Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 40,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 300 topic forums and browse from over 700,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Genetics & Human Microbiology
Register FAQ Rules Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Genetics & Human Microbiology Establishing relationships, similarities & differences within the human genome. Discuss genetics & human microbiology.

Your Y-DNA and mtDNA Tests Results ?

Old Sunday, January 22nd, 2012   #251
BroBro

Ethnicity: Frisian
Ancestry: Predominately Frisian
State: Frisia
Family: Married
Religion: none
BroBro has earned the respect of peers.

One possibilty for the extra-West Asian admixture in Germany and Netherlands maybe the Magyars.

"In the beginning of the fifth century AD the Magyars began to move west. Their movements through the region for the next four centuries are somewhat unclear and are resumed again at around 830 AD They had become a newly established government above the Maeotis. This body of Magyars consisted of seven hordes (tribes). By this time they were living on the plain, at the steppes of the Urals and even it the Caucasus."

"At one point the Magyars were in alliance with the Khazars (the powerful Turkic nation, famous for its conversion to the Israelite faith, which at the time, held the mouths of the Volga), which may or may not have been equal. "

Magyars were considered the scourge of Europe.

Ancient Frisian literature also speaks of the Magyars.

http://www.thenagain.info/WebChron/E...e/Magyars.html

Although, they did mostly settle in Hungary.

Still exploring other possibilities for higher rates of West Asian/Caucasus DNA in Germany/Netherlands than Norway.
BroBro is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, January 22nd, 2012   #252
BroBro

Ethnicity: Frisian
Ancestry: Predominately Frisian
State: Frisia
Family: Married
Religion: none
BroBro has earned the respect of peers.

As you can see Denmark has only 1 to 5% West Asian admixture while Germany and Netherlands average in the 5 to 10% range.

The Netherlands actually averages 10% from the research I have read.

West Asian admixture does not affect all Germanic areas proportionately.

This leads me to believe that West Asian admixture is mostly, or all foreign to a proto-Germanic population.

You can see the way some sort of a siege, or westward later migration seems to have affected the genetic makeup of our current Germanic populations.
BroBro is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, March 12th, 2012   #253
Barreldriver
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
State: Tennessee
Family: Single adult
Barreldriver 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Barreldriver 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Barreldriver 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Barreldriver 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Barreldriver 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

There was a calculator for the Eurogenes K=13 on March 4, 2012 WE.13.Q

My ID is US83

This is what I got with the calculator:

Lineage migration - Hatfield, Yorkshire, England ->Stainforth, Yorkshire, England ->Whitgift, Yorkshire, England->Blacktoft, Yorkshire, England->Mecklenburg County, Virginia ->Rutherford County, North Carolina ->Overton County, Tennessee.
Barreldriver is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barreldriver For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, March 28th, 2012   #254
Kussmaul

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: Denmark Germany England Ireland
Subrace: Nordid
State: California
Politics: Disgusted
Religion: Catholic Memories
Kussmaul 's reputation has not travelled afar.

Signed up for 23andme yesterday. Can't wait to get my kit. Can't wait to get the results. Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Guess I'll just have to wait.
Kussmaul is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Friday, April 13th, 2012   #255
MrMasterarms

Ethnicity: Celto-Germanic
Ancestry: Predominatly Germany
State: East Flanders
Politics: Right Wing
MrMasterarms 's reputation has not travelled afar.

Heey i'm Stieven from Belgium(Flemish north) and i'm new here on this site,found it do search of my ancestry for some reason.My haplogroup is I subclade I2b2(L38) and my MtDNA is Haplogroup H witch both are very European but there is one thing that bothers me is that even tough my DNA tells me i'm german/austrian i'm worried that i could be something else still :O cause i look more celtic then germanic witch doesn't really bothers me.. but i heard a woman say to me once that i looked jewish. witch made me mad for some reason! i really want to know what i am cause dna tells you allot but it doesn't tell you everything. I have copper/auburn hair i'm 183cm,broad shoulders,hazel eyes,freckles,very pales skin,roman nose,strong jawline. i really want to know what you guys think thank you

i would show you guys a foto in my avatar but i first have to do 15 post so i just tought i start of with this

Last edited by Juthunge : Saturday, May 12th, 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Mind your privacy...
MrMasterarms is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday, April 17th, 2012   #256
MoreNordidThanYou

Ethnicity: Hallstatt/Keltic Nordid
Ancestry: Norse-Viking
State: California
MoreNordidThanYou 's reputation has not travelled afar.

