Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Fashion & Beauty
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fashion & Beauty Forum dedicated to topics covering fashion & beauty. Discuss your favorite designers, styles & trends and share useful tips & tricks. Debate aspects of health related to beauty & fashion.

View Poll Results: Women, do you shave your body hair?
Yes, all of it. 32 48.48%
Yes, but only part of it. (e.g. just armpit hair or leg hair, but not pubic hair) 19 28.79%
No, but I trim it. 1 1.52%
No, I stay 100% natural. No shaving or trimming at all. 8 12.12%
Other. 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Women, Do You Shave Your Body Hair?

Old Saturday, March 31st, 2012   #51
Thusnelda
Lost in Melancholia
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Bavarian tribe
Ancestry: Bavarian
Subrace: Nordid-Borreby
State: Bavaria
Politics: Regionalist-conservative
Religion: Įsatrś/Forn Sišr
Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefo View Post
Right... well I think you were able to understand my point. Here in America, if you are a woman, and you have armpit hair sticking out where people can see it (say your wearing a dress or tanktop) your gonna be shunned. Just saying.
Well, then some of your people (thankfully not all - some of the best users on Skadi are Americans) have seriously messed-up views of "normality" when they consider forcefully circumcised men as the appropriate norm and European women with almost unremarkable light and natural body hair as "condemnable". I guess you can thank your media and the ruling caste for such almost perverse brainwashing and reeducation of the masses.
Quote:
I dont date women with hairy armpits or legs, and neither do most guys in America. I was just pointing out an obvious cultural difference.
That“s such a superficial stance, I can“t find any more words. So all emotional compatibility, all beauty and all positive character traits are void if there are some tiny hair where nature wants them to be on human bodies?

<- He did succeed if you think like that about European women.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thusnelda is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Thusnelda For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, March 31st, 2012   #52
Godwinson

Ethnicity: English
Ancestry: English, Anglo-Saxon
Family: Married
Politics: Fascist
Religion: Pagan
Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

I have to go with Sefo and Heidi on this one. I find women with no hair (in certain parts) more attractive and I can't really do much about this - it's just a visual thing I realise that character, emotional compatibilty and suchlike are important factors too but, all things being equal, I'd much prefer a woman who shaves to one who doesn't.

This is perhaps widening the issue slightly but I don't even like a lot of body hair on males and seem to have developed some on my torso recently that I could well do without I suppose you either like the stuff or you don't but I do think it's more acceptable for men.
Godwinson is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Godwinson For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, March 31st, 2012   #53
Sefo
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: British Isles
State: North Carolina
Religion: Atheist
Sefo shows some promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Yes, it's perfectly okay and uncontroversial in America for a white woman to procreate with a negro, but God forbid she doesn't shave her armpits!

Seems to me our priorities are pretty jacked up.
Well that had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, but ok. Sure.

Quote:
So you’re saying that if a woman like, say, Kirsten Dunst didn’t shave it would be a deal breaker for you? If so, I’d have to call into question your heterosexual credentials. In any case, if a woman is physically attractive, she’s going to be physically attractive whether she shaves or not, MTV beauty standards be damned.
Your questioning my sexuality because i'm not attracted to hairy women? lol OK whatever buddy. I guess most straight men in America must really be gay. Its all a conspiracy.
Sefo is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sefo For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, April 5th, 2012   #54
Wulfaz

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: German
Subrace: Nordid
Family: Single adult
Politics: National-Conservative
Religion: Agnosticism
Wulfaz is noble of speech.Wulfaz is noble of speech.

I think we have a new term:

the Pilophobia (latin Pilus, Pili means hair) what is a new, modern mental disorder when the people hate own body/facial hair by the brainwasher media and the fashion-chemical industry. If the media spread that the eyebrows are disguisting, you would shave your eyebrow? Or? Why do not shave your heads? Buy wig what is easy-car and anti-bacterial! Buy different wig for every day of a week that your wig pass your shoes! Consume! Consume! Consume!
Wulfaz is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wulfaz For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, April 5th, 2012   #55
EQ Fighter

Ethnicity: German/Irish
State: Texas
Family: Single
Politics: Libertarian/Conservative
EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefo View Post
Right... well I think you were able to understand my point. Here in America, if you are a woman, and you have armpit hair sticking out where people can see it (say your wearing a dress or tanktop) your gonna be shunned. Just saying. That is not considered attractive here at all. Quite the opposite. If your wearing shorts and your legs are more hairy than a dudes... well you get the point.

