PDA

View Full Version : Male-Pattern Baldness and Race

Northern Paladin
Monday, April 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Is there a relationship between male-pattern baldness and race? I remember reading long ago that there may be a higher incidence of male-pattern baldness among Europids or more generally Caucasoids than among Mongoloids (East-Asians and Native-Americans). I've noticed that some Europids develop what I like to call an M-shaped hairline at a fairly young age, where hair starts to thin on the temples. I've always attributed this characteristic to certain (not all) Cro-Magnoid sub-races. I wonder if there actually is an explanation for this phenomenon. I always thought that, if it is in fact true, it is due to the fact that Europids were generally a tough, warrior race, in which the males had a lot of testosterone.

Ideas?

Eiriksson
Monday, April 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I believe it occurs mostly among cromagnids, I've read somewhere that there are two "types" of testosterone in every man, one is responsible for bone and muscles growth, while other for libido, baldness, and bodyhair, that's while we see sometimes very hairy man, but almost skeleton in posture.

Way of Deception
Monday, April 4th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Baldness, Hair Loss, Thick Hair, Body Hair... (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=89107&highlight=baldness)

That thread relates to (Europid) subraces. I believe John Baker wrote that those of the Nordid type are more prone to baldness.

+Suomut+
Tuesday, April 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I believe John Baker wrote that those of the Nordid type are more prone to baldness."The scalp hair of Nordids is not very abundant, and there is a tendency to baldness in males." from Race, p. 218. I'm glad you've mentioned this, I'd forgotten it.

The Aesthete
Tuesday, April 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
From what I have gathered Nordics have the greatest tendency to male pattern baldness, and they have high hairlines (think how baldness is rather uncommon amongst Slavs and how Meds have very low hairlines). Now amongst Caucasians blondes have the greatest hair density but the thinnest hair follicles, while red heads have less density but thicker hair follicles, finally dark haired brunettes have more density than redheads but less than blondes, but thicker hair follicles than both.

Interestingly Asians have lower hair density than Caucasians but have thicker hair follicles. Blacks have even lower density again.

And baldness can come from the mother OR father’s side.

Asians often bald in a diffuse pattern

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, April 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
From what I have gathered Nordics have the greatest tendency to male pattern baldness, and they have high hairlines (think how baldness is rather uncommon amongst Slavs and how Meds have very low hairlines). Now amongst Caucasians blondes have the greatest hair density but the thinnest hair follicles, while red heads have less density but thicker hair follicles, finally dark haired brunettes have more density than redheads but less than blondes, but thicker hair follicles than both.

Interestingly Asians have lower hair density than Caucasians but have thicker hair follicles. Blacks have even lower density again.

And baldness can come from the mother OR father’s side.

Asians often bald in a diffuse pattern

Among the Slavs (mainly Poles) that I knew in high school, the fair-haired ones would develop the "M-shaped" hairline, and the darker-haired ones would not show any signs of baldness. I'm guessing the Pontid (med) elements among some Slavs is responsible for them retaining their hair.

Juthunge
Wednesday, April 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM
From what I've seen male-pattern baldness (or "Geheimratsecken" as we say in Germany) is fairly common in the native population around but almost non-existant in Turks or thelike.
I haven't spotted much subracial differences in this but then again I haven't paid too much attention to that subject and pure Nordids are fairly rare here anyway.

Now, my own hairline looks pretty much like this I think:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/23/article-1037489-020B9AAF00000578-310_468x400.jpg

Which probably corresponds arguably either to II or III in this scheme:

http://www.ishrs.org/images/male-baldness.gif

On a personal note though, I tend to grow the hair above the temples a bit longer than the rest and therefore I'm able to totally hide it. Oddly enough this is the sole sign of "baldness" I can spot in myself since the rest of my head hair is very full and grows very fast too.

Ingvaeonic
Wednesday, April 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM
From what I've seen male-pattern baldness (or "Geheimratsecken" as we say in Germany) is fairly common in the native population around but almost non-existant in Turks or thelike.
I haven't spotted much subracial differences in this but then again I haven't paid too much attention to that subject and pure Nordids are fairly rare here anyway.

Now, my own hairline looks pretty much like this I think:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/23/article-1037489-020B9AAF00000578-310_468x400.jpg

Which probably corresponds arguably either to II or III in this scheme:
http://www.ishrs.org/images/male-baldness.gif

On a personal though, I tend to grow the hair above the temples a bit longer than the rest and therefore I'm able to totally hide it. Oddly enough this is the sole sign of "baldness" I can spot in myself since the rest of my head hair is very full and grows very fast too.

Jude Law's hair-line in this photo is the way my hair-line was in my mid 20s.

Llyr
Friday, May 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
i read that caucasoids have a higher % of baldness than other races. Plus i remember a picture which illustrated how baldness takes place in black, asian and caucasoid race.

Gaiseric
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Is there a relationship between male-pattern baldness and race? I remember reading long ago that there may be a higher incidence of male-pattern baldness among Europids or more generally Caucasoids than among Mongoloids (East-Asians and Native-Americans). I've noticed that some Europids develop what I like to call an M-shaped hairline at a fairly young age, where hair starts to thin on the temples. I've always attributed this characteristic to certain (not all) Cro-Magnoid sub-races. I wonder if there actually is an explanation for this phenomenon. I always thought that, if it is in fact true, it is due to the fact that Europids were generally a tough, warrior race, in which the males had a lot of testosterone.

Ideas?

Male pattern baldness (MPB) can be genetic but not in all cases.

MPB is caused when the body converts excess amounts of testosterone into excess DHT. DHT is important to health, especially for libido, but too much in the blood can travel to the hair follicles of the scalp and attach to the hair follicle roots and suffocate them for oxygen. This slowly killing the hair follicles. Several issues can cause this unnaturally including testicular malfunction or thyroid disorder.

Many food additives and chemicals today interfere with testicle and thyroid function.

Bottom line, MPB may not always be genetic. Especially in today's world.