How much admixture?

How much Neanderthal genetics can someone have before it affects their subrace? I think there are people out there that have relatively high percentages of Neanderthal genetics; relative to the 1-4% found in test results made available to the public's knowledge. If we agree we are all hybrids then how do we define subraces? Is it based on which percentage is the highest? If so, how can we tell? It seems to me that we don't have enough information to classify those with a high level of admixture. Do those people just pick whichever suits them best?

Neanderthal genetics seem to exhibit some very visible physical characteristics as well as psychological ones, where the latter are likely a product of time spent during ice ages in areas where hunting as packs was necessary. Tens of thousands of years hunting large game in packs as carnivors will breed certain traits. We can see an example of those traits when observing current pack hunters. Sapiens on the other hand brought a completely different Being, with almost opposite characteristics both physically and psychologically, to combine into the hybrids we are today. Sapiens are found to have been hunter gatherers due to the more temperate regions which they evolved in. I think the period when the ice age ended was extremely volatile due to the meeting of the two species after being apart for tens of thousands of years. I understand that Sapiens were the Neanderthals prey and this could have felt perfectly normal to the Neanderthals. Who were probably pretty happy to come across an area with so much food. It may have seemed like a holy land for the Neanderthals.

It seems plausible to me that there were several tribes, maybe twelve. All different but undoubtedly all Sapiens. All very beautiful, soulful Beings. As the definition of a species requires, they could all breed together and produce fertile offspring. Then the Neanderthal species arrived and found Sapien women to be beautiful. After their bellies were full with Sapien flesh why not have their way with some of the females? Due to them being a different species it was very difficult to bear offspring. But it happened. Similar to today how an RH- mother will have one RH+ child but the second will be aborted without suppressing the immune system with drugs.

I hope I am not getting too off point for this thread. Today, tens of thousands of years later we not only have the admixture of the Sapien tribes but admixture of a totally different species. The premise of this speculation is the question of how do we classify subraces? It definitely seems to be on physical appearance but keep in mind I am not well educated on the classification of subraces. But I am well aware of the similarities that those who resemble eachother exhibit. I am well educated in areas outside classification and I understand how complex and vague what we call the Human race has become due to its amalgamation. I look forward to applying what I have learned to the process of classification I am very interested in how admixture, especially Neanderthal admixture, affects classification.
MoreNordidThanYou is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, June 16th, 2012   #257
Järnsida

Ethnicity: Swedish
Ancestry: Swedish, Finland-Swedish, Walloon
Subrace: Don't know
Politics: Ethnopluralism
Religion: Determinism
Järnsida shows some promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreNordidThanYou View Post
I understand that Sapiens were the Neanderthals prey and this could have felt perfectly normal to the Neanderthals. Who were probably pretty happy to come across an area with so much food. It may have seemed like a holy land for the Neanderthals.

It seems plausible to me that there were several tribes, maybe twelve. All different but undoubtedly all Sapiens. All very beautiful, soulful Beings. As the definition of a species requires, they could all breed together and produce fertile offspring. Then the Neanderthal species arrived and found Sapien women to be beautiful. After their bellies were full with Sapien flesh why not have their way with some of the females?

The Neanderthals were cannibals (essentially)? And what makes you think the male Neanderthals interbred? Why not the male sapiens? I find the latter more likely since the Neanderthals obviously were the victims.
Järnsida is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, June 27th, 2012   #258
Hesse
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
Subrace: Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
State: Minnesota
Politics: German supremacist
Religion: Holy Bible
Hesse 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Hesse 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Hesse 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Hesse 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Hesse 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
00.11% East African I was really hoping to find 0% here, as I totally hope they debunk the out of Eastern-Africa origins theory
Percentages that low are usually just what is called noise and is not representative of your real ancestry. I would negate it.

Congratualtions on your results, though! They seem very Germanic.
Hesse is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote