Lostchild1962
Wednesday, November 19th, 2003, 12:34 PM
How do I give rep points?
Thank You

Thorburn
Wednesday, November 19th, 2003, 02:04 PM
How do I give rep points?
Thank You
Click on this button under the post for which you want to give points: http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/buttons/reputation.gif

- Thorburn

Lostchild1962
Thursday, November 20th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Click on this button under the post for which you want to give points: http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/buttons/reputation.gif

- Thorburn

- Thorburn
Thank You.. :)

Thorburn
Thursday, November 20th, 2003, 10:12 PM
- Thorburn
Thank You.. :)It was, as always, a privilege. ;)

- Thorburn

bocian
Sunday, March 7th, 2004, 11:20 PM
How do you check who you received rep points from?

It showed before the meltdown we had a few days ago.

Nordgau
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Points which you received during that time period of these one, two weeks which got lost then, are also lost.

Points which you received before and which you receive now should appear in your user cp...

bocian
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 12:09 AM
I just don't know which points came from who...It used to show who you got points from.

Nordgau
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Hmm... can't tell you what the reason is. It's just as fine as it was before in my cp.

Thorburn
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I just don't know which points came from who...It used to show who you got points from.Only members who have at least one orange ball/globe (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=6014) can see them.

If you could read them already but now no longer, then your status was reset after the HDD crash because you lost membership time, posts, and reputation points. I reenabled it.

bocian
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks Njord.

cosmocreator
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 05:20 AM
I was going to make a new thread on rep points but I'll just do it here.

I think the reasons people give rep points are as varied as there are people. Initially (like 6-12 months ago), I only gave points to intelligent posts. And I rarely gave them to anybody. Lately, I've been going to the bottom of the list and giving them to people who have little or none. Sort of raising them out of oblivion. If you're in the top 10, especially if you have 1000+ points, I won't give reps points irrespective of posts. Just see no point to it. In the past, if anybody ever gave me negative points, I'd search through that person's posts and find one I could give them negative points on. I never got negative points from them again.

I think, as of today, I'm going to start giving negative points to everyone. That doesn't mean I'll be giving negative points to good posts. I suggest everyone do the same. Rate every post if you want. This way, it's based less on favoritism. It's more honest, more realistic, more dynamic.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Rep points are for just fun. It will be like that on this forum always. Too bad.

cosmocreator
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Rep points are for just fun. It will be like that on this forum always. Too bad.

Then we can assume no one is going to mind getting negative points.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Then we can assume no one is going to mind getting negative points.

whatever happens, happens.

cosmocreator
Monday, March 8th, 2004, 06:57 AM
whatever happens, happens.

So you read the message in the negative points I gave you. :D Some members are easier to give to than others. Nordhammer and Frans are two that are difficult. Not due to favoritism but just difficult to find posts that are worthy of negative points. I'll be keeping a close eye on them. :hitler

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Njord, did you change the rep points? Seems before when someone gave you points it used to be about 35 points. Now it's 4.

Demigorgona
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 06:23 PM
hmm I tend to only give good rep and then only for good posts and i try to only give rep to people who arent j o o lovers. :>

Maybe I will start giving negative rep to the j o o lovers though.

gorgeousgal2k2
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I tend to only give good rep for posts that make me laugh or that i agree with. I will give good rep to people who don't like me if they make a good post or one that makes me smile. :)

I tend to give bad rep to posts that i find totally out of order - but i don't really give them that much.

By the way, why do some reputation points increase ur rep by like 20 points, but others only increase it by 9 or under? :confused

Demigorgona
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 06:52 PM
It goes by if you are a moderator or not, or admin or not ... how many posts you have --> 1000 posts = 1 more rep point you can give, how long you have been on --> 1 year = 1 rep point you can give and how many green dots you have --> 1 green dot = 1 rep point you can give.

gorgeousgal2k2
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 07:09 PM
cool, thanx :)

old aryan
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 08:43 PM
You know, I REALLY like smilies, myself:D :D :D

:carrot :pepper :bravo :clap :thumbsup :thumbsup :victory (Nixon!!!!???)

Mac Seafraidh
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I really do not know how the reputations points work that is why I have never praised anyone's post before if any are thinking why this kid hasn't complemented anyone. Now I think I know how to use them but still kinda unsure???

cosmocreator
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 02:48 AM
I really do not know how the reputations points work that is why I have never praised anyone's post before if any are thinking why this kid hasn't complemented anyone. Now I think I know how to use them but still kinda unsure???

You give reputation points with this botton under the person's avatar

http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/buttons/reputation.gif

Abby Normal
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Only members who have at least one orange ball/globe (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=6014) can see them.
Hahaha. This ranking system is almost as complicated as the British peerage system. ;)

Milesian
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I only give Rep points to either very informative posts, to ones which are especially significant to me, or ones I strongly agree with.

I have never given negative points as I don't see the point. If I don't like a post, I either reply to it and debate it or I just ignore it if I can't be bothered.
If people have recieved rep points because others have really enjoyed their post, I don't think I have any right deducting it from them whether I believe I have good cause or just on a whim.

cosmocreator
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Negative rep points exist for a reason. No? Otherwise, there'd be no choice. Only postive points -- no other choice.

Anyway, I've given negative points to several people but only a few have given them to me. They gave them mostly out of spite because I gave them some or because they don't like me personally and not because of what I posted.

Milesian
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Negative rep points exist for a reason. No? Otherwise, there'd be no choice. Only postive points -- no other choice.

Anyway, I've given negative points to several people but only a few have given them to me. They gave them mostly out of spite because I gave them some or because they don't like me personally and not because of what I posted.

Yeah, of course they exist for anyone who wants to deduct points from others for whatever reason, I just meant that I personally never consider doing so. I don't feel inclined to do so just because the option exists.
It's up to you to do so if you wish, cosmo.

Most people will feel inclined to "return the favour" if you give them negative rep points, I've considered it myself in the past but decided to rise above it instead ;)

cosmocreator
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah, of course they exist for anyone who wants to deduct points from others for whatever reason, I just meant that I personally never consider doing so. I don't feel inclined to do so just because the option exists.
It's up to you to do so if you wish, cosmo.

Most people will feel inclined to "return the favour" if you give them negative rep points, I've considered it myself in the past but decided to rise above it instead ;)

Back in the early days, I thought the reputation thing should be done away with. Even when I was at the top of the list, I still said it should be done away with. I still think that.

I think the thing is rigged anyway. You have more green marks, you're reps are worth more, you have more posts, your reps are worth more. Why should getting points from a new member be worth one point, while getting points from someone like myself, is worth 35, or whatever.

Milesian
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Back in the early days, I thought the reputation thing should be done away with. Even when I was at the top of the list, I still said it should be done away with. I still think that.

