PDA

View Full Version : Finnish Eco-Fascism

Mac Seafraidh
Thursday, August 26th, 2004, 04:49 PM
http://www.taivaansusi.net/politiikka/ekofasismi.html

svartabrandr
Thursday, August 26th, 2004, 05:24 PM
"What to do, when a ship carrying a hundred passengers suddenly capsizes and only one lifeboat? When the lifeboat is full, those who hate life will try to load it with more people and sink the lot. Those who love and respect life will take the ship's axe and sever the extra hands that cling to the sides of the boat."
I love this line. :)

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 02:32 AM
Very interesting. This guy is beyond good & evil.

I agree with him on many things. If I could exterminate the majority of the world population, I would.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 03:59 AM
Very interesting. This guy is beyond good & evil.

I agree with him on many things. If I could exterminate the majority of the world population, I would.

AIDS will take care of that. I wonder how this guy feels about the earth-self-corrective theory of Gaia?

Oskorei
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 11:42 AM
The main problem with Primitivists, of the Anarcho-variety and also like Penttola, is that they fail to see that if Europe gave up modern technology the Third World surely wouldnt, and then they'd invade us, using firearms, and force us to mix with them.

Overall he seems to be an interesting thinker though.

Ederico
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 01:21 PM
A highly Radical and unproposable Environmentalist Position. No one would take it seriously eventually even though logically the man might have some good points.

He reminds me of the Norwegian Varg Vikernes/Burzum in his ideas.

green nationalist
Friday, September 3rd, 2004, 03:53 PM
The problem with this technological regression ideal is that it is a utopia and will never be achieved, what has to be addressed though is the need for a cleaner fuel source. The Oil is running out and as the worlds nations are fighting over the last few barrels, we as Aryans need to be 2 steps ahead in technologica development i.e. we should have developed alternative, viable fuel source.

This Finnish man is a utopian, a angry hippy.

Real Eco_Fascism can be found at this link www.groenrechts.be (http://www.groen-rechts.com)

A active org in belgium.

Mac Seafraidh
Friday, September 3rd, 2004, 04:27 PM
The problem with this technological regression ideal is that it is a utopia and will never be achieved, what has to be addressed though is the need for a cleaner fuel source. The Oil is running out and as the worlds nations are fighting over the last few barrels, we as Aryans need to be 2 steps ahead in technologica development i.e. we should have developed alternative, viable fuel source.

Real Eco_Fascism can be found at this link www.groenrechts.be (http://www.groen-rechts.com/)

A active org in belgium.
Yes, I have been to this website before, but the only problem is that it looks to be down at this time. With society the way it is right now it would be extremely hard to do that. You are definately right.

Susisaari
Friday, October 15th, 2004, 10:38 PM
AIDS will take care of that. I wonder how this guy feels about the earth-self-corrective theory of Gaia?

Pentti Linkola doesn't believe in such religious nonsense. He is an atheist and explicitly opposed to any kind of mysticism.

Susisaari
Friday, October 15th, 2004, 10:40 PM

Pentti Linkola is definitely not a hippie. If you know anyone who speaks Finnish, ask them to read this:
Pentti Linkola: Muistoja vanhasta sivistyneistöstä (http://www.taivaansusi.net/politiikka/linkola2.html)

green nationalist
Friday, October 15th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Pentti Linkola is definitely not a hippie. If you know anyone who speaks Finnish, ask them to read this:
Pentti Linkola: Muistoja vanhasta sivistyneistöstä (http://www.taivaansusi.net/politiikka/linkola2.html)
I dont know anyone who will translate that, why dont you?

By the way, I love your country, I visited a town called Kemi in 1998, had the time of my life!:)

Susisaari
Friday, October 15th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I dont know anyone who will translate that, why dont you?

It's way too long for me translate, but it's about his nostalgy for Finland's patriotic cultural elite of 19th and early 20th centuries, and his loathing of the uncivilised masses (he uses expressions like 'riff-raff, scum, trash' etc.) and their proletarian culture (barbarism is one of the expressions he uses), so calling him a hippie is more than a bit ridiculous.

By the way, I love your country, I visited a town called Kemi in 1998, had the time of my life!:)

Kemi is in Lappland, so did you go fishing, hunting, skiing, or something? I'm not a fan of outdoor sports or Lappland myself, I prefer to stay here in Helsinki...

green nationalist
Wednesday, January 26th, 2005, 01:56 PM
It's way too long for me translate, but it's about his nostalgy for Finland's patriotic cultural elite of 19th and early 20th centuries, and his loathing of the uncivilised masses (he uses expressions like 'riff-raff, scum, trash' etc.) and their proletarian culture (barbarism is one of the expressions he uses), so calling him a hippie is more than a bit ridiculous.

Kemi is in Lappland, so did you go fishing, hunting, skiing, or something? I'm not a fan of outdoor sports or Lappland myself, I prefer to stay here in Helsinki...
No I just went to see the Buetifull women and drink the lapin Kulta:)

Deling
Thursday, February 3rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
"No I just went to see the Buetifull women"

Didn't know there were many left up there, except Murmansk imports.

green nationalist
Thursday, February 3rd, 2005, 11:12 PM
"No I just went to see the Buetifull women"

Didn't know there were many left up there, except Murmansk imports.
Well I know that all the Swedes think the Finns are ugly, but the Finns think your all Homosexual. So I guess its just one of those things:)

Deling
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 10:15 AM
"Well I know that all the Swedes think the Finns are ugly, but the Finns think your all Homosexual. So I guess its just one of those things"

Well, I'm more Finnish than Swedish, so I'm not exactly biased ;) Finnish women are the most good-looking ones, that's for sure.
What I meant was: In Lappland (which stretches through Finland to Sweden) there has often been written about the shortages of women, which make the men up there to "import" women from Murmansk (a.e), if you understand what I mean.