However you feel about it, I'm just saying, it is what it is.

I don’t date women with hairy armpits or legs, and neither do most guys in America. I was just pointing out an obvious cultural difference.
Well to be Realistic, in the past the outfits and clothing worn by women were not quite as revealing as they are today.

And there in I think lies the problem, in the modern world a woman in shorts or a mini is going to look a bit odd, if she does not shave her legs.

I think it all boils down to the outfit and what would be appropriate.
EQ Fighter is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, April 5th, 2012   #56
Žoreišar

Ethnicity: Scandinavian
Ancestry: Norwegian + Finnish
Subrace: Nordid-Fęlid
Family: Single adult
Politics: Nationalism
Religion: Heathen worldview
Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.Žoreišar is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post
Well to be Realistic, in the past the outfits and clothing worn by women were not quite as revealing as they are today.
Sure they did.

The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, April 5th, 2012   #57
EQ Fighter

Ethnicity: German/Irish
State: Texas
Family: Single
Politics: Libertarian/Conservative
EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
Sure they did.

I was referring more along the lines of the 1700- 1900. Also that was more of a ceremonial outfit I think.
EQ Fighter is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Friday, April 6th, 2012   #58
Godwinson

Ethnicity: English
Ancestry: English, Anglo-Saxon
Family: Married
Politics: Fascist
Religion: Pagan
Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Godwinson 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

Quote:
I think we have a new term:

the Pilophobia (latin Pilus, Pili means hair) what is a new, modern mental disorder when the people hate own body/facial hair by the brainwasher media and the fashion-chemical industry. If the media spread that the eyebrows are disguisting, you would shave your eyebrow? Or? Why do not shave your heads? Buy wig what is easy-car and anti-bacterial! Buy different wig for every day of a week that your wig pass your shoes! Consume! Consume! Consume!
I think we're getting things slightly out of proportion here, Wulfaz

I have a preference for shaven parts of the body and think females with no/little body hair look better than the hairier ladies.

I'm sorry, but this does not make me a 'media victim'. There are dozens of things the media promotes that I totally disregard, so when I just happen to fall in line (of my own volition!) with something they're plugging that doesn't necessarily mean I've been 'brainwashed'. After all, there are only TWO options to chose from in this instance - you shave or you don't!

I've also stated that, personally, I'd rather not have a hairy chest but that doesn't mean I hate my own body - another overreaction! I would simply prefer it hairless (as it once was) if I had the choice but this is no big deal; I'm merely being honest and can assure you there's no mental disorder involved

I think we have to keep things in perspective and not assume that those who shave their legs will also remove their eyebrows if ordered to do so. I could use a similar logic and claim that women who let hair grow on their legs have a secret desire to grow beards as well but I don't go in for such amateur psychology, which invariable leads to stupid conclusions!

Why can we not just accept that people have different tastes and leave it at that, rather than suspecting a fiendish plot led by the fashion-chemical industry? Whilst I don't doubt that they're after a fast buck (like all industries!) this is definitely a demand-led phenomenon rather than an attempt to impose a new fashion on the public.
Godwinson is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Godwinson For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, April 8th, 2012   #59
Sefo
Account Inactive

Ancestry: British Isles
State: North Carolina
Religion: Atheist
Sefo shows some promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post

And there in I think lies the problem, in the modern world a woman in shorts or a mini is going to look a bit odd, if she does not shave her legs.

I think it all boils down to the outfit and what would be appropriate.
Well there is certainly more to it then that. Even if she is covered head to toe in a ski suit every day of the week.... when its time to get down to bumpin ugly's...... the ski suit is coming off and if she's got as much hair on her as I do then Its going to be a big problem. No getting around that.
Sefo is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sefo For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, April 17th, 2012   #60
reenreen

Subrace: Nordeby
reenreen shows some promise.

Well, I think shaving hair or even cutting hair is pretty useless i mean it grows back all the time! Why waste time dealing with it? I used to shave my pits, legs, and pubic hair all the time and i tried just growing everything out and i liked it! It just feels more natural to me and not fake. Right now, i do shave my pits, legs, and pubic hair just because i feel like it at this point, but eventually i am going to grow everything out again.
reenreen is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reenreen For This Useful Post: