PDA

View Full Version : Athens 2004 Olympics: After ...sales Services!

Aristotle
Monday, September 13th, 2004, 05:33 PM
ATHENS 2004 OLYMPICS: AFTER ...SALES SERVICES!

The Game is over! The lights are 'switch off'! Stage is empty! In the central Omonoia Place nothing reminds fests and celebrations of past days! Life turn back to the modern Greek life frames!
A few images of after-Olympics today's Athens.
In memoriam...

Kindest Regards from Greece's Capital! Democracy won for another time...

Vlad Cletus
Wednesday, September 15th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Why such a horrid portrayal of great Athens? But this is the face of Capitalism anyways.

Scoob
Wednesday, September 15th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Doesn't look all that bad for a modern city. I'd guess there are a lot of bums around because of the mild climate. Certainly, other European cities can be much dirtier (Berlin) - not to mention big U.S. cities like NYC.

Aristotle
Wednesday, September 15th, 2004, 04:09 PM
ΕΥΤΥΧΕΙΤΕ!
Dear Scoob, for a foreigner who has no idea what does it mean Athens maybe, but for an original Hellen whos' Aesthetic concerning this city is very sharp, these images are out of ...reality!
Athens was a beautiful place with a very high Aesthetic not an urban-bordello like today's monster!
Kindest Regards!Doesn't look all that bad for a modern city. I'd guess there are a lot of bums around because of the mild climate. Certainly, other European cities can be much dirtier (Berlin) - not to mention big U.S. cities like NYC.

Nehaj
Wednesday, September 15th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Heh, crafty Odysseus and the evil suitors on the scooters.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, September 16th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I have never been to Athens. I did watch the Olympics on TV and was very impressed with the way everything went. What do you think of creating facilities at Olympia and having them there every year? Each country could contribute and so the tremendous cost could be kept down.

Aristotle
Thursday, September 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
ΕΥΤΥΧΕΙΤΕ!
Dear Dr. Solar Wolff, watching TV is something different than to have a live-knowledge of the Games.
Really, the Organization of latest Olympics was excellent concerning Games themselves. Everything was well organized with no doubt! My post has to do with Athens after Olympics. Today, a few days after, Athens is, as previously, a very dirty and "cement" city.
Concerning permanent Olympics in ancient Olympia I agree to you under a basic rule: there is not permitable any modern facility because of the historical significance of this place! If somebody thinks to organize there Olympics must to respect this only and basic rule. It means that there is place only for Games not for commercialization, sponsors etc. It means that modern "Olympics" without these "factors" are not possible to be organized because modern "Olympics" is nothing more than commerce. Of course, it is a very good idea and very acceptable if Olympics will be real Humanity's Games.
Adolf Hitler was also the first, concerning this aspect. With the donation of Third Reich during Berlin's Olympics, in ancient Olympia was found the International Olympic Academy in order to became a bond among all Peoples and to prepare the evolution of Olympics in modern times. Unfortunately Democracies turn Olympics to international markets of athletism.
Kindest Regards!
I have never been to Athens. I did watch the Olympics on TV and was very impressed with the way everything went. What do you think of creating facilities at Olympia and having them there every year? Each country could contribute and so the tremendous cost could be kept down.