agnosticism and/or Atheism.

PROOF Every Atheist on the Internet is a Fake

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Wednesday, December 21st, 2011   #261
Hamar Fox
Account Inactive
 
Last Seen: Thursday, May 3rd, 2012
Join Date: Feb 2008
Ethnicity: English
Ancestry: Mainly Yorkshire
Country: England
State: Yorkshire
Location: Yorkshire
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Politics: Libertarian
Posts: 2,136
Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.Hamar Fox is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
OK but life is still ultimately meaningless. And the intelligent sector of society, the leaders and guiders of society, would be capable of coming to that philosophical conclusion. Gotcha. Why are we for Germanic preservation again?
American sarcasm. My least favourite kind. I've already said several times now that things don't need to be absolute in order to be valued. For example, I care about my cat....even though I'm an atheist!!!!

Also, in no religion I know of is the survival of Germanics an imperative.

Quote:
Oh the "I'm smarter because I don't believe in God" line. I see. Yup, all those silly religious folks who are among the greatest geniuses, scientists, philosophers, and artists of all time just believed in silly stuff because they are silly and not as smart as us enlightened atheist beings.
American sarcasm again. Still my least favourite kind. My point wasn't remotely about how smart the ancients were, but how able they were to reach correct conclusions based on the means available to them. The most compelling arguments for the existence of God (i.e. teleological ones) are now dead in the water.

Quote:
Hmmm...yeah you sure are special alright. Special enough to be the most culturally Marxist, politically correct, degenerate, and weak-willed group of people currently existing.
American sarc....oh, forget it.

But, nope. You obviously know next to nothing about Britain. We're not slightly Marxist. We're bland conservatives with no political fight in us. Get it right, please.

Quote:
Special enough to give your country away to foreigners and imprison people like Emma West for speaking out against your own cultural and ethnic suicide.
Because that doesn't happen in any other Western nation.

Quote:
This trend is also occurring in most secular, atheistic, and NW European countries. Meanwhile the more religious European nations (which are still relatively secular compared to the ideal), such as Italy, Ireland, Poland, and parts of Russia are much less culturally poisoned. Wonder why?
Definitely. Because everyone wants to move to Poland. But they're all, "no are have not are come because you are not will different religion!!!"

Definitely.

Quote:
So what good is atheism going to do you when your countries are finally overrun and Britain is no longer Britain?
My point is and always has been that atheism/agnosticism is entirely incidental to these processes. America is in a worse racial position than Britain, so what's religion done for you lately?

Quote:
It is a shame that you believe that is all religion is. The way you describe religion sounds to me that you don't know much about religion besides plebeian strand of exoteric Christianity or from searching "why religion is stupid" on google. If that was the basis of my conception of religion, I would find it useless as well.
No, I was just exploring the root of superstitious stupidity. A retard needs to explain the complexity of existence in the simplest way possible. This is the bedrock instinct of religious feeling. There exist needs for cultural nourishment also, which religion can answer, but there's absolutely no inherent reason why a culture should be religiously based.

Quote:
If you think that America is religious then you are sorely mistaken. There is nothing in modern America that resembles a traditional mindset or even the most basic understanding of transcendence.
Oh, I see. Even though 90% of Americans I've ever conversed with blather on about baby Jesus, they're not your type of religious, and that's the root of the nation's problems. If people believed in 'transcendence', well, everyone in America would be 100% Germanic. I get it now. It all fits into place.

Quote:
The people who claim to be Christian are often just as secular and culturally Marxist as their atheist countrymen. Just because people answer "I believe in God" or "religion is important to me" on a poll doesn't mean they have the faintest idea of what spirituality is about or behave in a religious way.
Back-pedal alert.

Quote:
It seems to me that many modern people DO live just the way I described. Could you clarify what you mean by "nature become the author of our morality"? As far as I can see, there is no room for an absolute or objective morality on an atheistic world-view.
Nowhere did I mention absolute or objective morality. If we followed the pleasure principle, or, more accurately, the instinct principle, which nature equipped us with for clear evolutionary reasons, then we'd form racial groups, we'd despise ethnic others, we'd spend time among friends and family, we'd help our friends and family, we'd beget child after child and rear them in a warm, loving environment. This is what nature designed us to find most rewarding. If it's not what we do, then factors other than 'doing what feels good' are clearly at work.

Quote:
Well I think an actual attempt at a scientific study is quite different from your own subjective opinion of what religiosity is linked to, which sounds to me to have been absorbed by the general culture around you (cultural Marxism) as you mentioned earlier. Either way, I wasn't using the fact that atheism and autism are linked to try to debunk atheist arguments.
Good, because that would have been a stupid thing to do.

