PDA

View Full Version : Jean-Marie Le Pen Retires

Godwinson
Saturday, January 15th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Marine Le Pen 'chosen to lead France's National Front'

France's far right National Front has chosen Marine Le Pen as its new leader, replacing her father Jean-Marie Le Pen, party officials say.

The results will be officially announced on Sunday, but party sources said she had secured about two-thirds of members' votes.

Mr Le Pen is stepping down after leading the ultra-nationalist party, which he founded, for almost 40 years.

In 2002 he came a shock second in the first round of presidential elections.

Mr Le Pen lost the second round to incumbent Jacques Chirac.

A count of votes cast ahead of the annual FN congress in the central city of Tours showed Ms Le Pen, 42, who had the backing of her father, had easily beaten her rival, Bruno Gollnisch.

The FN, with its anti-immigration agenda has been shunned by France's main parties.

But Ms Le Pen has said she wants to break with its xenophobic, anti-Islam image and is confident the FN can become part of mainstream politics.

A recent poll suggested the party could come third in the presidential elections to be held in 2012.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12198370

Caledonian
Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I'm hoping for the French that their national front party continues it's resistance.

If one nation falls it's only a matter of time before others will in a massive domino effect.

But Ms Le Pen has said she wants to break with its xenophobic, anti-Islam image and is confident the FN can become part of mainstream politics.

That would be a terrible loss for France.........

Once a political parties becomes multicultural or all accepting it no longer retains it's nationalism.

Ms Le Pen needs to be slapped across her face by her father.

[(Laughs.) Maybe that would knock some sense into her.]

InvaderNat
Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I'm hoping for the French that their national front party continues it's resistance.

If one nation falls it's only a matter of time before others will in a massive domino effect.

That would be a terrible loss for France.........

Once a political parties becomes multicultural or all accepting it no longer retains it's nationalism.

Ms Le Pen needs to be slapped across her face by her father.

[(Laughs.) Maybe that would knock some sense into her.]

I'm pretty sure she means image, not ideologically mainstream. It will be good to have a woman like her in charge of the FN. The only criticism I have of her is how she thinks her party has more in common with UKIP than the BNP :( - she is clearly quite ignorant of UKIP's ideologies (and the fact that the UKIP leadership hates the FN).

Oxygen
Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM
The only criticism I have of her is how she thinks her party has more in common with UKIP than the BNP :( - she is clearly quite ignorant of UKIP's ideologies (and the fact that the UKIP leadership hates the FN).

No shes not, she wants to reform FN and sees UKIP as an ideal.

Article about Marine at TOO:
Marine LePen: A Unique Voice in the Rise of Anti-Muslim Political Parties in Europe by K-Mac: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/01/marine-lepen-a-unique-variant-of-the-rise-of-anti-muslim-political-parties-in-europe/

Ardito
Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM

The FN is nothing but hot air. France is long gone.

InvaderNat
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 03:06 AM
No shes not, she wants to reform FN and sees UKIP as an ideal.

Article about Marine at TOO:
Marine LePen: A Unique Voice in the Rise of Anti-Muslim Political Parties in Europe by K-Mac: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/01/marine-lepen-a-unique-variant-of-the-rise-of-anti-muslim-political-parties-in-europe/

There was nothing in that link that suggested that, sure she isn't a big fan of the BNP like her father or the current deputy Bruno but I hardly think that reforming the FN is a bad thing. She's simply following the example of various successful Euro-Nationalist/National-Conservative parties (instead of lingering on in 3rd or 4th place) - something that the BNP seems to be (wisely) attempting to do at the moment as well.
It's not a betrayal of ideology to do so, they're simply playing the game smarter; their policies are still going to be pretty much exactly the same as under her father.

I also get the feeling that her problem with the BNP is simply it's gruff & ogreish leader Nick Griffin (publicity-wise anyway) and that she would change her tune in regards to the BNP when they also change leaders sometime in the next 1-2 years. Furthermore it's logical to expect that the BNP will continue to tone-down it's rhetoric (not policies) on racial issues (such as highlighting the civil problems with immigration so everyone can understand them) which will make it a far more electable party like the FN.

Regardless as Bruno is the leader of their EU AENM party and Nick is the deputy it seems very unlikely that she would actually befriend the useless UKIP party (whose leadership doesn't like the FN as I mentioned before).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_European_National_Movements

The FN is nothing but hot air. France is long gone.

If the Front Nationale gets into power (or a coalition) in the coming years it would be an excellent start in the process of de-multicultualizing & un-Islamifying France. Similar parties in Denmark, Switzerland and the Netherlands have produced good results by simply playing the political game smarter and forcing 'conservative' parties like Sarkozy's UMP to play ball with them, which they usually will do rather than risking losing their power to the left-wing coalition.

