PDA

View Full Version : Should Skadi Create Country and Regional Forums?

Thorburn
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 06:41 PM
One of our administrators suggested that Skadi should create country and regional forums.

This trend has apparently been initiated by Stormfront (Stormfront Britain, Stormfront Canada, Stormfront Downunder, Stormfront Ireland, Stormfront Nederland & Vlaanderen, Stormfront Serbia, and so forth), and has more recently been implemened on some other forums, such as Combat 88 and The Phora.

Advantage would be that such forums will be used, that they will attract more members, that information is categorized on a country and region basis, that members can post and discuss in their native tongues.

Since Skadi is, unlike Stormfront and Combat-88, not white nationalist but rather pro-nationalist, focusing on the preservation of European subracial, cultural, and regional differences and nation States, such forums would thematically fit definitely better on Skadi than on those forums.

Disadvantage would be that the Forum Home will even become longer, as we would really need forums and not merely subforums to make this work. Not that I am in any way disturbed by the length of the Forum Home (I know where everything is) but I heard the opinion that newbies feel overwhelmed by it?

Opinions?

Saoirse
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Skadi Ireland :metal

Mac Seafraidh
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Hmm, It is not a bad idea. It would not really matter to me.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I voted no simply because I don't think we have enough diversity and quantity to support such forums. But, whatever you prefer is fine with me. :)

Grimr
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Maybe Skadi should simply start its own country...

bocian
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 08:27 PM
The forum is divided enough as it is. We already have private forums for Slavs, Nordicists and Meds.

Thorburn
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I voted no simply because I don't think we have enough diversity and quantity to support such forums. But, whatever you prefer is fine with me. :) Skadi had 50%+ of the thread turnover of SF before it went down. A not insignificant part thereof has been created by the German section (NF).

Similarly, a significant part of the SF traffic is caused by its regional forums, in particular Stormfront Netherlands and Britain. In fact, more than 11% of Stormfront's total hits come already from the Netherlands alone.

I naturally don't think it's realistic that they will all come to Skadi now if we create such a forum if they have already a well-established community somewhere else, nor would there any benefit in it for anyone to copy concepts. Similarly, I don't think we need an Irish forum, as there is already a whole board dedicated to Irish Nationalism (irish-nationalism.com) which is excellently managed and which focuses much deeper on the issue by subdivisions as we could ever do.

However, there simply is still no Northern European/Scandinavian forum with any more sophisticated and deeper structure on the whole web where Northern European nationalists could discuss in their native tongues.

There could also be potential for a Greek forum and maybe some others. Any further input is welcome.

bocian
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Skadi had 50%+ of the thread turnover of SF before it went down. A not insignificant part thereof has been created by the German section (NF).

Similarly, a significant part of the SF traffic is caused by its regional forums, in particular Stormfront Netherlands and Britain. In fact, more than 11% of Stormfront's total hits come already from the Netherlands alone.

I naturally don't think it's realistic that they will all come to Skadi now if we create such a forum if they have already a well-established community somewhere else, nor would there any benefit in it for anyone to copy concepts. Similarly, I don't think we need an Irish forum, as there is already a whole board dedicated to Irish Nationalism (irish-nationalism.com) which is excellently managed and which focuses much deeper on the issue by subdivisions as we could ever do.

However, there simply is still no Northern European/Scandinavian forum with any more sophisticated and deeper structure on the whole web where Northern European nationalists could discuss in their native tongues.

There could also be potential for a Greek forum and maybe some others. Any further input is welcome.

A colonial forum.

Thorburn
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 08:58 PM
A colonial forum.
http://forum.forums.skadi.netdisplay.php?f=63

bocian
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 09:19 PM
http://forum.forums.skadi.netdisplay.php?f=63

I was thinking more along the lines of a private forum, like ToP.

Thorburn
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 09:23 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a private forum, like ToP.
A private forum for?

bocian
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 09:25 PM
A private forum for?

Maybe I lost you somewhere. Nevermind.

Strengthandhonour
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 09:27 PM
It sounds like a good idea to me. but it could make things complicated. Maybe make a forum for nationalities, and within that forum, have each country that is selected? That way the home page won't be as huge as it already is.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 06:53 AM
We have a German language forum and it seems that so many Europeans know English that the English forum will be the central point even if others are added. What about a Russian language forum for the Slavic world?

Alkman
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 10:21 AM
The forum is divided enough as it is. We already have private forums for Slavs, Nordicists and Meds.
Exactly,there's no need for further division.European culture is preserved by learning from each other,there is no space for more "Ghetoes" here.
If you make this new forums,at least dont make them private

Thorburn
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 12:04 PM
We have a German language forum and it seems that so many Europeans know English that the English forum will be the central point even if others are added. What about a Russian language forum for the Slavic world?
http://forum.forums.skadi.netdisplay.php?f=101

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I think that strictly speaking the Other Languages Forum with its subdivisions deal already half-heartedly in country/region-related matters, the activity rate is somewhat sparser dependant of origin and residence of our members.
A name change would be sufficient.

Phlegethon
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Skadi is already clogged enough and it is hard to keep up to date with so many forums and sub-forus.

But if regionalized forums are going to be introduced I want a forum "Lalaland" - or "Fort Phlegethon". ;)

Ederico
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Just do a Forum for Malta and call it Patria Melita, obviously that should be just a link to AveMelita.com. :D

Awar
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 03:33 PM
"Fort Phlegethon".

Catchy! How about:

"Phlegethon, the old Fort"
"The silent fort of Phlegethon"
"Phlegethon: The man who forted"

Phlegethon
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 05:14 PM
You want blitzkrieg, buddy?

Awar
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 05:24 PM
You want blitzkrieg, buddy?

No thanks, I don't drink beer ;)

rusalka
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
But if regionalized forums are going to be introduced I want a forum "Lalaland"
Of which I'm a citizen of. ;)

Johannes de Len
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
I voted no, we already have something pretty similar in the Languages, History & Culture category, grouped in a nice way. ;)

Prince Eugen
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I angree with Johannes de Len!

Awar
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Me too.

rusalka
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I concur!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Of which I'm a citizen of. ;)Ha! You're the patron Saint! :nerner

rusalka
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Ha! You're the patron Saint! :nerner
Ha! That's even better. I shall inform the authorities of this promotion at once. :D

Now I wish we had a saintly smiley but I don't want the boring old halo, I need something with a flaming sword.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Oh, and Phlegethon can be your tortured muse. Or just tortured. Either way is fine with me.

Phlegethon
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I can still spank you both at the same time - despite my being an old fart. You can run, but you can't hide.

rusalka
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Oh, and Phlegethon can be your tortured muse. Or just tortured. Either way is fine with me.
Tortured is fine. St Sebastian with arrows sticking out of his torso comes to mind. I've always been a fan of Diocletian. Bwahaha.

What say you, Phleg? Other than threats of spanking? ;)

Phlegethon
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 09:33 PM
St. Sebastian did not have chain mail. I do. He also did not have chain-covered kevlar gloves. Your butts will glow in the dark!

Allenson
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 05:53 PM
I voted 'no' for the simple reason that there are already enough subforums to keep track of....plus we have good coverage with the various regional and ethnoracial subforums.

Medium
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 12:14 PM
would be nice definitly but skadi is already very *oooohm* extensively

Ross
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 12:24 PM
No.

And the German section shall be kicked out into the blue.