I think the thing is rigged anyway. You have more green marks, you're reps are worth more, you have more posts, your reps are worth more. Why should getting points from a new member be worth one point, while getting points from someone like myself, is worth 35, or whatever.

Well, perhaps it is worth taking up with Njord if you feel that it is unfair. I can only guess that a veteran's rep point is worth more because it is assumed that they are valued poster who's opinion carries some weight, as well as being simply a perk of being a vet.

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to the whole rep point system. It is nice to occasionally recieve a rep point with a message from someone saying why they enjoyed your post, other than that it is pretty meaningless.

If you would prefer to see it done away with, it might be worth your while creating a poll to see how others feel

cosmocreator
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Well, perhaps it is worth taking up with Njord if you feel that it is unfair. I can only guess that a veteran's rep point is worth more because it is assumed that they are valued poster who's opinion carries some weight, as well as being simply a perk of being a vet.

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to the whole rep point system. It is nice to occasionally recieve a rep point with a message from someone saying why they enjoyed your post, other than that it is pretty meaningless.

If you would prefer to see it done away with, it might be worth your while creating a poll to see how others feel

Fairness? There are double standards at this board. That is a not a secret. Njord gave Edric a bunch of rep points arbitrarily. It wasn't until me and Loki said something that they were removed. I've been around longer than most at this board. I have more posts than any other member. That is of no consequence. As an Super Mod/Adm I was possibly more active than all the others. There are threads getting off topic but they are never split. There are posts that say nothing but "delete" and are not getting deleted. Yet, I was removed as Adm. and even banned. Marla on the other hand has done little as a Mod. Yet, she is a Super Mod. It's favoritism. Pure and simple.

I have no influence at this board.

old aryan
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Hahaha. This ranking system is almost as complicated as the British peerage system. ;)

Nice new avatar;)
Is it the real you? (I know, wrong thread..............:D )

Milesian
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry you are still nursing grieviances, cosmo.
I was not aware of the situation with Njord giving Edric reputations points, I guess Njord would be the only person qualified to answer that. In saying that, I guess it's upto him whom he decides to give points to at the end of the day. Is this the reasoning behind your current desire to dish out negative rep points arbitrarily?

I'm also sorry you are no longer an Admin, but that wasn't my call I'm afraid. As for your claim to have been the most active member of staff out of everyone else, there is no practical way to verify that, so I'll take your word for it.

I see evidence of the mods and supermods editing posts and threads daily, but if you feel there are some which have gone un-noticed, please link them and I'll sort them out.

At the end of the day, however, this is Njord's site and it's his perogative to do as he pleases. I don't always agree with Njord about everything (actually can't think of anything off the top of my head ;) ) but I have found him to be almost always impeccable in his objectiveness and fairness. Perhaps you do have a genuine reason to bear a grudge, but I'm afraid there is little to be done about that unless at some point Njord decides to re-shuffle the staff and include you again.

My friendly advice is not to get so hung-up about it.
There are obviously people here that value your presence and input, and ultimately isn't that more important than having a nice title and being able to edit some posts?

Fairness? There are double standards at this board. That is a not a secret. Njord gave Edric a bunch of rep points arbitrarily. It wasn't until me and Loki said something that they were removed. I've been around longer than most at this board. I have more posts than any other member. That is of no consequence. As an Super Mod/Adm I was possibly more active than all the others. There are threads getting off topic but they are never split. There are posts that say nothing but "delete" and are not getting deleted. Yet, I was removed as Adm. and even banned. Marla on the other hand has done little as a Mod. Yet, she is a Super Mod. It's favoritism. Pure and simple.

I have no influence at this board.

Abby Normal
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Nice new avatar;)
Is it the real you? (I know, wrong thread..............:D )
Haha, thanks. ;) Nope, I don't have rainbow hair. :D

old aryan
Saturday, March 20th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Haha, thanks. ;) Nope, I don't have rainbow hair. :D
Oh, I was hoping, though..........I do know a few who do have rainbow hair......is it something that you've thought of?:-O :D

(I love smilies......(:o )..........................

Abby Normal
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 12:16 AM
Oh, I was hoping, though..........I do know a few who do have rainbow hair......is it something that you've thought of?:-O :D

(I love smilies......(:o )..........................
Nah. My hair is black right now, I just liked that picture. ;)

By the way, negative reputation points are EVIL!!!

old aryan
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 12:26 AM

I love black!!!!!!:)
Evil.....................hmmmmmmmm...... ...I love smilies,

Try a new picture with black hair then.....K?:)

old aryan
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 03:25 AM

By the way:) , I do agree with you:D :D :D ......negative reputation points ARE EVIL:~( .:devil :dlook :eking :onfire :devil :devil :devil :devil :bat :bat :onfire :devil :devil :devil :dlook !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the basis of my 2 unscheduled threads into Free Speech about 10 days ago;( (I love smilies;) )!!:smilies

I believe that if one likes what someone sez....well, give points, if you wish:D!
And if you disagree, well, are we all suppose to agree:| :| :| :-O ....to what & to whom????????????????:|:-O :-O :-O

Does this then institute a hierarchy through which, if you agree, fine, but if you disagree with some who are quick to negate you, well, maybe instead of arguing/dicussing, well, you are dissed:( ;( :( ;( -- and too bad for you:(??

That is counterproductive, it seems to me, to open discussion, since an opinion, which may be off the wall to some, is framed by some as unimportant, and to be disregarded/downgraded/negated by this backhanded method:~(

Well, I, for one, believe that everyone's opinion is important -- in fact, I know that some of my views are cockeyed to some, but to me, well -- I like them, and will keep them until I have challenged/tested them, and see that revision is in order.
When I was younger, I was resolute in my ideas to the point that I thought that those that disagreed with me bordered on heretical -- how could they do this; after all, I am correct!!! LOL:D

A few years, and a little wisdom have led me to the conclusion that this was wrong, and that it is important to hear everyone's views -- since the only 'truths' that we really know, are that the sun rises & sets, the moon & stars are in the night sky, and things like these. Everything else can be seen from many views!:)

by the way...I love smilies:carrot :carrot :pepper :pepper :pepper :cucumber :cucumber :cucumber :worm :worm :handclap :handclap :handclap :handclap :twitch

cosmocreator
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 06:24 PM
Is this the reasoning behind your current desire to dish out negative rep points arbitrarily?

I don't give out negative points arbitrarily. I give them to posts that I disagree with or that I find distasteful or for some other reason. They are never arbitrary.

I'm also sorry you are no longer an Admin, but that wasn't my call I'm afraid. As for your claim to have been the most active member of staff out of everyone else, there is no practical way to verify that, so I'll take your word for it.

I guess you are not fully aware of what an Adm can do. Yes, it is possible to verify. You can look up Adm/Mod logs.