So I don't think there's reason to be quite so pessimistic; even if it is very down heartening when one considers the current state of cities like Paris or London.

Oxygen
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
There was nothing in that link that suggested that, sure she isn't a big fan of the BNP like her father or the current deputy Bruno but I hardly think that reforming the FN is a bad thing. She's simply following the example of various successful Euro-Nationalist/National-Conservative parties (instead of lingering on in 3rd or 4th place) - something that the BNP seems to be (wisely) attempting to do at the moment as well.
It's not a betrayal of ideology to do so, they're simply playing the game smarter; their policies are still going to be pretty much exactly the same as under her father.

I also get the feeling that her problem with the BNP is simply it's gruff & ogreish leader Nick Griffin (publicity-wise anyway) and that she would change her tune in regards to the BNP when they also change leaders sometime in the next 1-2 years. Furthermore it's logical to expect that the BNP will continue to tone-down it's rhetoric (not policies) on racial issues (such as highlighting the civil problems with immigration so everyone can understand them) which will make it a far more electable party like the FN.

Regardless as Bruno is the leader of their EU AENM party and Nick is the deputy it seems very unlikely that she would actually befriend the useless UKIP party (whose leadership doesn't like the FN as I mentioned before).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_European_National_Movements

True, there was nothing directly outspoken about UKIP but she is known to be much more liberal on many issues than her father and advocating moving the party in that direction, she is also very knowledgeable and I highly doubt that she dosent know exactly what shes talking about when it comes to UKIP or ideological issues. Of course I dont know but I find it unlikely FN will have the same policies as under her old man. Good or bad? I dont know.

From the article:
A Daily Telegraph interview quotes a French political analyst who notes that “The French no longer only see the FN as an extreme-Right party but as a populist and popular party transcending the Right and Left.”

Like Wilders, her objections to Islam are not phrased in terms of seeing them as racial aliens but as unwilling to conform to secular French culture. Distancing herself from the BNP, she claims the National Front is “neither racist nor xenophobic but simply a ‘patriotic’ party.”
This illustrates the image she wants FN to have, witch Im guessing is pretty close to how UKIP is perceived. One should also note that FN (to my knowledge) have never been a "racial" party and they certainly arent one now. They have always seen French colonies as part of France and have blacks and Arabs as representatives.

I agree with you that it is very important to present what you are proposing in a good way, rhetoric is important and it can still evolve allot in our circles BUT (and its a big but) it can not happen on the expense of ideology witch is the case for many nationalist organizations such as the Swedish democrats (to take an example close to home for me) where they did not evolve so much rhetorically as became ideologically scattered and became more pc and more inconsistent in what and why they promote the things they do. Such a organization is very easy to subvert into becoming what it once was fighting against.

Rhetorical evolution is Craig Bodeker, Jared Taylor and Kevin MacDonald. Ideological subversion is when you say one thing and mean another because you want to be PC, witch includes toning-down racial issues. Instead one should present them in a better way witch explains why they are important.

flâneur
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Meaning bowing down at the alter dedicated to the western deity "Saint sellout" and worshiping the Great architect of the universe ZOG.

Mainstram politics for mainstream morons.

Ardito
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Meaning bowing down at the alter dedicated to the western deity "Saint sellout" and worshiping the Great architect of the universe ZOG.

Mainstram politics for mainstream morons.

The old bastard Jean-Marie was bad enough. The FN has always been populist drivel. Marine seems to be purging what few merits it has, and in so doing will simply make it yet another liberal party.

The problem with the right these days is that we let people like the Le Pens be our leaders. We need kings, not politicians.

Godwinson
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry Ardito but I have to disagree with you there, I'm afraid.

Le Pen is one of the iconic figures of Euro Natonalism and he created a party which inspired many others across the continent, not least the BNP. He certainly didn't do any of the "populist drivel" that you refer to!

I dare say you could find some populist quotes if you search the Internet for long enough, but by the same token I could also find a lot of stuff about the Holocaust™ and other such topics. I was in France when he made his breakthrough and attended 3 of his events - let me tell you these were the real deal with no pandering to the mainstream whatsoever :thumbup

His meeting in Toulouse ('86 I think it was?) attracted some of the worst violence I can remember at a political rally and there were several thousands of Reds there before, during and after the event. Luckily, the CRS were on hand but I puked up during the night and my eyes were watering for the next 12 hours due to the effects of the tear gas. Fights? I could go on about these forever but suffice to say I bust two fingers in all the goings-on.

