PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren't More People Posting?

Northern Paladin
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Why aren't more Memberes posting? It seems like a minority of the people are making all the threads/posts. Fallen_Angel alone is like half the forum.

This forum seems to have a lot of members that make only a few posts. To be exact 152 Members visist a day but it seems only 1% of those people actually makek posts on a daily or even weekly basis. Why is that?

I'm just saying because I'm curious and because this place would be better if more people participated reguarly.

Taras Bulba
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Well I can only speak for myself. I'm constantly facing issues of fatigue in relation to my work. Much of the time I can't think clearly enough to engage in any discussions to any great extent.

Secondly, being non-Germanic, there's really only so much I can talk about here anyways.

Northern Paladin
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Well I can only speak for myself. I'm constantly facing issues of fatigue in relation to my work. Much of the time I can't think clearly enough to engage in any discussions to any great extent.

Secondly, being non-Germanic, there's really only so much I can talk about here anyways.

Well the frist part is understandable. However most threads aren't Germanic specific. Haven't you read the thread about Cookery and Gossip? That one's a real Gem.:D

Taras Bulba
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Well the frist part is understandable. However most threads aren't Germanic specific. Haven't you read the thread about Cookery and Gossip? That one's a real Gem.:D

No I haven't read those threads, simply because I'm not interested in discussing those topics.

Im well aware that most threads here are not Germanic specific, but they're often started by Germanic members. So if if I understand the rules correctly, they get more leeway room for that than non-Germanic members - who can have their accounts disabled because they're not discussing Germanic topics enough.

And if I may add a third reason: many subjects that greatly interest me personally are not shared by the vast majority of members here anyways. So what's really the point of creating threads about them?

Matamoros
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Maybe we're all just quiet people. :confused:

I think people here like to have something significant to contribute to a thread, rather than post a reply which needs no thought.

Gefjon
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 08:46 AM
152 was the biggest number of visitors on this forum, nowadays there ain't so many. It's the Christmas holidays, what do you expect? :p

I'm very talkative what can I say but not everyone is like that. :D Some folks don't visit the forum daily and don't have time to always post a lot. It happens like that on all forums, dear, there is a set of regulars that dominate the forum and the other folks who contribute just occasionally. ;)

Matamoros
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I've also considered that some people may not have been brought up to be proud of who they are, and are reading this forum to try and learn more about and become aware of their Germanic identity. If this is the case for anyone I guess they prefer to read more than they write.

mischak
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 08:56 AM
152 was the biggest number of visitors on this forum, nowadays there ain't so many.

I thought most members on at one time was around 300? :confused:

Gefjon
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I thought most members on at one time was around 300? :confused:
OOps my mistake, I meant members.

The most members online over 24 hours was 152

BeornWulfWer
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 11:04 AM
And if I may add a third reason: many subjects that greatly interest me personally are not shared by the vast majority of members here anyways. So what's really the point of creating threads about them?

Well,why not post the subjects you speak of and let the forum members decide?:)

I've also considered that some people may not have been brought up to be proud of who they are, and are reading this forum to try and learn more about and become aware of their Germanic identity. If this is the case for anyone I guess they prefer to read more than they write.

When Skadi was still up and running,i became a member but never made many posts or threads as i was just happy to use it as a referencing point on interesting subjects.
It is the same with The Althing and other forums i frequent.
I do try to post as much as i can but i find that by the time i have finished work,i'm just too tired to do much.

Thusnelda
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I guess some people are following the guideline "Quality over quantity", and I dont think thats a bad thing. :)
Personally, I dont have so much time.

SpeedDemon
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
For my part I don't feel I have anything to say that someone else has not already said. I don't want to make a "me too" post.

Carl
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM

---if one is into this kind of kind. Others might be more interested in immigration..... or even the rights of Serbia in modern Europe !?:rolleyes:

Gefjon
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 03:14 PM
---if one is into this kind of kind. Others might be more interested in immigration..... or even the rights of Serbia in modern Europe !?:rolleyes:
Or even Germanic preservation! :eek: Maybe they leave the Serbian related stuff to white nationalist forums. ;)

Next World
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Because they have other things they would rather spend their time and energy doing.

Personally, for me, this forum is better for reading than for hardcore discussion. Most of what I want to talk about, I all ready have places to discuss and argue about. And if I bring such things here it is horrifically anti-Germanic :rolleyes:. Because it is anti-Germanic for one to cook her own food. She ought to go purchase massive amounts of cheetos and twinkies and feed herself on such things, instead. That is the German way.

I often get the feeling that nobody would want to discuss things I feel like bringing up. Especially in terms of high-brow content. This is a very different forum, with a very different group of people, from the ones where I am used to posting.

Plus, I am usually tired when I am browsing the forum. It is not a good time for me to make a thread of my own, or to respond to anything that isn't first Nature to me.

See, this thread was easy for me to respond to because I'm used to people complaining about piddley things. Refer some friends to the forum. Maybe they'll help to pick it up.

Old Winter
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I am a bit buzzy these weeks.

Freydis
Monday, December 24th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I try to contribute where I feel like it, but sometimes I cannot think of much to say that hasn't already been said before.

That being said, it seems Fallen Angel is quickly catching me up. o_O I totally didn't realise how many posts I had.

Æmeric
Wednesday, December 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I try to do my share, but I haven't been around as much lately.

Ragnar Thorsson
Wednesday, December 26th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Because Althing is not Skadi!

varangian_guard
Wednesday, December 26th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I only post when I have something interesting to contribute. Otherwise, I just "lurk" and read what other people have to say.

Another reason is guilt, I guess. I can't quite get over the fact that browsing this, shall we say, "right." I have the same feeling when I get seconds at a party before everyone else has had refreshments. Or when I double dip. Maybe it's just because I don't want anyone to find out I am browsing such a website, they just wouldn't understand. Only times I actually log in and post something is when I am pissed off or alone.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, December 27th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Because Althing is not Skadi!

In name only,you might as well call this Skadi II. Though it seems we lost some members during the transtion.