Milesian
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 06:43 PM
I don't give out negative points arbitrarily. I give them to posts that I disagree with or that I find distasteful or for some other reason. They are never arbitrary.

Hmmm......sounded pretty arbitrarily to me, as you mentioned on the previous page ;).....

I think, as of today, I'm going to start giving negative points to everyone

I guess you are not fully aware of what an Adm can do. Yes, it is possible to verify. You can look up Adm/Mod logs.

I am aware of that, thank you. I didn't say it was not possible. The point is that it is beside the point now. Njord removed you regardless of whther you believe it was fair or not. I assume Njord weighed up the pro's and con's of removing you and then based his decision on that.

I apologise if the current Mods do not live up to your own high standards. We will of course try to be as efficient as possible, so if you want to give us the links to those threads in need of moderation, I'm sure we will try and rectify them asap.

old aryan
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 06:48 PM
Hmmm......sounded pretty arbitrarily to me, as you mentioned on the previous page ;).....

I am aware of that, thank you. I didn't say it was not possible. The point is that it is beside the point now. Njord removed you regardless of whther you believe it was fair or not. I assume Njord weighed up the pro's and con's of removing you and then based his decision on that.

I apologise if the current Mods do not live up to your own high standards. We will of course try to be as efficient as possible, so if you want to give us the links to those threads in need of moderation, I'm sure we will try and rectify them asap.

K.....hmmmmm......sorry, Think I'm in the wrong thread:D
(I love smilies;) )!!

Wayfarer
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 07:22 PM
My opinion is that reputation points are somewhat childish.

cosmocreator
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Why is it that when some people give rep points they come out like this:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif

There is only an option for positive (green) and negative (red).

Milesian
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:11 PM

I can change it to red if that pleases you :P

Siegfried
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:17 PM

Over at Stormfront it means the person who gives the points hasn't made enough posts to be able to change your reputation. The gems therefore appear gray and have no effect on your score. I suppose it works the same way here.

cosmocreator
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Over at Stormfront it means the person who gives the points hasn't made enough posts to be able to change your reputation. The gems therefore appear gray and have no effect on your score. I suppose it works the same way here.

I thought so too. But this peron has 83 posts. That isn't enough?

Demigorgona
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I thought so too. But this peron has 83 posts. That isn't enough?

Their rep is probably below 10 then ...

cosmocreator
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Their rep is probably below 10 then ...

That's odd. It says his reps are between 0 to 10 but it also says he is banned.

cosmocreator
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Why does my rep points keep getting lower when no one has given me negative points since Sunday? Some people have even given me positive points, but the total is declining? It has fallen more than 50 points in 3 days.

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 01:55 PM
And what does this Reputation Power mean, anyway?

Thorburn
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 02:09 PM
And what does this Reputation Power mean, anyway?
I you add to someone's reputation you add as many points as your reputation power indicates. If you substract from someone's reputation, you substract half of your reputation power (rounded.)

Your reputation power is calculated by the time you have been a member, by your number of posts, as well as the number of your current reputation points.

cosmocreator
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I you add to someone's reputation you add as many points as your reputation power indicates. If you substract from someone's reputation, you substract half of your reputation power (rounded.)

This is not true. It says my rep power is 4 but I gave SKADI rep points yesterday which amounted to 11.

[EDIT: unless you've reduced my power since yesterday.]

Your reputation power is calculated by the time you have been a member, by your number of posts, as well as the number of your current reputation points.

Doesn't being a Mod or Adm add to the power as well?

norda
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 07:06 PM
This is not true. It says my rep power is 4 but I gave SKADI rep points yesterday which amounted to 11.

Doesn't being a Mod or Adm add to the power as well?
Is it really so important for you? Gaining many positive points means you are not discussing but just flattering, maybe ;)

cosmocreator
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Is it really so important for you? Gaining many positive points means you are not discussing but just flattering, maybe ;)

Maybe you should ask those with the most rep points.

Thorburn
Friday, April 9th, 2004, 12:01 AM

[EDIT: unless you've reduced my power since yesterday.] You are right. It is and should be 11 (as calculated by vBulletin), compared to 4 (as calculated by the modification.)

The wrong display affected all users. I removed the modification.

Doesn't being a Mod or Adm add to the power as well?No.

cosmocreator
Friday, April 9th, 2004, 01:39 AM
You are right. It is and should be 11 (as calculated by vBulletin), compared to 4 (as calculated by the modification.)

The wrong display affected all users. I removed the modification.

No.

I actually liked the display. Perhaps you could correct it and put it back.

Telperion
Monday, May 3rd, 2004, 12:32 AM
How does one find out what one's reputation power is, as opposed to how many reputation points one has? I ask becuase there have been a few posts I would have liked to support, but the board won't let me give them any reputation points (presumably because I'm too new to have any reputation power?).

Thanks.

cosmocreator
Monday, May 3rd, 2004, 05:57 AM
How does one find out what one's reputation power is, as opposed to how many reputation points one has? I ask becuase there have been a few posts I would have liked to support, but the board won't let me give them any reputation points (presumably because I'm too new to have any reputation power?).

Thanks.

What is the exact message? I've recieved neutral points from someone newer than you with less posts.

Telperion
Monday, May 3rd, 2004, 04:09 PM
"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

That's the message, even though I definitely am logged in when trying to confer the points on someone. If I try logging in again within the pop-up box, then it tells me the thread has been lost.

Thorburn
Monday, May 3rd, 2004, 04:41 PM
"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

That's the message, even though I definitely am logged in when trying to confer the points on someone. If I try logging in again within the pop-up box, then it tells me the thread has been lost.
I just checked on this, and it works.

Make sure to choose [x] Remember Me, when you log in, and that no cookie filters for skadi.net are active.

Telperion
Monday, May 3rd, 2004, 11:37 PM
I just checked on this, and it works.

Make sure to choose [x] Remember Me, when you log in, and that no cookie filters for skadi.net are active.
Tried this, but it's still not working. I have some fairly rigorous security measures on my computer, and I think that's the root of the problem. I'll keep trying to fiddle with it until it works. (I can't play any of the arcade games either, and I think whatever is causing that problem is causing this one as well.)

Thorburn
Tuesday, May 4th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Tried this, but it's still not working. I have some fairly rigorous security measures on my computer, and I think that's the root of the problem. I'll keep trying to fiddle with it until it works. (I can't play any of the arcade games either, and I think whatever is causing that problem is causing this one as well.)The cookies are probably filtered (not accepted.)

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM
LOL

I got my first share of negative reputation points ever from Monsieur Cosmocreator, notwithstanding that despite my sharp irony(""Sure, he should stop whining and being petulant, but it's his midlife crisis playing parts with him") in a certain thread where people were discussing he should be banned or shunned at least, and I came to his defense.

