PDA

View Full Version : Facial & Cranial Shapes

BodewinTheSilent
Friday, December 27th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Various types of facial shapes. Karl Saller, Leitfaden der Anthropologie (1930).

BodewinTheSilent
Friday, December 27th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Various types of cranial shapes. Karl Saller, Leitfaden der Anthropologie (1930).

Demigorgona
Friday, December 27th, 2002, 10:46 PM
and what does all this mean....

Like what facial shapes are what?...

Azdaja
Friday, December 27th, 2002, 10:49 PM
I think my facial shape is #2 - oval. What's that mean?
#4 reminds me of this black kid I went to school with. lol.

Demigorgona
Friday, December 27th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Mines closest to #2 I guess...and in the other one Ellipildoidal or whatever i can't read the writing too too well...

BodewinTheSilent
Friday, December 27th, 2002, 11:46 PM
These facial types don't nessecarily correspond to racial types: the chart is mainly meant to aid in the classification of facial forms. However, certain shapes will be more common amongst some types, than others. Nordics are often II (oval); Alpines are often IV (rund); and Phalians are often VI (quadratisch). According to the SNPA, Hallstatt Nordics often have rhomboid-shaped faces: VII (rhombisch). I've attached a better quality version of the picture here.

NordicPower
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 03:26 AM
My face is oval shape, and my crania is ovoides.......
What do you have, Heimdall?

Demigorgona
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 03:28 AM
heh i read that wrong...i mean #2 for the first one and then ovoides for the second...

Hellstar
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 03:26 PM
I would say that Jennifer comes closer to rhombisch. or perhaps inbetween rhombisch and Oval.

cosmocreator
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 03:48 PM
My face is IX Verkehrt trapezforming. I seen down over the top of my head once with a combination of mirrors, it was either Sphenoides or Brisoides.

How did everyone determine their headshape? Did you use 3 mirrors or are you guessing?

NordicPower
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 08:28 PM
I used some pictures to determine my facial shape. But I have to admit at first I was questioning if it might be in between rhombisch and oval, but I decided to stick to one shape and I decided oval.

I determined my head shape from memory since I looked at it a million times when we were measuring cephalic index. I could check it again though.

NordicPower
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 08:40 PM
I remember now why I chose oval. My cheekbones aren't so prominent and my forehead is to noticeable degree broader than my chinline. Also, the underlying cranial structure is definitely almost exactly like tha oval's crania.

cosmocreator
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by NordicPower88
I remember now why I chose oval. My cheekbones aren't so prominent and my forehead is to noticeable degree broader than my chinline. But I guess I'm really between the two.

Do you have a picture I could see?

NordicPower
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Why? For assesment?

BodewinTheSilent
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 08:51 PM
My face is oval shape, and my crania is ovoides.......
What do you have, Heimdall?

I would say I have an oval face, perhaps slightly rhomboid in some tendencies. My skull is ovoid, judging by the views of it I've had in the mirror. I had someone help me by them holding the mirrors in position for me.

Ross
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Heimdall,

How's about CI, FI etc, if it's not private? :-)

How do you identify yuorself (racially)?

NordicPower
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Well, what about you, Ross? If he is going to tell we should also hear from you......

Ross
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 10:17 PM
I've already described myself.

cosmocreator
Saturday, December 28th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Why? For assesment?

Curious what you look like.

Hellstar
Sunday, December 29th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Ross
Heimdall,

How's about CI, FI etc, if it's not private? :-)

How do you identify yuorself (racially)? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOUR MIND BEEN? BOTH ME AND HEIMDALL ARE PURE HALLSTATTS:Newbie

Ross
Sunday, December 29th, 2002, 09:16 AM
I recall last time you were uncertain about your dimentions... Could you please (re-)post the results?

I just would like to know metrical info...

PS. Besides, if you're high skulled you're not a Hallstatt, of course.

Hellstar
Sunday, December 29th, 2002, 09:23 AM
PS. Besides, if you're high skulled you're not a Hallstatt, of course.
Coon found man with 1200mm forehead among hallstatts.
Its hallstatien to have high forehead with sloping backward forehead.
the borreby/Dinaric forehead is flat mostly and not sloping.

Man Ross you never give up do you:Newbie

Check your PM.

What did you think Heimdall was? Med?

Ross
Sunday, December 29th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Grrr... Russians don't give up :-)

Coon says Nordics are a mix of Danubians and BAs, and he's right. He has examples of Danubians and BAs in his book. So any high skulled Nordic is BA.

Where's his photo and dimentions??

Hellstar
Sunday, December 29th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ross

Where's his photo and dimentions??
No photo, by closer scrutiny of my thoughts I think I read it from Arbo, I will do some searching for it and promise to find it this week.

it was just a footnote in his papers that from the lowest hallstatt forehead to the highest he measured he estimated an average----