No announcement yet.

Forum Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see it is back now, think I checked if the site was up and running around 4 times a day. I want to say thanks to the people working to get the site up, good work!

Myself I always hang out on Stormfront, got an infranction because I said finns, eastern russians and southern poles were around 5% asiatic, LOL! (i was even being kind only mentioning 5%)

Apparently I was "attacking other white people".

Alot of tough biased mods over at SF and alot of lowbrow posts otherwise a decent site.

Comment

Thanks to those who worked diligently to get our community back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by EQ Fighter View Post
        So what took it down in the first place?
        The forum had a lot of database errors. We were not under any attack. As to what caused the errors, we are unsure at this point.

Comment

Well, I am very glad Skadi is back and let's hope it's back for good this time. With Skadi being down for the last 2 out of 3 weeks makes for a very depressing down time. It stinks that the last 2 weeks activity were erased from skadi history because of some computer crash. Last I remember, I responded to a very good thread on here and next thing the site just crashed. Of course when your getting 10 thank you's from ghost members with names like" so and so revenge factor" 2 minutes after you post does make you wonder what is going on.

With Skadi being down I was stuck watching Hatfield and McCoy's feudin all week long and just wondered when this site would ever come on again. Well I am glad Skadi's back because the feudin' is getting old.

I just want to thank the staff at skadi for doing a great job of getting the site back and up and running, you guys did a great job...
          Last edited by Balders gate; Monday, June 4th, 2012, 03:49 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by Aeternitas View Post
            Due to technical difficulties we have unfortunately lost the data from the last cca. 2 weeks. This includes both threads/posts and related but also new registrations. So if you registered an account on/after the 21st of May you will need to re-register. We are sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately there was no other way. Our host sat for days trying to fix the problem.

Also, we upgraded to 3.6.12 patch level 2 so some modifications like thread of the day won't work anymore. We may get back to this at a later time.

Thanks for our members' understanding and patience.

A.
            Yeah, i realized that whole thread "Operation Fridericus" (aka Battle of Kharkov II ) is gone.

Thanks for posting the restore date.

Comment

Well, sorry about that. It's better to keep a backup of one's most important posts in a Word document or notepad for all situations. Can be annoying, I know. e.g. My partner and I would write some lengthy posts and lose them before posting because the computer would crash or Internet connection go down, and similar stuff happened to many other users here.

Comment

Glad Skadi's back, I was worried for a minute there.

Comment

I was worried for a bit that this might be permanent... Fortunately I see its not.

Comment

I missed the forum, I didn't have anyone to talk with that shared my views.
                    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Comment

Great job, database masters!!!

Comment

Forum Back

I am appreciative of the labor expended to revitalize
                        this Germanic Forum.It provides a view point needed in
                        today's world.Thank You!
                        Last edited by JimJam; Monday, June 4th, 2012, 07:03 AM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Good job restoring it Admins & staff, a great many songs out there on the theme 'you don't know what you have until it's gone' I suppose for good reason.

Now to restore my post of the Israeli racial strife, though I'm sad all the great comments from the thread are no more "... I hope your cat is raped, I hope your goldfish gets raped"

Comment

Originally posted by Todesritter View Post
                            Good job restoring it Admins & staff, a great many songs out there on the theme 'you don't know what you have until it's gone' I suppose for good reason.

Now to restore my post of the Israeli racial strife, though I'm sad all the great comments from the thread are no more "... I hope your cat is raped, I hope your goldfish gets raped"
                            Reposted it, the original article, but it was immediately migrated by an admin to a sub-post of a new thread ...

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=149963

... and responses in this newer thread are much more tame

Comment

Well,
                              Originally posted by Todesritter View Post
                              though I'm sad all the great comments from the thread are no more "... I hope your cat is raped, I hope your goldfish gets raped"
                              Such comments were written here, on Skadi? This is absolutely intolerable and if they were left standing the only reason must have been that the mods may not have noticed them yet to take action.

Btw, Google cache can come in handy for such situations. If anyone wants to restore a thread, you can look the title on Google and click the cache link, with a bit of luck... @MCP3 http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Comment

Originally posted by Aeternitas View Post
                                Well,
                                Such comments were written here, on Skadi? This is absolutely intolerable and if they were left standing the only reason must have been that the mods may not have noticed them yet to take action.

They were paraphrasing the angry Jews berating those Israelis friendly to the immigrants in a video posted, I can't remember by whom, as a response to the original thread.

Yes, lowbrow, vulgar, & silly, but they did not seem entirely out of place; poor Israeli goldfish

Comment

Working...
                                X