Nice person, very impressive.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 01:02 AM
LOL

I got my first share of negative reputation points ever from Monsieur Cosmocreator, notwithstanding that despite my sharp irony(""Sure, he should stop whining and being petulant, but it's his midlife crisis playing parts with him") in a certain thread where people were discussing he should be banned or shunned at least, and I came to his defense.

Nice person, very impressive.

You must keep a very close eye on your rep points because I just gave them to you now. I recognize and appreciate fully your defense of me. Didn't appreciate the stated comment.

And I may also state that I came to your defense in other places which you can not read.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 01:53 AM
You must keep a very close eye on your rep points because I just gave them to you now. I recognize and appreciate fully your defense of me. Didn't appreciate the stated comment.

And I may also state that I came to your defense in other places which you can not read.

Indeed, but I have been overruled, reprimanded and even humiliated by many before, even by fellow mods and friends alike...
which I didn't appreciate at all, but that's no reason to give negative points around, ...if you catch me saying a faux pas, chat with me about it so we can discuss it over or PM your disapproval to me, I may correct my phrase...and sorry if you didn't saw through my sarcastic wit, after all dont we all go through a emotional and existential crisis, whatever age we have?
How many times haven't I moaned and whined all the way through in some threads where the problem of relationships were debated, bringing on stage often the most personal dramatic events to light...

Mac Seafraidh
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 02:19 AM
What happens when you get a negative Rep point? I have alway wondered that. Does it minus points? Or does it just remind you that someone dislikes your post?

bocian
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 02:36 AM
What happens when you get a negative Rep point? I have alway wondered that. Does it minus points? Or does it just remind you that someone dislikes your post?

I think it gives you minus points. Cosmo (surprise, surprise ;) )once gave me negative points, I lost like 30. :-O

I also got negative points from Magilla, but lost only one point. :D

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 02:54 AM
I think it gives you minus points. Cosmo (surprise, surprise ;) )once gave me negative points, I lost like 30. :-O

If you lost 30 points then "someone" has been messing with my rep power. My positive points are currently worth only around 12. Negative rep points are half positive points.

bocian
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 02:57 AM
If you lost 30 points then "someone" has been messing with my rep power. My positive points are currently worth only around 12. Negative rep points are half positive points.

This was a while back, maybe it wasn't quite 30, forgive my exaggeration.

But it was definitely more than 6.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:02 AM
This was a while back, maybe it wasn't quite 30, forgive my exaggeration.

But it was definitely more than 6.

Then someone has changed my rep power. I thought it was more than 12 too. I thought I have given postive points in the past which amounted to about 30.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Indeed, but I have been overruled, reprimanded and even humiliated by many before, even by fellow mods and friends alike...
which I didn't appreciate at all, but that's no reason to give negative points around, ...if you catch me saying a faux pas, chat with me about it so we can discuss it over or PM your disapproval to me, I may correct my phrase...and sorry if you didn't saw through my sarcastic wit, after all dont we all go through a emotional and existential crisis, whatever age we have?
How many times haven't I moaned and whined all the way through in some threads where the problem of relationships were debated, bringing on stage often the most personal dramatic events to light...

Getting negative points concerns you that much?

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Well, Cosmo, I think you owe me a fair explanation why you gave me negative points in light of my previous posting.
Maybe you should consider undoing your mistake by given them back.

bocian
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Then someone has changed my rep power. I thought it was more than 12 too. I thought I have given postive points in the past which amounted to about 30.

If I remember correctly, the positive points you gave me were about 30, so the negative would have been 15.

It was around 2 months ago.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Getting negative points concerns you that much?

Cant you deal with roguish Flemish sarcasm?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Well, Cosmo, I think you owe me a fair explanation why you gave me negative points in light of my previous posting.
Maybe you should consider undoing your mistake by given them back.

I thought I did explain it.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:10 AM
If I remember correctly, the positive points you gave me were about 30, so the negative would have been 15.

It was around 2 months ago.

That's what I thought. Njord probably reduced my rep power when I started giving negative points.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:11 AM
I thought I did explain it.

It doesn't, unless you nitpick about small details and take things too personal.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:16 AM
It doesn't, unless you nitpick about small details and take things too personal.

I thought you knew me better.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:20 AM

Read the highlighted text:

Vaudeville.
This farce has gone through too long, either one shuns someone, ban him or keep a stiff upper lip and go on which what really matters.

Meanwhile Medist forces infiltrate our threads, are contra-productive, pull us moderators a leg and some our best contrubuters are mocked at, humiliated and talked down to in the smuttiest of languages and generally work as agent provocateurs just to ruin our Forum and see it going into smithereens but all we do is dedicating one, two, three threads on the Cosmocreator file.

Kick Hellenic Eagle, Medhammer, Amar, etc..out and keep moderated Cosmo in, at least he has made some resounding and informative threads.
Sure, he should stop whining and being petulant, but it's his midlife crisis playing parts with him...we will suffer one day the same sense of desorientation and exaperation, so brace yourself already

"w"= everyone, and yes I laughed it off...well, germanics laugh right in the face of death and despair, because how hard we are shaken and battered by cruel twists and turns in life, we dont yield, we might be killed but wont lie down.

Have you lost your sense of the farcical?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Have you lost your sense of the farcical?

The things that go on at this board would make one that way if one weren't that way to begin with.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:32 AM
The things that go on at this board would make one that way if one weren't that way to begin with.

Admit you took offence while you should have known better or are we now to believe that you have for good or wrong reason grown so morose and disaffected that you declare yourself unfit to resume moderatorship on our Board?
Shouldn't you in stead of nitpicking and giving negative points around finally stand to your promise and post those missing chapters from TROE?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Admit you took offence while you should have known better or are we now to believe that you have for good or wrong reason grown so morose and disaffected that you declare yourself unfit to resume moderatorship on our Board?
Shouldn't you in stead of nitpicking and giving negative points around finally stand to your promise and post those missing chapters from TROE?

As I've already posted elsewhere, I don't want to be a moderator here. I will refrain from giving details of the reasons, but they have nothing to do with you.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 03:53 AM
As I've already posted elsewhere, I don't want to be a moderator here. I will refrain from giving details of the reasons, but they have nothing to do with you.

And what's behind the policy of spreading negative reputation points ā volonté?
It outweighs the times that people actually receive some appraisal from you, in fact, I always thought you dealed negative points only in retaliation if they gave you some.
Tit for tat.
Seems fair to me, so if we draw the line further, you should have rebuked me verbally with the same panache. :)
But in stead you acted petulant.

White Falcon
Wednesday, June 30th, 2004, 05:46 PM
In my User CP I have a purple square as a reputation
what does it mean ?

Ewergrin
Wednesday, June 30th, 2004, 06:30 PM
what does it mean ?

Screenshot please?

Thorburn
Wednesday, June 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM
what does it mean ?
It means that the member who gave you reputation points didn't have enough posts yet to add to or to substract from your reputation.