I didn't knew Finns thought Swedes to be gay! :) Well, I guess it's one of these "Nordic competition" things; it's more joke than serious nationalism really. Which is great, otherwise it would be like Caucasus and Balkan where they kill their neighbours for these kind of ideas.

green nationalist
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Well, I'm more Finnish than Swedish, so I'm not exactly biased ;) Finnish women are the most good-looking ones, that's for sure.

Indeed, and better lovers too;)

What I meant was: In Lappland (which stretches through Finland to Sweden) there has often been written about the shortages of women, which make the men up there to "import" women from Murmansk (a.e), if you understand what I mean.

Well I suppose your talkng about Sammis then which is a different race alltogether ( I Think? )

I didn't knew Finns thought Swedes to be gay! :) Well, I guess it's one of these "Nordic competition" things; it's more joke than serious nationalism really. Which is great, otherwise it would be like Caucasus and Balkan where they kill their neighbours for these kind of ideas.
Yes its all in good Humour, that would be a tragedy if Finns and Swedes fell out and fought as such, but a sense of Scandenavian identity would not allow this these days anyway. From the experiances i have had travelling in both countries.

Deling
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM
"Indeed, and better lovers too"

Haven't yet to reach that conclusion...

"Well I suppose your talkng about Sammis then which is a different race alltogether ( I Think? )"

No, no...Lappland isn't Sami land. Lapp and Sami isn't the same thing, atleast not in Sweden and Finland. A Lapp is someone living in either Finnish Lappland (east of Torne river) or in Swedish Lappland, which is upper Norrland. Most inhabitants are Swedish or Finnish. Sami people live in the northern regions of Finland, Sweden and Norway.
Sami people are often integrated in Scandinavian society, but often remember their shamanic origin and culture. There are traditional Sami societies left though, from what I know it's centered around Kautokeino in the absolute north of Norway.
Different race I don't know, I don't think any Norwegian, Swede nor Finn find them especially alien (in the way we see non-Europeans, not to mention the 'traveller-people' and other'tattare'). They are a tribal group that (often) still hold on to their traditions and culture, and is somewhat of a cultural heritage: some of the last 'aboriginee' tribes in Europe.
Thus there is no Sami problem, I regard them only positive; an inspiration source for decadent Scandinavian societies.

"Yes its all in good Humour, that would be a tragedy if Finns and Swedes fell out and fought as such, but a sense of Scandenavian identity would not allow this these days anyway. From the experiances i have had travelling in both countries."

Swedes and Norwegians regard eachother as 'brothers', so to speak, and Finland is still very Swedified, with signs in both Swedish and Finnish (especially in the cities). Sweden is very Fennofied too, with about 300 000 original Finns coming here the last 50 years, not to count the offspring.
There's a clearly Nordic feeling among our nations, atleast in Sweden. I think it's even greater in Finland and Norway...
Scandinavia is a sort of brotherhood which doesn't exist in many (if any) other places in Europe. You can look at it as the relationship between England, Wales and Scotland.
Sweden is often regarded as 'big brother' from both Finns and Norwegians, which I find strange. Must be low national self-esteem or something ;) ...or just a sense of brotherhood...

green nationalist
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Sweden is often regarded as 'big brother' from both Finns and Norwegians, which I find strange. Must be low national self-esteem or something ;) ...or just a sense of brotherhood...
That might be something to do with Sweden being such a large superpower back in the Good old days.

Deling
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
"That might be something to do with Sweden being such a large superpower back in the Good old days."

I don't know if it was the 'good old days', but the Swedish Kingdom were a 'superpower', that's right. The first to create a national-wide conscription system, postal system, Europe's most modern army material and tactics; personally I find it amusing that a nation-state (including the Dominions; Eastern Sweden (Finland), Livland (Estonia, Latvia) and the German possessions) the size of todays France, Germany and Britain together, with a total population of about 3 million, were able to do this in a continental Europe divided between the myriad of states under Habsburg possession and France, not to mention the Lutheran/Catholic fault-line.

Sweden rannsacked Poland over and over during the 1650's, (fortunately Poles have forgotten this) pillaged and ravaged Prague; the capital of Habsburg emperor, were the primary part in the Thirty Years' War, almost obliterated the Danish state in 1658 (rescued only because of British-Netherland intervention: they wanted TWO powers in the Baltics, to be able to play them out against eachother).
During the Karolingian kings (Karl X Gustav, Karl XI, Karl XII) Sweden became a militarized 'military dictatorship', unfamiliar to rest of Europe. This in a kingdom that were extremely densily populated, were communications SHOULDN'T have been able to work smoothly.

Well, I went a little OT with this idealization... ;)
...and I don't hope Sweden will become some sort of great power again; what I DO hope is that the Swedish folk will be active in the regional integration of Northern Europe.

green nationalist
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I don't know if it was the 'good old days',
Well I said "Good old Days because i didnt know the dates, Thats interesting history, We never learn of that in our schools in Ireland. Very strange actually because you guys were a important and influential Superpower.

Way off topic now are we not?

Deling
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Yes, very off...

But it's not hard to find facts like these. There are many great history books about the political events of Europe from around 1300-1700. Check out the library. Even though I'm not too keen on popular history, the stories of Europe during this period is VERY interesting. Not just Sweden; everything from Karl V who inheritaged half the world, Peter I and his europeanisation of Russia, the super-power Holland; able to defeat both France and England...and much more.
But Ireland is very 'periphery' in the prospect of European history, unfortunately.