PDA

View Full Version : KKK Cards Left In Residents' Mailboxes

Nordhammer
Monday, January 5th, 2004, 12:51 AM
KKK Propaganda Unsettling for some Jacksonville Neighbors

By Jamie Muro
First Coast News

Click for Video (http://64.156.27.243/2004-01-02/kkk_hi.wmv)

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- In a new residential suburb of Jacksonville, near Oceanway, you'll find a neighborhood like any other. There are tools in the garage, a morning paper resting on the sidewalk, and a car in every driveway. For many, it's simply a good place to call home.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/assetpool//images/041210058_tim_lockman.jpg
Take Tim Lockman, for example, who recently moved here from Alaska. He loves North Florida, but a surprise found in his mailbox has left him a little confused.

"I can't believe that this is still happening to this day," said Lockman.

What Lockman is talking about is a business card- size piece of paper adorned with Ku Klux Klan propaganda. The "card" reads, "Join the KKK and fight for race and nation." The drawing of the hooded Klansman next to the text is impossible to miss.

"I pulled this little card outside my mailbox and I couldn't believe it. I thought, "KKK?" I'm from Alaska and here I've got something like this. I feel like I'm going back twenty or thirty years."

Most of the neighborhood received the uncertified mail, including one black family that filed a police report with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

"It's annoying that something like this of such nature is being placed in a mailbox," Lockman said.

He adds his America has no room for antiquated belief systems. And while a white piece of paper has been unsettling for some in the Oceanway neighborhood, Lockman says he's found an appropriate place for it - the trash.

"I'm sure it brings the community a little closer together. It's just something that everyone thinks is in the past."

The police report states that neighbors did not see anyone passing out the information. The material was found about two weeks ago.

--

KKK Cards Left In Residents' Mailboxes

POSTED: 3:25 p.m. EST January 2, 2004

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Betty Ross is fairly new to her Oceanway neighborhood -- she moved in just six months ago. But something she found in her mailbox Thursday made her wonder if she made the right move.

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0102/2738189_200X150.jpg
Ross (pictured, left) found a business card-shaped note that read, "Join the KKK and fight for race and nation."

"I found it a little unnerving," she said. "I didn't think the Ku Klux Klan exists anymore because I hadn't heard of it in years."

Ross then called police, who found cards in mailboxes all over the neighborhood and in Arlington. The cards were left at the homes of people of all races since Christmas Eve.

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0102/2738192_200X150.jpg
"To get this in my mailbox, I was wondering if I made the right move," Ross said. "Something was telling me, 'Maybe you should get out of here.'"

But she refused to be intimidated.

"I'm not scared. I guess [I'm] angry that in this day and time something like this would happen," she said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is conducting an open investigation into the incident, and trying to discover who is behind the cards.

Nordhammer
Monday, January 5th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Why would he? Throwing notes with constitutionally protected anonymous political speech into private mailboxes can't be possibly illegal in the US?

- Thorburn

It's not illegal, anymore than me getting tons of junkmail. They're just sending a politically correct message with such statements. It's amazing but because of so much propaganda in the media and social conditioning, a lot of people think racism is illegal.

Nordhammer
Monday, January 5th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I guess Tim Lockman and company thinks the white race is antiquated and needs to be replaced. :D

Yeah, let's get rid of anything because it's a few decades old... who needs the Constitution and Occidental culture, it's old news. It's going in that direction for sure.

Whitefist
Thursday, January 22nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Putting things in mailboxes is illegal. You may be prosecuted for mail fraud.
I did something like this before. It is a bad idea. :doh

cosmocreator
Friday, January 23rd, 2004, 05:00 AM
I don't think it's mail fraud.

I got fined for distributing National Vanguard Book Catalogs door to door. But only because I didn't have a permit from the city to distribute door to door. City bylaws are probably similar everywhere in Canada and the US.

AngryPotato
Friday, January 23rd, 2004, 05:57 AM
It's not illegal, anymore than me getting tons of junkmail. They're just sending a politically correct message with such statements. It's amazing but because of so much propaganda in the media and social conditioning, a lot of people think racism is illegal.

If you make a racist comment while in court you get a court ordered racial sensitivity class here in Connecticut.

Mac Seafraidh
Friday, January 23rd, 2004, 05:24 PM
The Klan sucks and they stand totally against their originally beliefs. First off they would not try and go regional because of their forefather's hatred of the north. They also wear those "dunce doo rags" that look pretty ridiculous. Some of the American WN groups are organized pretty well, but the Klan makes themselves stupid allying with other groups. What retahds(Bostonian lingo) !!!

Saoirse
Saturday, January 24th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Probably a prank just to make us look bad.

Angelcynn Beorn
Monday, January 26th, 2004, 02:12 AM
The Klan must really have gone downhill if distrubiting calling cards is the most newsworthy thing they've done lately :(

Saoirse
Monday, January 26th, 2004, 06:04 AM
The Klan has gone down hill since it's fall in 44.