PDA

View Full Version : Is this correct?

Š■eling
Friday, November 4th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I need some help.

In my studies of anthropology I have drawn the following assumptions/conclusions:

"White" is not a good term to use to define the indigenous inhabitants of Europe. Pigmentation is only one part, and possibly the least important indicator of racial characteristics. A more useful term would be Europid to define those whose racial origins are located in Europe. The Europid falls in the larger racial category of Caucasian.

The Europid race arose from a number of sources. It can be broadly split into two main groups Mediterranean and Upper Paleolithic/Nordic. The UP are an amalgamation of Cro-Magnon, with possible Neanderthal elements the jury is still out, and Mediterranean and/or Corded types. The Mediterranean are the more ancient and extend across southern Europe into the Near east and India.

Is this a fair approxamation? Or am I seriously confused?

Appreciate the help.:)

Agrippa
Friday, November 4th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Since Europid is often the same as Caucasoid, especially in European publications (mainly before the 1990's, but even beyond), the best designation is in my opinion "European Europids" - thats quite clear since just certain Europid racial groups are indigenous in Europe (Nordid-Dalofaelid, Mediterranid, Dinarid, Osteuropid (Baltid) and Alpinoid).