White Falcon
Wednesday, June 30th, 2004, 09:38 PM
thanks

Northern Paladin
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 07:22 PM
I can't see whose giving me reputation it would be nice to know who's giving me feedback. Is it just me?
I think it would be a lot better if people could see who who they are getting reputation from.

kinvolk
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I gave you rep. ''We usually agree 'cause we're usually right!'' True isnt it? :cool: How about it Loki? I'm sure its possible.

Zyklop
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 07:31 PM
@Loki
Please change this setting:
http://www.thephora.org/showpost.php?p=11676&postcount=9

Loki
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 07:37 PM
@Loki
Please change this setting:
http://www.thephora.org/showpost.php?p=11676&postcount=9
Thanks Zyklop, I have changed this now. All users can now see who gave reputation points, as well as hide their reputation from other users if they wish.

Ross
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Top Reputation: Frans_Jozef (2,628 Reputation Points)

Why? Njord has much more rep points?

Prussian
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Why? Njord has much more rep points?I have often wondered about that myself.

Ross
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah, Njord, people WANT TO KNOW :-)

Prussian
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah, Njord, people WANT TO KNOW :-)I was thinking maybe it has something to do with Njord being the administrator or something, though I maybe wrong on this.

Ross
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I was thinking maybe it has something to do with Njord being the administrator or something, though I maybe wrong on this.

Vainglory ;-)

Thorburn
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah, Njord, people WANT TO KNOW :-) The software must like him better. ;)

Prussian
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 04:32 PM
The software must like him better. ;)Damn software favouritism again:D

Ross
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Njord, I've heard rumors that you (being an admin) had added rep points to your reputation yourself...

Something like 3400? :D

Thorburn
Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Njord, I've heard rumors that you (being an admin) had added rep points to your reputation yourself...

Something like 3400? :DThis is false.

I added more than 5,000. ;)

Taras Bulba
Friday, October 15th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Is there a way you can read all the rep points you've recieved, not just the latest ones?

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004, 02:11 AM
Something is preventing me from giving rep points. What's up?

AryanKrieger
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Something is preventing me from giving rep points. What's up?
Try again on a few of mine and see what happens!:D

Johannes de Leķn
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM
Something is preventing me from giving rep points. What's up? Are you using some new browser, or did you install some new software recently?

Probably it's a pop-up blocker. ;)

Siegfried
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Probably it's a pop-up blocker. ;)

That's very well possible. Some time ago I had a pop-up blocker myself, and it prevented me from giving rep points. When I uninstalled the program, everything worked fine.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, November 25th, 2004, 05:47 AM
My rep point meter is not working again. Is this some sort of cookie? I delete cookies regularly if so. This is really frustrating in some cases not to be able to give rep points while reading something. I am almost never able to give rep points to Atlanto-med or Awar. What's up?

Thorburn
Thursday, November 25th, 2004, 01:53 PM
My rep point meter is not working again. Is this some sort of cookie? I delete cookies regularly if so. This is really frustrating in some cases not to be able to give rep points while reading something. I am almost never able to give rep points to Atlanto-med or Awar. What's up?
Java-Script or referrer problem. Your browser, firewall, or proxy settings in other words.

PsycholgclMishap
Thursday, December 2nd, 2004, 06:55 PM
This is the first forum I've posted on where a reputation point system is in place. Is there any way to view how many reputation points belong to each board member? I know there is a bar system on the memberlist for reputation points but it doesn't state how many belong to each member. And as far as I can tell we only know many reputation points belong to our Super Administrator, folkish, because at the bottom of the forum list it states who has the most.

Ewergrin
Thursday, December 2nd, 2004, 07:35 PM
This is the first forum I've posted on where a reputation point system is in place. Is there any way to view how many reputation points belong to each board member? I know there is a bar system on the memberlist for reputation points but it doesn't state how many belong to each member. And as far as I can tell we only know many reputation points belong to our Super Administrator, folkish, because at the bottom of the forum list it states who has the most.

Well, your UserCP states how many you have. Otherwise, the only thing I can do is add that option to the postbit. I had not planned on doing that. The only reason mine shows up in the statistics hack is because I have the highest number. Otherwise, if you go to the memberlist > advanced search > reputation points > descending order, you can who has more than others, but not the exact amount.

PsycholgclMishap
Wednesday, December 8th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Hah. I happened upon my Reputation Points when I changed my subscription status... Interesting.

Constantinus
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 05:01 PM
You should put up a ranking in rep points Loki. Would be interesting to see who's appreciated most.

Lundi
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 05:05 PM
well thats me obviously :icon12:

But yeah, good idea Constantinus

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 05:19 PM
There allready is one. Make a visit for the homepage.

Lundi
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 05:20 PM
aye, that one only shows the top 10 though, think he was hinting at one that shows all of the members

cosmocreator
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Click on Members list above. Then click on Advanced Search. There you have a few option for ranking including reputation points. Those, like myself, that have disabled rep. won't show though.

Kvasir_
Sunday, March 20th, 2005, 09:14 AM
hmm all my Reputationpoints are gone...

I had about 40 now only 2...

Is this because of the disabling of the "Großdeutsches Reich"???

Loki
Sunday, March 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
hmm all my Reputationpoints are gone...

I had about 40 now only 2...

Is this because of the disabling of the "Großdeutsches Reich"???
The Großdeutsches Reich has been deleted on Dr. Brandt's request. And yes, thus all the rep points along with it. They get calculated with the posts, and cannot stand alone.

Kvasir_
Sunday, March 20th, 2005, 09:20 AM
The Großdeutsches Reich has been deleted on Dr. Brandt's request. And yes, thus all the rep points along with it. They get calculated with the posts, and cannot stand alone.

Ok good to know...

Thanks

Can be closed

Imperator X
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 02:39 AM
I don't understand how the reputation point system works. My rep reaches 100 and every approval I give, the poster gets 2 points. And then someone with a 8,000 reputation approves one of my posts and it goes up 7 points. But then a number of people with 500 - 1000 reputation points approve and I only gt 1 single point each time. Very confusing.

Could someone please verify for me how this works?

Aeternitas
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 03:12 AM
This happens because reputation altering power doesn't only depend on the donor's reputation points.
It is also directly linked to his number of posts and to how long he's been a member here.

anonymaus
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 08:05 PM
As the forum grows, so does one's reputation--both at the forum and strictly in numbers. Unfortunately, the Reputation numbers are out-growing the entire forum, and just about everybody's reputation. Many people simply do not give Reputation anymore, because it causes an imbalance between their intent - i.e. a nice comment and some positive reinforcement - and what actually happens: their Reputation increases vastly, in cases of new members exponentially. The extreme amount of Rep Power many of the older members of tNP have is causing an inappropriate amount of Rep Power for new members or those who previously had little to no Reputation; also, and most importantly, it is having a negative effect on the general purpose of the Reputation system.

