Filmstrip - Go to Animals
Saxonia
Brunonia
Icelandic horse
Bronze sword oath
Black raven
Current

Toolkit
Animals - Icelandic horse

Click for larger version

Information
Posted By Aeternitas [Profile] [Gallery] Category Animals
Original Filesize 50.8 KB Original Dimensions 423 x 599
Date Posted Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008 Number Of Views 2630
Number Of Comments 9 Average Rating 4.83
Title Icelandic horse
Description The Icelandic horse is a breed of horse that has lived in Iceland since the mid-800s AD, having been brought to the island by Viking settlers. The Icelandic Horse originated from breeds taken from Scandinavian and European countries to Iceland during the original and subsequent settlements but has now been bred for centuries without the addition of outside bloodstock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Comments
#6
Image Tuesday, May 11th, 2010
arvak
Senior Member

Image

Join Date: Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 106
Gallery: 0
Comments: 1
Icelandic horse

Its my tag picture. You might find its Norway
arvak is offline
#7
Image Saturday, June 12th, 2010
Mrs vonTrep
Like nobody else



Join Date: Jun 2010
Forum Posts: 687
Gallery: 2
Comments: 10
Icelandic horse

Beautiful! I love this picture.
__________________
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule,
where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.
Mrs vonTrep is offline
#8
Image Tuesday, April 19th, 2011
Autosomal Viking
Funding Member



Join Date: Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 656
Gallery: 0
Comments: 9
Icelandic horse

Really nice picture and very interesting description. Thanks for sharing.
Autosomal Viking is offline
#9
Image Tuesday, July 19th, 2011
TXRog
Senior Member

Image

Join Date: Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 734
Gallery: 150
Comments: 27
Icelandic horse

These little horses are amazing.

My sister keeps her horse (a Mustang) at a stable where there are several of these "Viking horses" - very "smooth" ride (they have their own unique gait, they have the sweetest temperament and they never seem to get tired).

Ironic that they were bred by the Vikings, historically known throughout the world as being such a violent, barbaric and savage peoples.

A most applicable quote is this one...

"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals."
— Paul McCartney (former Beatle)
TXRog is offline
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Powered by PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.6