Last edited by Bernhard : Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Removed reply to deleted post.
Hamar Fox is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #262
CruxClaire
Senior Member
 
CruxClaire's Avatar
 
Last Seen: Thursday, August 23rd, 2012
Join Date: Dec 2011
Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: Irish, German, Polish, Scottish, English
Country: United States
State: Illinois
Location: Chicago area
Gender: Female
Family: Youth
Occupation: Student
Politics: Center-left
Religion: Atheist
Posts: 197
CruxClaire 's opinion is sought out by learned men.CruxClaire 's opinion is sought out by learned men.CruxClaire 's opinion is sought out by learned men.CruxClaire 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Virtue View Post
I think atheism - the outright rejection of any possibility of there being super-intelligent life in or beyond the universe - isn't a logically sound attitude. Most atheist base their claims on the fact that our physical laws do not support it's existence, but these physical laws are far from perfect and only deal with one, very specific, part of reality. Our reality. There is a lot more that is hidden and no doubt governed by a different set of laws. Modern physics tells us that there are as many as 11 dimensions and space-time can be transformed and ripped. In fact, modern physics tell us that nothing is what it seems. Then there is the grander picture, what exists beyond? Trying to argue against the existence of super-intelligent life in the universe by using the laws that govern only a small subset of it's vastness is like trying to use chemistry to explain the evolution of language. It will take more, a lot more to convince a truly open-minded person like myself.

For this reason I am an agnostic. I don't know whether God exists or not, and to be quite frank, neither do I care.
Atheism is an active disbelief in the existence of a deity; however, it is not necessarily the rejection of the possibility of a deity's existence. I am an atheist, but I would be a fool to claim that the existence of a god is an absolute impossibility - that I know a deity is absent. One can be agnostic while still taking a position (atheist or theist) in that one can openly acknowledge one's ignorance of what is actually true while still gravitating towards one side of the belief spectrum. What we usually refer to as an "agnostic" is someone who is absolutely agnostic and nothing else - one who sits on the fence and refuses to take a position on the spectrum.

Also, your reference to "super-intelligent life" is somewhat unclear as a deity is generally thought of as an entity with supernatual powers. I've met atheists who believe that the universe holds or could hold beings with greater intellectual capabilities than humans. And I agree with them. But where do we draw the line between a being greater than a human and a deity to be worshiped? I would consider "super-intelligent life" distinct from the idea of a personal god.
__________________
Leben heißt für mich, mehr Träume in meiner Seele zu haben als die Realität zerstören kann.
-Hans Kruppa
CruxClaire is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CruxClaire For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #263
Tom Schnadelbach
Senior Member
 
Last Seen: 1 Week Ago
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germany Denmark USA
Country: United States
Gender: Male
Family: Single adult
Occupation: Health care
Politics: National Socialist
Religion: Heathen/Asatru
Posts: 242
Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.

In the Roman Pantheon, nature, Natura was a goddess. I don't know of any act of the Roman senate or some emperor that revoked her status so I suppose she still is a goddess. So if you believe in nature, it would seem illogical to say that you are an atheist, since nature appears to exist. She just might not be sentient. Then again, we don't know that either.

Define "god". The norse gods were not omniscient, not omnipotent, and not immortal. They were going to die on Ragnarok/Götterdämmerung. Baldur was killed by mistletoe.
__________________
Das Recht und die Gerechtigkeit haben nur selten miteinander etwas zu tun. Höchstens machen sie winki winki wenn sie aneinander vorbei gehen.
The Law and Justice have only seldom anything to do with one another. At the most they wave at each other when they pass one another on the street.
Niemals vergessen. Niemals vergeben.
Tom Schnadelbach is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #264
Bernhard
Moderator
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member
 
Bernhard's Avatar
 
Last Seen: 1 Hour Ago
Join Date: Aug 2008
Ethnicity: Dutch
Ancestry: Limburgian (Rhine-franconian)
Subrace: sub-nordid?
Country: Dietsland
State: Limburg (NL)
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Posts: 716
Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Schnadelbach View Post
Define "god". The norse gods were not omniscient, not omnipotent, and not immortal. They were going to die on Ragnarok/Götterdämmerung. Baldur was killed by mistletoe.
They die every end of the year during Ragnarok, i.e. they don't actually die.
__________________
Rather than a Christian, perhaps I am a pagan who believes in Christ. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila-

For one may call the World a Myth, in which bodies and things are visible, but souls and minds hidden. -Sallustius-
Bernhard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernhard For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #265
Tom Schnadelbach
Senior Member
 
Last Seen: 1 Week Ago
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germany Denmark USA
Country: United States
Gender: Male
Family: Single adult
Occupation: Health care
Politics: National Socialist
Religion: Heathen/Asatru
Posts: 242
Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
They die every end of the year during Ragnarok, i.e. they don't actually die.
Then I am not certain of what you are speaking. Perhaps I have misunderstood the meaning of Ragnarok. I can't make the o with a line through it on this keyboard. I believed it to be what we krauts call Götterdämmerung, in english "Twilight of the Gods".

