PDA

View Full Version : My Cephalic Index

Conquistador
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 08:27 PM
...is 78.

I am curious...Which sub-race by any chance would have this as their average number?

Loki
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Conquistador
...is 78.

I am curious...Which sub-race by any chance would have this as their average number?

Mediterranean.

According to Coon, these groups all have an average CI of 78:

Bruenn Irish, Mediterranean (Long-Faced) Armenian, Mediterranean Yemeni #1, Nordic Irish with UP features, Pontic Mediterranean Bulgarian, Pontic Mediterranean Czech, Reduced UP Irish, Reduced UP Moroccan and UP/Nordic Moroccan.

Generally, the Mediterraneans average between 74 and 78. The most typical Nordics have very similar CI's. But it is easy to distinguish between the (similar) Meds and Nordics - by looking at the pigmentation. It is more difficult to distinguish between Nordic and Med skulls....

Conquistador
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Loki
Mediterranean.

Bruenn Irish, Mediterranean (Long-Faced) Armenian, Mediterranean Yemeni #1, Nordic Irish with UP features, Pontic Mediterranean Bulgarian, Pontic Mediterranean Czech, Reduced UP Irish, Reduced UP Moroccan and UP/Nordic Moroccan.

Generally, the Mediterraneans average between 74 and 78. The most typical Nordics have very similar CI's. But it is easy to distinguish between the (similar) Meds and Nordics - by looking at the pigmentation. It is more difficult to distinguish between Nordic and Med skulls....

Correct. :thumbup I am predominately Atlanto-Mediterranean with Alpine and Dinaric elements included. I have the Dinaric chin and the Alpine nose. My skin tone is a mix of the Mediterranean skin tone and the ruddy Alpine skin tone. As for the Nordic elements, they are miniscule.

Azdaja
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Ah.
Now you too can be a mesocephalic kind of guy living in a brachycephalic kind of world.

Conquistador
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Azdaja
Ah.
Now you too can be a mesocephalic kind of guy living in a brachycephalic kind of world.

I'm a bit brachycephalic, yes.

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, July 10th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Loki
Mediterranean.

Nope, it's a clincher repeatedly flaring up to concoct some dubious and clearly biased theory to retrieve the Nordids from some Med origin and put in some old-fashioned lamarckism in place about the environmental factors affecting for instance pigmenattion of skin, hair and eyes.

The Nordid skull is prolific for its "Keilform", term applied by Schliz and Kossinna: the forehead recedes but is also broad and levelled , sideways faintly arching, while the skull grows behind in a projecting but tapered occiput, unlike the "Kokonform" or ellipsoid shape of the Central German and Austrian neolithic long-heads, either Corded or Danubian,or even the Aunjetitzer Nordids and thus also sharply distinctive from the ovoid skull of the West Mediterranid with narrow forehead and broadening occipital area.

Loki
Thursday, July 10th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Frans3108
Nope, it's a clincher repeatedly flaring up to concoct some dubious and clearly biased theory to retrieve the Nordids from some Med origin

I did not imply that at all.

But your information on the Nordic skull is fascinating - thanks.

Regards,

Loki

Conquistador
Friday, July 11th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Frans3108
Nope, it's a clincher repeatedly flaring up to concoct some dubious and clearly biased theory to retrieve the Nordids from some Med origin and put in some old-fashioned lamarckism in place about the environmental factors affecting for instance pigmenattion of skin, hair and eyes.

The Nordid skull is prolific for its "Keilform", term applied by Schliz and Kossinna: the forehead recedes but is also broad and levelled , sideways faintly arching, while the skull grows behind in a projecting but tapered occiput, unlike the "Kokonform" or ellipsoid shape of the Central German and Austrian neolithic long-heads, either Corded or Danubian,or even the Aunjetitzer Nordids and thus also sharply distinctive from the ovoid skull of the West Mediterranid with narrow forehead and broadening occipital area.

So much for Von Braun's crusade trying to be "Nordish". :lol