PDA

View Full Version : Influence of Race on Intelligence and Personality?

Northern Paladin
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Is personality strongly influenced by race? If so what personality traits would you attribute to the Nordic race and what explanation would you give for their evolution?

GenericDani
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Is personality strongly influenced by race? If so what personality traits would you attribute to the Nordic race and what explanation would you give for their evolution?

I would have to say personality has a lot to do with race. European/Nordic races tend to have a stronger sense of self (and self-dignity), but are typically quieter people than are non-Nordics.

Monday, January 10th, 2005, 06:16 AM
I would have to say personality has a lot to do with race. European/Nordic races tend to have a stronger sense of self (and self-dignity), but are typically quieter people than are non-Nordics.
Very interesting. I actually haven't given this much thought before, but now that I think about it I believe you to be right - at least it seems to fit well with my experiences...

How do we explain this?

cosmocreator
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Yes it does. Nords are quiet and contemplative.

Scandinavian-girl
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Nords tend to be quiet,reserved,less emotional and place a lot of value on privacy.
I think the contrast between med culture and nordic culture shows this quiet clearly.

cosmocreator
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Nords tend to be quiet,reserved,less emotional and place a lot of value on privacy.
I think the contrast between med culture and nordic culture shows this quiet clearly.

Yes, and we also like a lot of space.

GenericDani
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM

Just reading this also reminded of me...not only comparing Negroids with Nords... ;-) But also Asians... Their personalities are affected by their race, BECAUSE of how they are raised (I don't think this part is genetic, but I could be wrong). Traditional Asian families are taught not to share their feelings, express their emotions, etc (to each other), and they are therefore less likely to do this in public, as well.

Patria
Tuesday, January 11th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Shy, self reliant, trustworthy, altruistic, productive, Nice enumeration, i would add "creative" in the sense of "schaffend". I think there's a difference between "productive" and "creative".
unfulfilled with modern life.Because he feels the emptieness of the modern world and knows there was something in the past, a mystical, spiritual strength. :frown:

Kurtz
Thursday, September 21st, 2006, 01:57 AM
Is there any serious studies about a possible correlation between race and character traits, including mental faculties? In other forums, lots of pseudo-scientific about the supreme Nordic intelligence (which I doubt on many points) but actually is there any good scientific entreprises about this matter which could be debated here?

Ragnar Thorsson
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Can we base this on the IQ of every individual?

Like I am Skando Nordid and my IQ is 118:)

Count Armfelt
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I'm Nordid with minor Cro Magnid influences and my IQ is 137.

Hasn't it allready been proven that there is a correlation between IQ and personality?

Jäger
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Hasn't it allready been proven that there is a correlation between IQ and personality?
If I got him right, he asked not for a relation between IQ and personality, but for Race and IQ, and/or Race and personality

Rushton made some research in this regard
http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushton_pubs.htm

Coincidentally, his latest publication deals with this question
http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/Rushton%20&%20Jensen%20(2006)%20proofs.pdf (http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/Rushton%20&%20Jensen%20%282006%29%20proofs.pdf)

Patrioten
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Search for Kretschmer and Sheldon/schizothymic and zyklothymic here on the forum, there are quite a few of threads where this matter is and has been discussed.

goldgrube
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm Nordid with minor Cro Magnid influences and my IQ is 137.

If it was you wouldnt be bragging about it

and internet tests do not count

Patrioten
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM

and internet tests do not countI can't see that he's bragging, him mentioning it could be labeled as a showing of pride maybe, but that's just normal in my book. I see you on the other hand being annoyed about seeing the number 137 for an IQ score, why i have no idea, inferiority complex (with reservations for me being wrong about that)?

goldgrube
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
him mentioning it could be labeled as a showing of pride maybe

And the reason for him doing so in this thread is...?

Count Armfelt
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Because the person above my post did it.

Janus
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM

and internet tests do not count

Well that brings us again to the relation between IQ and personality :D

I consider current IQ test results as irrelevant because they test only a small part of the brain's abilities and pure logical thinking is useless aswell without creativity or imigination. Well, personally I like IQ tests but just as some kind of brain jogging and not as serious indicator for my intellect though the results were rather high mostly.

nätdeutsch
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 03:53 PM
http://theoccidentalquarterly.com/vol2no1/jpr-taxonomic.html

all you ever need to know about this topic.