I am not talking about some sort of heathen liturgical year, if that is what you are talking about, Bernhard. And I consider myself to be a germanic heathen. Maybe I'm wrong about that too, but this is what I believe...

There will be a time when the Aesir with the fallen warriors of Valhalla will do battle with the Giants and Hel and the Aesir will die and the world is destroyed.
Then the world is reborn.

It is not symbolic like the christian liturgical year when they pretend that the itinerant faith healer is being born in December, and is killed and raised again in the spring. This will be for real. Real carnage, real death. Real end and real rebirth.

Like I said, that is what I believe. Maybe I'm the only one who takes it literally.

Thank you, Bernhard. Until I thought about what I was writing, I did not know that I really believed it. But then most people have never really examined their beliefs.
__________________
Das Recht und die Gerechtigkeit haben nur selten miteinander etwas zu tun. Höchstens machen sie winki winki wenn sie aneinander vorbei gehen.
The Law and Justice have only seldom anything to do with one another. At the most they wave at each other when they pass one another on the street.
Niemals vergessen. Niemals vergeben.
Tom Schnadelbach is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Schnadelbach For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #266
Bernhard
Moderator
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member
 
Bernhard's Avatar
 
Last Seen: 1 Hour Ago
Join Date: Aug 2008
Ethnicity: Dutch
Ancestry: Limburgian (Rhine-franconian)
Subrace: sub-nordid?
Country: Dietsland
State: Limburg (NL)
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Posts: 716
Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.

Personally I think that to recognize the myths as allegorical is key to understanding them. Although I wouldn't say that the year cycle is the only meaning of the myth of creation followed by Ragnarok, I think it's an important one. The functions of the Gods were primarily those that were visible in the natural world, which is only logical for the type of society that our ancestors had. The birth, death and rebirth of Balder (a sun god) for example is visible in the cycle of the seasons, the days getting longer, shorter and longer again.
That these myths were experienced in daily and annual life has not been documented explicitly, but many folk customs still remind us of this fact. Think of the hornblowing at the end of the year in the north-east of the Netherlands for example, symbolizing the announcement of "the final battle" by Heimdallr. Or the Heir of Wodan roaming around at the end of the year (Perchten and other variations), symbolising the Einherjar.
This specific interpretation of the myths as representing the natural order has been written down quite well by Géza von Neményi in his books, although some parts might be taken with a grain of salt. I can recommend it.
Immortality and absolute goodness as attributes of the Gods have furthermore been documented among other Indo-European peoples (the Celts and Graeco-Romans) despite the 'humanness' they seem to possess in their myths. It hasn't been written down in the case of the Germanic Gods though, but it seems very plausible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Schnadelbach View Post
It is not symbolic like the christian liturgical year when they pretend that the itinerant faith healer is being born in December, and is killed and raised again in the spring. This will be for real. Real carnage, real death. Real end and real rebirth.
The greatest difference is that Christians remember an historical event. While Jesus is believed to have been born in December, year 0, Balder is believed to be born every year, but symbolically. The myths represent realities which are true all the time and do not refer to a specific historically placed event.
__________________
Rather than a Christian, perhaps I am a pagan who believes in Christ. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila-

For one may call the World a Myth, in which bodies and things are visible, but souls and minds hidden. -Sallustius-
Bernhard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #267
Tom Schnadelbach
Senior Member
 
Last Seen: 1 Week Ago
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germany Denmark USA
Country: United States
Gender: Male
Family: Single adult
Occupation: Health care
Politics: National Socialist
Religion: Heathen/Asatru
Posts: 242
Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.

Quote:
...and absolute goodness as attributes of the Gods have furthermore been documented among other Indo-European peoples (the Celts and Graeco-Romans) despite the 'humanness' they seem to possess in their myths.

The graeco-roman gods cannot be said to have been absolutely good. For instance Zeus/Jupiter committed adultery numerous times. And Hera/Juno had a habit of getting even on the poor mortal women whom her husband had violated through no fault of their own.

But then the non indo-european Jehovah commanded the murder of infants.