The Rep Power modifier has been changed to fix the imbalance. The new requirement for each Rep Power Point is 300 Reputation.

This will reduce one's Rep Power to approximately 1/3rd of what it previously was, with the lowest possible number being 1.

There may be more changes coming to the Reputation system in the future, when more options are available. Feel free to cheer/jeer as you please ;)

Loki
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 08:14 PM
Good work, anonymouse! ;)

perkele14
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Very good improvement indeed.
And to the ones who do not like it: There are other things in life :rolleyes:

Arcturus
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 08:23 PM
http://www.freakland-store.de/catalog/images/jasonglobe.jpg

...on this one:beer-smil Good job.

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Saturday, September 10th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Another way to balance what has all ready been imbalanced and circumvent future corruption is too allow a third option when giving reputation points contra the binary feature now +[+] i.e. of either [++] or [--]. The third option will be [+-] which give zero point, but can be used as a neutralised and practical messaging system, which is the most common use of the reputation function anyhow. This is of course just a thought, so feel obligated to criticise or approve as seen fitting. Thanks for your attention.

Hardwig
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Can I control my reputation power?

Aeternitas
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 09:01 AM
No. It depends on the number of reputation points a person has, on the number of posts he's made and on how long he's been a member here.

WikingDivision
Tuesday, November 29th, 2005, 11:46 AM
How more blocks, how more rep you give?

Haldís
Tuesday, December 6th, 2005, 11:25 PM
How more blocks, how more rep you give?
No. The more blocks, the more rep points you've received. :)

Drömmarnas Stig
Friday, December 30th, 2005, 03:28 PM
No. It depends on the number of reputation points a person has, on the number of posts he's made and on how long he's been a member here.

Nibelung
Aug 2004
Reputation Power: 2

Horagalles
Mar 2005
Reputation Power: 1

I accidently noticed this today and was wondering how the "power" thing works.
So obviously the duration of the membership is more important than reputation.

Mjölnir
Friday, December 30th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Can i have a Swastika Symbol in my Profile?:D

I would sell my Rep Points for it.

M.,:) :thumbup ;)

Gagnraad
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I just wondered:
What are those reputation points for? :runaway

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 10:38 PM
You can reward good posts or give negative rep (what is hardly done) when a user posted something insulting or something like this. Handing out positive reputation is like saying: "I honour your work, great post, liked it very much". Negative rep is the contrary. ;)

Gagnraad
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Ah, I though it was like: When you got *** many Rep points you get a prize or something :viking1 :doh

Ewergrin
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Ah, I though it was like: When you got *** many Rep points you get a prize or something :viking1 :doh
Sure you do! You get to be known for having high reputation at BuB. What better prize could there be? :D

Weg
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 03:32 AM
I've heard the high Rep of some people on fora can also be explained by the fact that they use Rep system to communicate. :D

Gagnraad
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 06:20 AM
But how do you see if it is a negative rep points?

Blutwölfin
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 10:23 AM
The the little box in front of the comment isn't green, but red.

Siegfried
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I've heard the high Rep of some people on fora can also be explained by the fact that they use Rep system to communicate. :D

It's easier than PMs and e-mail ;)

Sigurd
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 06:26 PM

This appears to be oft the case of the likes of PANF or SF. Those with the highest reps are the must stupid and irrational.. :doh

Jekatrina
Thursday, January 26th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I was just wondering how that thing with reputation works. Is it just if you want to give people a nice comment, or? :)

Blood_Axis
Thursday, January 26th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Most people use it like a short messaging system, so to speak. You want to leave a short message to someone and you're too bored to write a private message, so you just send the message over a reputation point. :P

Jekatrina
Thursday, January 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Most people use it like a short messaging system, so to speak. You want to leave a short message to someone and you're too bored to write a private message, so you just send the message over a reputation point. :P

Haha, oh really? That's nice to know. It's about catching up on how people do in here, so thanks ;)

nordicdusk
Tuesday, June 13th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I just got a rep point but instead of it being green its grey/black and i got nothing for it what dose this mean.

Ewergrin
Tuesday, June 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I just got a rep point but instead of it being green its grey/black and i got nothing for it what dose this mean.
It means that the person who gave it to you does not have enough reputation themselves to increase yours.

nordicdusk
Tuesday, June 13th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Ok thanks for that taught it might be a bad rep point.

Ewergrin
Wednesday, June 14th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Ok thanks for that taught it might be a bad rep point.
Negative reputation points are marked in red.

nordicdusk
Wednesday, June 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Ok thanks again et too paranoid sometimes.

Gagnraad
Wednesday, June 14th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I've been asking myself what these black rep-point dots was as well. Now I know, and thanks for informing, Boss!

Hrafn
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Talling 'bout reputation: I noticed that some of the little squares under the " Latest Reputation Given" section in the User CP are black. What does that mean? Did I make a mistake?

Aeternitas
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 07:28 PM
See the FAQ, reputation colors are explained there:

http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_rep#faq_new_faq_rep2
http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_rep#faq_new_faq_rep5

Hrafn
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 07:51 PM
See the FAQ, reputation colors are explained there:

http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_rep#faq_new_faq_rep2
http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_rep#faq_new_faq_rep5

So those represent my reputation score at the time I gave the rep?

Georgia
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 10:51 PM
How does the Reputation Power work? How does one go from 1 to 2 and so forth?
Georgia:)

Scholar
Thursday, July 6th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I think for every 100 rep points you get, there's a green bar added or something in your profile. But what about those coloured circles under our usernames, and what makes them change?

SuuT
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I am unable to award reputation points.

Thanks,

SUUT

Blutwölfin
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Works in Firefox (newest version), but the reputation popup doesn't close after giving rep, but links to the Skadi frontpage.

SuuT
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Works in Firefox (newest version), but the reputation popup doesn't close after giving rep, but links to the Skadi frontpage.

I'm not getting the pop-up at all though; just the relink to Skadi frontpage. Also, the "latest rep point given" aspect of my user CP does not show a record of having given points. I have had no problem until this morning; and all rep points given prior to that are recorded.

Thanks again.

Leofric
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I'm not getting the pop-up at all though; just the relink to Skadi frontpage. Also, the "latest rep point given" aspect of my user CP does not show a record of having given points. I have had no problem until this morning; and all rep points given prior to that are recorded.

Thanks again.
You're not alone. I started having the problem late last night, Mountain Time.

Thorburn
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Fixed by Fjörgyn.

Leofric
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Fixed by Fjörgyn.
Thank you, Fjörgyn! It's nice to be able to give out rep again!

OneEnglishNorman
Monday, August 7th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I only just worked out that giving Thanks does not award Rep points.