True, things have calmed down a bit since and the FN eventually became part of the political scene simply because they refused to go away, but he and his party had to battle for their existence in the early days and he deserves huge respect for this!!!

Maybe he's toned down the rhetoric a bit since but Le Pen is no populist, I'll guarantee you that much ;)

Ardito
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe he's toned down the rhetoric a bit since but Le Pen is no populist, I'll guarantee you that much ;)

When I say "populist", I mean, as opposed to traditional hierarchy. His ideology, as far as I can see, is folkish nationalism. It references the people as the justification of the nation, rather than the order to which those people conform. This is a modern invention. He is ultimately descended from the French revolution. In the grand scheme of things, he is a revolutionary, which is to be philosophically void. He is contrary to divine order. Thus, at best, he is a temporary dam against the tide of liberalism, and at worst, a distraction. I believe him to be much more the latter than the former.

InvaderNat
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 10:54 PM
This illustrates the image she wants FN to have, witch Im guessing is pretty close to how UKIP is perceived. One should also note that FN (to my knowledge) have never been a "racial" party and they certainly arent one now. They have always seen French colonies as part of France and have blacks and Arabs as representatives.

I get the feeling that she is more like the PVV, DPP or FPO than UKIP. UKIP seem to be more of a spin-off of the Tory party than an actual Nationalist group. There ideology doesn't really seem to be that different from UMP, but enough of them (did I mention how much I despise UKIP..:P).

As for the colonies, I don't see why they really matter too much. Personally I'd get rid of them, but it's not as if the racial aliens there are actually living in France so they may as well be just another group of foreigners (who pay taxes).

Schattenjäger
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Le Pen doesn't impress me much, same as all France. If Germans had the same conditions as Le Pen in France, the Germany would be ruled by german nationalists by now.

Godwinson
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Well, I do agree with Ardito that France is a lost cause now. Their race has never been the purest but JMLP did his bit to pull things round and ran a whole General Election campaign in the 80's on the theme of expelling 3 million Muslim immigrants! From memory, I think the FN slogan was "3 million immigrants, 3 million unemployed" - that was pretty hard-hitting stuff!!

I suspect they've taken the "edge" off their policies now to make them more palatable to the public and, I must confess, I don't know quite so much about Marine Le Pen. Perhaps she is trying to pull the FN towards the mainstream, but this would be sheer lunacy because the Establishment parties have got all the bases covered and France doesn't need another wishy-washy UMP. If this is indeed what she's trying to do then she's certainly changed her tune from the young Nationalist I remember!

I think we'll just have to wait and see ...

Oxygen
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Another article on FN leadership change from AmRen.

Le Pen Daughter Inherits French Far-Right Leadership
France’s National Front crowned founder Jean-Marie Le Pen’s daughter Marine its new leader Sunday, looking to soften the anti-immigrant party’s image before next year’s presidential polls.

“The choice of globalisation is deregulation . . . demographic submersion and the dilution of our civilisation,” she told the crowd, who waved flags and bellowed: “France for the French!”

Like her father, she has not avoided provoking outrage with outspoken comments. Last month she compared Muslims praying in the streets outside overcrowded mosques in France to the Nazi occupation.

Analysts say she is subtly recasting his hardline positions on Islam and immigration as a positive defence of French values. http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2011/01/le_pen_daughter.php

http://www.amren.com/graphics/AR-masthead.jpg (http://www.amren.com/)

Huginn ok Muninn
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
The answer for Nationalist parties is not to compromise themselves, but to compromise the media. The media dictates the culture and decides what is acceptable and what is not. People are woefully attached to what commentators say and even the inflections in their voices can influence public opinion. It's a very sophisticated industry, and it's in the hands of hardcore multiculturalists. Solve this problem, and the rest will follow naturally.

Godwinson
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Like her father, she has not avoided provoking outrage with outspoken comments. Last month she compared Muslims praying in the streets outside overcrowded mosques in France to the Nazi occupation.

Good stuff :thumbup

This at least proves she's not a softie and comparing the Muslim immigrants with The Occupation will of course have a particular resonance for the French ;) I think you have to play the media's game to a certain extent and use the scarecrow symbols that the public reacts to. By (implicitly) condemning the Nazis she's covered herself here, whilst at the same time having a pop at the Muzzies.

The BNP has been doing this for years by using Churchill as their symbol of resistance in fighting off the "invaders". I'm not a huge fan of this myself but I can see how it will be effective in both playing on the public's fears and keeping at bay a media that's constantly seeking to use the "Nazi" card against them!

The Aesthete
Thursday, January 20th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Wise move with BNP and Churchill

Le Pen was a proud Frenchman and good for all of Europe, he will be missed