Deities. You gotta love them. Or else.
__________________
Das Recht und die Gerechtigkeit haben nur selten miteinander etwas zu tun. Höchstens machen sie winki winki wenn sie aneinander vorbei gehen.
The Law and Justice have only seldom anything to do with one another. At the most they wave at each other when they pass one another on the street.
Niemals vergessen. Niemals vergeben.
Tom Schnadelbach is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #268
Bernhard
Moderator
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member
 
Bernhard's Avatar
 
Last Seen: 1 Hour Ago
Join Date: Aug 2008
Ethnicity: Dutch
Ancestry: Limburgian (Rhine-franconian)
Subrace: sub-nordid?
Country: Dietsland
State: Limburg (NL)
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Posts: 716
Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.Bernhard is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Schnadelbach View Post
The graeco-roman gods cannot be said to have been absolutely good. For instance Zeus/Jupiter committed adultery numerous times. And Hera/Juno had a habit of getting even on the poor mortal women whom her husband had violated through no fault of their own.
"But why have they put in the myths stories of adultery, robbery, father-binding, and all the other absurdity? Is not that perhaps a thing worthy of admiration, done so that by means of the visible absurdity the soul may immediately feel that the words are veils and believe the truth to be a mystery?" (Sallustius, On the Gods and the World)

Sallustius was not the only one to explicitly state that the Gods are Good. Iamblichus in his De Mysterii even said that this was acknowledged by (what he called) the barbarians.
__________________
Rather than a Christian, perhaps I am a pagan who believes in Christ. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila-

For one may call the World a Myth, in which bodies and things are visible, but souls and minds hidden. -Sallustius-
Bernhard is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernhard For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, April 4th, 2012   #269
Tom Schnadelbach
Senior Member
 
Last Seen: 1 Week Ago
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germany Denmark USA
Country: United States
Gender: Male
Family: Single adult
Occupation: Health care
Politics: National Socialist
Religion: Heathen/Asatru
Posts: 242
Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.Tom Schnadelbach is noble of speech.

Those things that the gods are reputed to have done would cause their followers to be damned for all eternity if their followers followed their example.


I'm only a simple boy from the country, so I cannot follow Sallustius reasoning. I cannot see how talking about how evil the gods are proves that they are good.
__________________
Das Recht und die Gerechtigkeit haben nur selten miteinander etwas zu tun. Höchstens machen sie winki winki wenn sie aneinander vorbei gehen.
The Law and Justice have only seldom anything to do with one another. At the most they wave at each other when they pass one another on the street.
Niemals vergessen. Niemals vergeben.
Tom Schnadelbach is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, August 12th, 2012   #270
Ishild
Member
 
Ishild's Avatar
 
Last Seen: Sunday, August 12th, 2012
Join Date: Oct 2011
Ethnicity: German 1/2, Irish 1/4, Baltid 1/4
Gender: Female
Posts: 17
Ishild shows some promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post

Suppose you REALLY BELIEVE that there is no God...
and you REALLY BELIEVE that there's no intelligent purpose or design to the universe...
So, therefore, you believe that nothing REALLY MATTERS. (belief, actions, etc...)
And that is your conclusion? Not believing in god does not you require you to be ultimate nihilist; Just having ethics of your own and giving your own life meaning outside a religion or a belief.

Quote:
Then, why would you go through the trouble arguing about it?
UNLESS...
you REALLY DON'T BELIEVE what you claim?

Every Atheist who argues therefore has to be a fake.



If you don't get the video, or what's written above then think a little bit more about it.
Because believers often oppress people who want to think outside the scheme.
Because it's irrational and this world lacks common sense.
Because some of the greatest monstrosities were committed in the name of God.
Because in the name of religion intellectual development had been stopped for centuries - intellectual slavery, when philosophy became slave to the Church, when anything in discord with preachings was 'Satanic' and inquisition's raids.

These are all well-known facts and as such do not require any belief as you claim.

Quote:
Atheists believe there is no meaning or purpose to anything.
NO. This is what YOU believe about atheists.
Not all atheists are same mind you, but you seem to claim that is the case.
Ishild is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ishild For This Useful Post:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To All Atheists: How Did You Become Atheist and Why? Sigurd Agnosticism & Atheism 58 Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 12:57 PM
How to Respond to the Ex-Atheist Out of Germania Agnosticism & Atheism 0 Saturday, August 29th, 2009 01:03 PM
Atheist Asatruar? Siegfried Germanic Heathenry 12 Monday, April 30th, 2007 04:59 PM
Theist or Atheist? Ederico Agnosticism & Atheism 27 Tuesday, October 28th, 2003 12:02 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Skadi.net.
Except where otherwise noted, all content on this site is licensed.
[ Disclaimer ] [ Contact Us ] [ Privacy Statement ]

Powered by Skadi.net  Creative Commons License

Page generated in 0.63837 seconds with 15 queries