There is a separate button :-O well at least now I know :D

Northerner
Friday, September 15th, 2006, 04:32 PM
This is more of a question than a complaint. I trust that I have put this at the correct place.

Is my memory faulty?
I remember receiving points for my recent posts:

Scientists remove Hunley's rear hatch: http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=66977

Scent of father checks daughter’s maturity: http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=66908

These reputaion points have now been removed. I am curious if there is a problem.

Also, even though these were posted yesterday, I am still getting that my last time visted was: "You last visited: 3 Days Ago at 22:36".

Is there a problem?

Thank you for your help.

Fjörgyn
Friday, September 15th, 2006, 05:01 PM
After a forum software update, ago 2 days, it has get some troubles with the counter and trough maintenance work the reputations had need a reset. So some peoples had lost a lot of points. Because the most was angry about this, I had tried to get them back and the reverted points are getting back now, but the points from yesterday are gone with this way, that's include visit time. But the peoples, which had give points to you in these posts can give you again.

Excuse the annoyance :)

OMegasPan
Sunday, October 29th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I know the yellow dot is negative (i got it from an admin)

the blue one?

the green one?

Aeternitas
Sunday, October 29th, 2006, 03:31 AM
See here:
How do I find out what my reputation score is? (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_rep#faq_new_faq_rep4 )

Most info regarding reputation is covered by the Skadi FAQ > Reputation System (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=skadi_faq#faq_new_faq_rep)

Here
Monday, November 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
all my other reputation points are green but someone gave me a gray reputation poin, he made a good comment about my post so it can be a negative gray point. Why does it has that color?? :|

Chlodovech
Monday, November 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Grey would suggest that the member you got your rep. point from is a fresh member, a junior. They can't hand out 'real' rep. points, but they can make an approving statement by giving you a dummy rep. point.

Liberator Germaniae
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
In the afternoon of January 5, 2007 I had 400 rep points on my account. When I logged in on January 7, 2007, I had only 392 rep points left on my account. How is that possible?

Aeternitas
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 09:43 AM
The latest reputation points have been lost due to server problems. See here (http://forums.skadi.net/server_crash-t87560.html?p=733554#post733554).

Kith of woden
Friday, March 9th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Can i only view new reputation points? Ive tried to see who sent me my first two points in order to thank them, but they dont show up in my private messages. How do i view (if possible) a list of reputation points sent? Thanks.

ladybright
Friday, March 9th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Look in your Control Panel. User CP it sholud be on the upper left side of your screen in the toolbar.

Kith of woden
Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Ok I love Skadi, but is there a function that tells me that I have recieved new points?( without going into the user cp) On BuB forums when you log in it welcomes me and tells me how many posts since my last visit,just like Skadi. But it also tells me of any new reputation points I have, with a direct link. Does Skadi have this facility?:thumbup

Aeternitas
Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
No, Skadi doesn't have that option installed. It's independent from vbulletin.

Kurtz
Saturday, August 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Is it possible to be able to see all of our received rep points, dispatched on many pages, as in Skadi? For now, they seem to disappear after a few more are added... Thanks

Sigurd
Saturday, August 11th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I agree, that would be a good thing to have. Another hack one might like to add is that one for the last rep points you have given out as well. ;)

Aeternitas
Sunday, August 12th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Yes, it's possible. The feature has been added, so you should be able to see your older rep points.
The given reputation points are already displayable, if you scroll down in your user cp. ;)

Thrymheim
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Um don't know if this should be here it's just an idle question, but how is the reputation power worked out? It doesn't seem to make any sense there are people with

Reputation Power: 3

Reputation Power: 2

I thought it was one every thousand I know it used to be one every hundred? but neither rule fits here!

Aeternitas
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 03:58 AM
According to the admin CP,
For every 365 days since registration, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 2500 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 2500 reputation points, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Sigurd
Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I.E. To add there, for anyone desiring to know why it is goverened differently to The Althing: it is back to 365/2500/2500 because that is how it had been set here on Skadi for a wee while. IMO It is also a bit fairer that way, with the old database included too, to have such large thresholds, otherwise it could quickly become inflationary, I seem to remember that my reputation power on BuB was 92 because one gained it at 365/1000/100... :-O

If members overall believed that there needed to be an amendment it could of course be brought up and rediscussed, but since there had never been much arguing over the 365/2500/2500 threshold on Skadi, before one would open that possible can of worms, I'd remind them that the current system had been in place for a while and had a good 5 years to mature and hence is a fair enough system that almost equally rewards perseverance, activity and quality of posting.

TheBloodofGods
Friday, March 5th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Are no members not capable of getting rep points?

Sigurd
Friday, March 5th, 2010, 07:50 AM
If the question is whether we use the reputation, yes we indeed do. I know some forums that have disabled it on purpose, but we are not one of them. We are proud to have it since times I can't even remember. It's not been uncontroversial at all times, but overall the general agreement is that the rep system has more upsides than downsides. :P

You get them by writing posts which the membership considers so good that they be rewarded with reputation, or so funny that they be rewarded with a "LOL!" or sth. Of course it's always at the discretion of the reading poster as to whether he is going to give out rep for a certain post. So if being "rep-king" is your goal, it needs to be reflected in the quality of your posts. ;)

To give them out yourself, you click the little button with the scales at the left bottom of each post's postbit. The level of reputation, time since registration and post count all play a part to how many points you can give out for each time of "repping someone", this also explains why sometimes a poster gives you four points, but another time you get seven. :)

TheBloodofGods
Friday, March 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
If the question is whether we use the reputation, yes we indeed do. I know some forums that have disabled it on purpose, but we are not one of them. We are proud to have it since times I can't even remember. It's not been uncontroversial at all times, but overall the general agreement is that the rep system has more upsides than downsides. :P

You get them by writing posts which the membership considers so good that they be rewarded with reputation, or so funny that they be rewarded with a "LOL!" or sth. Of course it's always at the discretion of the reading poster as to whether he is going to give out rep for a certain post. So if being "rep-king" is your goal, it needs to be reflected in the quality of your posts. ;)

To give them out yourself, you click the little button with the scales at the left bottom of each post's postbit. The level of reputation, time since registration and post count all play a part to how many points you can give out for each time of "repping someone", this also explains why sometimes a poster gives you four points, but another time you get seven. :)

But I can't rep anyone. I don't see scales under people's screen names. Are new members not allowed to give rep?

Also are you sure new members can get rep? I've made 20+ posts not even one rep point. I usually get reped at least once if I make that many posts.

Resist
Friday, March 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
New members are able to receive reputation points, but can only give others reputation once they are off moderation. I have just given you a test reputation point. It went through because I can see it in my control panel. So if you haven't received any others, it probably means that no one has given you reputation so far. The explanation could be that you are still fairly new, so give it some time.

SaxonCeorl
Friday, November 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Is it possible to disable reputation? I think I remember seeing someone's profile in which they seemed to have disabled it. I'd like to disable mine because I really can't be bothered with giving reputation.

Wulfram
Friday, November 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Is it possible to disable reputation? I think I remember seeing someone's profile in which they seemed to have disabled it. I'd like to disable mine because I really can't be bothered with giving reputation.

I think you have to be a funding member. Once you have donated they will highlight your name in red.
You will also be able to turn your name off so that it cannot be seen in the 'Currently Active Users' box on the home page.
I have often wondered why some members choose to be invisible...:paranoid

velvet
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
According to the admin CP,
For every 365 days since registration, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 2500 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 2500 reputation points, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

This should be added maybe to the rep-info page too, quite complicated to find this info on page 11 only :P

I also have another question, when one mouseovers over the green squares, it says "user is a sage", "user's judgement is sought by kings", etc, it would be interesting to also know at what level it says what. Is there somewhere such an info? Thanks in advance :)

Wulfram
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
This should be added maybe to the rep-info page too, quite complicated to find this info on page 11 only :P

I also have another question, when one mouseovers over the green squares, it says "user is a sage", "user's judgement is sought by kings", etc, it would be interesting to also know at what level it says what. Is there somewhere such an info? Thanks in advance :)

2000 - Judgment is sought by kings
3000 - Wisdom is legendary
4000 - Wisdom is sought by the gods
5000 - Deity

You become a sage at 1000, I think

Huginn ok Muninn
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016, 07:27 AM
2000 - Judgment is sought by kings
3000 - Wisdom is legendary
4000 - Wisdom is sought by the gods
5000 - Deity

You become a sage at 1000, I think

The entire list:

User is cursed and despised by his own people... -999999
User 's name is whispered and cursed................ 0
User 's reputation has not travelled afar............ 10
User shows some promise................................ 20
User has earned the respect of peers.................. 50
User is noble of speech.................................. ... 100
User 's opinion is sought out by learned men...... 250
User is considered wise by the elders.................. 500
User is a sage.................................... ............... 1000
User 's judgement is sought by kings.................. 2000
User 's wisdom is legendary............................... 3000
User 's wisdom is sought by the gods.................. 4000
User is a deity................................... ............... 5000

+Suomut+
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016, 08:59 AM
In my opinion quantitative ranges for rep. ball pop-ups are better all around. There's nothing vague about ranges, they're completely objective, and they dispense with the 'entertainment' value of said pop-ups; because after one has seen them all once or twice they're no longer entertaining anyway. The rep. numbers/figures speak plainly for themselves, which is all that is necessary for users and eliminates the scratching of heads and confusion.

This is what I've done in the vBull. (4) version of Germanic Folk along with attaching class labels (I forget precisely how many labels, but there are a bunch of them) to each programmed rep. range. Off the top of my head, this is about as good as it gets within the standard vBull. rep. system(s) to behold a user's rep. number/figure at any given 'snapshot' in time. The only remedy/remedies for this is to install some add-on hack/hacks.

Moreover, I advocate fora use (esp. new ones) across the board (pun not intended ;) ) one rep. pt. only bestowals and deductions per user and regardless of a user's 'status'; but it's massively too late for that now herein this Forum. This helps prevent rep. pt. levels from becoming unnecessarily astronomical.

Additionally, methinks user rep. numbers/figures should be displayed in the Index page Stats-box ("Top x") in lieu of the 'Top Posters' list/column; because rep. levels are far more indicative of a user's quality as a participant rather than, for example, some joker submitting some 5,000 or more worthless or near worthless one-liners resulting in him or her being given 'recognition' for it/this by the software in the Stats-box. At least generally speaking with r. pts. users usually have to 'work!' for them. This doesn't apply, though, to good-looking Skadite-chix (hahaha) :wsg ...

...my several 'cents worth' here. :D

Sigurd
Thursday, August 4th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Reputation power progression is fairly conservative here, too, but naturally this means that people who have all of long membership, high reputation and high post count, will give out a lot of reputation points.

In my case this is 1 (starter) + 3 (over 7500 posts) + 9 (over 22500 rep) + 10 (years since registration) = 23 reputation points each time I rep someone, and it's not impossible this will rise to 25 before the year is out (11 years on Oct 8; 10,000 posts).

[I believe this may well be the highest measure of naturally-gained reputation power on the forum for any active member - well, behind FJ's 26 and BW's 24, ahead of Ae.'s 22].

Sure, this makes it somewhat inflationary, especially since everyone who's been here pre-2012 will already have an extra four points of rep power simply for registering before the forum went down.

But it's still a more realistic scale than on some other forums where people gain 1 point of rep power with every 100 rep points they gain and/or every 100 posts they gain. People there at some point often give out reputation and through one point distribute up to 500 points of reputation, which is of course ridiculous. :P

Shadow
Friday, August 5th, 2016, 12:16 AM
I have just rediscovered where the reputation button is. It seems people use this to send a little message more than anything else, usually about a specific post.

Catterick
Friday, August 5th, 2016, 12:33 AM
I have just rediscovered where the reputation button is. It seems people use this to send a little message more than anything else, usually about a specific post.

If you click on User CP near the top left you can see your own reputation.

Haliaeetus
Friday, August 5th, 2016, 01:15 AM
The reputation button is barely recognizable.

https://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=111989&stc=1&d=1470359699

It would be nice if it could be changed.

Out of Germania
Saturday, August 6th, 2016, 04:05 PM
There should definitely be some update of the reputation system. Like more categories added or switching the reputation power off and leaving it to one point per reputation is a good idea too. Most longterm members have over 5000 reputation points.

I don't know about replacing top posters with top reputation. There's already top thanks and I think that's a better indicator of quality than reputation points.

Thanks is quicker and easier to give away than reputation; you don't have to write a message. Since it's handy I think more people use thanks for a post than reputation. Just look at the average post with 5-10 thanks. I wonder if just as many people gave it reputation points. Does the administration have some statistics on that?

Reputation is often used for short messaging because it's quicker than a PM.

+Suomut+
Thursday, August 11th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I have several replies to several points made above forthcoming; in the mean time ;) ...
User is cursed and despised by his own people... -999999...the below is *DEDICATED!* to all you a-hole Skadites of ILL-REPUTE!!! 'out there!' (hahaha :wsg ):...---v
mVFcRfYZook
...y'all know who y'all are!!...f.- y'all! :afu :rofl :rotfl <--...just felt like injecting some humour herein. ;) :D I really do like this song :) ; and one 'Freedy Johnston' is really one Frederic John Fatzer ( Wiki.-bio here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedy_Johnston) ), who is dare I suggest/say Deutsch-American (perchance with an Anglicized surname)? I write/say this also esp. given where he's from in America (Kansas). :)